Page 47 of 143 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would never say zero, but I agree the chances are not good..Just a best case scenario
    True, but I don't even see a reason why NOH does that deal even if the league let them.

We'd be asking them to take on two years of RJ for 21M and sweetening the deal with Joseph, Anderson, and a late first round pick. They'd be better off just buying Kaman out.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see it, but I didn't see the sense behind allowing the options on Mahinmi and Anderson to lapse either.

As to his value, who knows? It just takes one GM to like him. As much as he's fallen out of favor on ST, he is still an NBA rotation-quality player that has a year left on a very cheap contract.
    Its just an exaggeration.. most of the knowledgeable posters acknowledge both his pros and cons.

I agree with you about trading Blair. Doesn't make a lot of sense from the Spurs perspective. Ideally we'd want to trade Blair for another big... one with more size. Hard to see anyone trading a player with size for Blair unless that player was terrible.

Late first rounder is also risky.. it might cost more to keep the pick and we may end up with a player with less potential and doesn't pan out.

Trading Blair would likely end up being a salary dump for a 2nd round.. that would be terrible IMO.

NBAChamp..to be Continued SpurNation's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jefferson (once again) seems to be flaming out after another hot start. Green and Leonard poised to take over on the wing. Spurs system doesn't provide R.J. to play at his full potential being he is always going to be 4th option in the offense.

Heard in the past (not sure about now) Cleveland looking to part with Varejao.

Also read somewhere at one time this year Wizards wanting to part with Blatche.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6wjrdkn

Spurs get something of value (in an area they need help) for Jefferson instead of just amnestying. Though longer in duration, Varejao's contract is less per year.

Wizards get in Jefferson a player that could possibly produce better in a style more conducive to R.J.'s strengths plus give the Wizards much needed help in their close to the bottom of the league 3 point shooting percentage. (Wizards will be able to draft, in a draft loaded with big man talent) a talented young prospect.

Cleveland get in Blatche a player similar to Varejao but pay appx. 1.5 mil less per year plus would also be in the mix in next years draft to get another young big with potential.

The start of the RRT has begun. Yet that schedule is the most conducive (be it not by much) this year to helping get any new player acclimated to the system being it is the time they have the most time off between games this entire season. Varejao at 7.5 mil is relatively inexpensive for a quality big man in this league and definitely shores up one of it's weakest areas of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jefferson (once again) seems to be flaming out after another hot start. Green and Leonard poised to take over on the wing. Spurs system doesn't provide R.J. to play at his full potential being he is always going to be 4th option in the offense.

Heard in the past (not sure about now) Cleveland looking to part with Varejao.

Also read somewhere at one time this year Wizards wanting to part with Blatche.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6wjrdkn

Spurs get something of value (in an area they need help) for Jefferson instead of just amnestying. Though longer in duration, Varejao's contract is less per year.

Wizards get in Jefferson a player that could possibly produce better in a style more conducive to R.J.'s strengths plus give the Wizards much needed help in their close to the bottom of the league 3 point shooting percentage. (Wizards will be able to draft, in a draft loaded with big man talent) a talented young prospect.

Cleveland get in Blatche a player similar to Varejao but pay appx. 1.5 mil less per year plus would also be in the mix in next years draft to get another young big with potential.

The start of the RRT has begun. Yet that schedule is the most conducive (be it not by much) this year to helping get any new player acclimated to the system being it is the time they have the most time off between games this entire season. Varejao at 7.5 mil is relatively inexpensive for a quality big man in this league and definitely shores up one of it's weakest areas of the team.
    Nice try.

I'm sure the Spurs would do RJ for Andy, but I think you know that the Cavs wouldn't. That's why you added Blatche, but the Cavs wouldn't want him either. Nor would the Spurs want an overpaid, underachiever like Blatche.

Basically, if you've come up with a trade where RJ leaves and the Spurs get a better player in return, at least one other team is getting the shaft.

We all want to make RJ disappear, moreso with the emergence of Leonard and Green. That's what the amnesty is for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My masterplan:

RJ+JA+Joseph (if needed)+1st rd pick for Kaman..
    Trade Blair in offseason for late 1st rd pick (maybe Boston)
    Amnesty Bonner in the offseason

This would allow the core group to remain for a le and keep core young players. Also free up an additional 15 mil for the offseason..Just a thought
    Trading Bonner for an expiring and amnestying RJ is way more easier to do than the opposite. If Spurs want to open a lot of cap space, doing that way is more logical than doing your plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Bonner for an expiring and amnestying RJ is way more easier to do than the opposite. If Spurs want to open a lot of cap space, doing that way is more logical than doing your plan.
    That way may be easier to the general public, but not on the spurs..The spurs would still be on the hook for majority of RJ's contract if amnestied rather than traded..I understand your point though...

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way we could move RJ would be to a team with a horrendous contract that has already used the amnesty provision, otherwise both teams are bette off just using amnesty provision.
    Magic Don't do a Hedo swap, Knicks wouldn't do Amare/Melo/Chandler(their only big contracts), Cavs wouldn't do Varejao, Nets would trade D-Will and Blazers wouldn't trade anyone for RJ.

Only reasonable team is an RJ-Biedrins offer, and we might be better off using amnesty. Could attempt it if it allowed some sort of Blair based swap(For Udoh OR Rush?), but even then it's not a surefire way to get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way we could move RJ would be to a team with a horrendous contract that has already used the amnesty provision, otherwise both teams are bette off just using amnesty provision.
    Magic Don't do a Hedo swap, Knicks wouldn't do Amare/Melo/Chandler(their only big contracts), Cavs wouldn't do Varejao, Nets would trade D-Will and Blazers wouldn't trade anyone for RJ.

Only reasonable team is an RJ-Biedrins offer, and we might be better off using amnesty. Could attempt it if it allowed some sort of Blair based swap(For Udoh OR Rush?), but even then it's not a surefire way to get better.
    While Biedrins may well be the only somewhat realistic trade option, I don't think the Spurs do it, as it would eat $9 million from this summer's cap space ( assuming RJ gets amnestied ), which the Spurs seem to value highly. Thus IMO : The only way we could move RJ would be to a team with a big expiring contract that has already used the amnesty provision, otherwise both teams are better off just using amnesty provision.

Makes it that much harder to move him and it shows why they've been shopping him for so long to no avail. He'll be amnestied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Biedrins may well be the only somewhat realistic trade option, I don't think the Spurs do it, as it would eat $9 million from this summer's cap space ( assuming RJ gets amnestied ), which the Spurs seem to value highly. Thus IMO : The only way we could move RJ would be to a team with a big expiring contract that has already used the amnesty provision, otherwise both teams are better off just using amnesty provision.

Makes it that much harder to move him and it shows why they've been shopping him for so long to no avail. He'll be amnestied.
    the money we save

is it better to upped ford and blairs salary? or sign FA?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still want the Spurs to look into Jason Thompson.

A Blair, Anderson and rights to De Colo may be able to sway the Kings into a deal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7bc4kxm

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if I'm doing that trade with the Kings, I would look at trying Blair + Anderson + 1st Round pick for Thompson + Kings 2nd round pick, with some level of protection built in.(Lottery/Top 20 or similar) I'm not sure We'll continue to hold #2 in the West, but a good record is looking more likely which would push us up to #25 or so in the draft. Trading down from 25 to 35 might be a decent deal. I think I'd rather have de Colo and 35 than 25, and the Kings would probably prefer 25 to 35 and de Colo. Also, The Spurs may well pick a guy at 25 who they could've got at 35.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson wants out of Milwauke. He'd be a welcome addition in my oppinion. He's getting a bit old but he's fearless and a heck of a compe or. Some people call him a nutcase but every team needs a player with fire and at ude.

The following from Yahoo/NBA

"Milwaukee Bucks wing Stephen Jackson has a reputation as a hothead, but he's also one of the best teammates in the NBA -- Tim Duncan has even said so much. He tends to believe in the team cause for a while, even if things eventually go sour and he demands a trade. If there's a reason to stay engaged, like the possibility of the playoffs, then he'll give it his all."

I'd love to see him back in SA for another shot at the le.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6ow8z3h

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ersan Ilyasova is a bit of an underrated player in my op.

8.3ppg, 7.7rpg, 0.6 bpg & spg

Him and Jackson would be a big upgrade over and Fatty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson wants out of Milwauke. He'd be a welcome addition in my oppinion. He's getting a bit old but he's fearless and a heck of a compe or. Some people call him a nutcase but every team needs a player with fire and at ude.

The following from Yahoo/NBA

"Milwaukee Bucks wing Stephen Jackson has a reputation as a hothead, but he's also one of the best teammates in the NBA -- Tim Duncan has even said so much. He tends to believe in the team cause for a while, even if things eventually go sour and he demands a trade. If there's a reason to stay engaged, like the possibility of the playoffs, then he'll give it his all."

I'd love to see him back in SA for another shot at the le.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6ow8z3h

Bucks aren't taking RJ back.

Nobody is taking RJ.

RJ will be a Spur until they use the amnesty on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bucks aren't taking RJ back.

Nobody is taking RJ.

RJ will be a Spur until they use the amnesty on him.
    The very fact that everybody thinks that Spurs will amnesty RJ has further brought down any hopes of us trading him. The whole, "why trade for something I can get at reduced price this summer" thing.

What concerns me more is that if the Spurs strike out this summer with respect to any intended FA signings I can see them keeping RJ. Sure he comes off the cap, but Holt still has to pay him a sizable portion of his contract. And if the team is under or at the cap anyway, might as well have him on the roster...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The very fact that everybody thinks that Spurs will amnesty RJ has further brought down any hopes of us trading him. The whole, "why trade for something I can get at reduced price this summer" thing.

What concerns me more is that if the Spurs strike out this summer with respect to any intended FA signings I can see them keeping RJ. Sure he comes off the cap, but Holt still has to pay him a sizable portion of his contract. And if the team is under or at the cap anyway, might as well have him on the roster...
    They couldn't know they'd strike out unless they amnesty him first because otherwise they wouldn't have the money to offer to any FA.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for whatever reason (it's not an injury), Anthony Randolph has completely lost hit minutes and got his 8th DNP in February. well one reason is, that the Wolves are currently overloaded in the front court. (considering Beasely and Willimas play some PF as well)

what they need is shooting from the perimeter. so Neal should be a somehow attractive option for them. (Anderson isn't, as his resume is worse than Ellington's). Wolves still hope for a PO birth. so, if Spurs wanted to pull such a trade, this would be the moment IMO. the return of Manu makes Neal expendable and his two or three good games lately should help to make a team at least listen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why people have been wanting Randolph over the years..Guy has been on a number of teams where he should have developed and still nothing. Time to let that ship sail, BUST...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Andersen is apparently on the block in Denver. They have a glut of frontcourt players when Nene and Mozgov comes back. They just signed Koufos to an extension and they have a younger version of Birdman in Faried.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=73k847b

Just sayin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Denver is about to trade for 10 mil backup for a player they recently extend ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Denver is about to trade for 10 mil backup for a player they recently extend ?
    You mean the guy that's out for a month? They have Corey Brewer, Gallinari, and Affalo on the wings, but they're much more thin on the wings than they are on the frontline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the guy that's out for a month? They have Corey Brewer, Gallinari, and Affalo on the wings, but they're much more thin on the wings than they are on the frontline.
    They wont trade, and pay 10 mil to Jefferson, for next 2 and half year.. And Galo will be back. Denver isnt going anywhere this year, so the injury doesnt mean anything. They will draft backup SF, or sign swingmen from FA, for half that Jefferson is earning.

Besides, why would Spurs trade for Birdmen ? His 4 mil, could screw whole FA plan for Spurs. If there is one.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to remeber that the Nuggets are waiting for Wilson Chandlers return.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to remeber that the Nuggets are waiting for Wilson Chandlers return.
    True forgot about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can offer McDyess expiring + James Anderson to Denver in exchange of Chris Andersen. Andersen is a high energy guy who can make some impact in play-offs with his defense.

Thread Information