Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dice is retired. Nothing to trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard + Q. Richardson's contract for Ginobili + Blair + RJ should work, and that's probably the best Orlando will get.
    Not even close. They're not taking RJ's contract. They want young talent, cap relief and high picks, we've none of these.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Cory Joseph He Sucks..........

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard + Q. Richardson's contract for Ginobili + Blair + RJ should work, and that's probably the best Orlando will get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between the trade deadline some amount of salary Spurs could absorb with the most likely package they will offer:

Blair + Anderson will allow Spurs to take back up to $3,161,900 in salary.
    Blair + Anderson + Joseph will allow Spurs to take back up to $4,340,275 in salary.
    Bonner + Anderson will allow Spurs to take back up to $6,073,150 in salary.
    Bonner + Anderson + Joseph will allow Spurs to take back up $7,252,525 to in salary.

Picks and cash could be include but it weights $0 to match salaries. Spurs can to absorb players with min contracts and a player paid less $954,389 through a little trade exception they have.

Players salaries can be found here:
    http://www.shamsports.com/content/pa...ries/index.jsp

All the above should help posters to know what Spurs should trade to get a certain player they like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between the trade deadline some amount of salary Spurs could absorb with the most likely package they will offer:

Blair + Anderson will allow Spurs to take back up to $3,161,900 in salary.
    Blair + Anderson + Joseph will allow Spurs to take back up to $4,340,275 in salary.
    Bonner + Anderson will allow Spurs to take back up to $6,073,150 in salary.
    Bonner + Anderson + Joseph will allow Spurs to take back up $7,252,525 to in salary.

Picks and cash could be include but it weights $0 to match salaries. Spurs can to absorb players with min contracts and a player paid less $954,389 through a little trade exception they have.

Players salaries can be found here:
    http://www.shamsports.com/content/pa...ries/index.jsp

All the above should help posters to know what Spurs should trade to get a certain player they like.
    whatever money we save, will be offset by whatever Neal demands for his next contract anyway...theres really not much saving besides allocating those salaries to neal new contract where i think some time is going to chuck the MLE at him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever money we save, will be offset by whatever Neal demands for his next contract anyway...theres really not much saving besides allocating those salaries to neal new contract where i think some time is going to chuck the MLE at him
    WTF are you talking about?

My post has nothing to do with Spurs doing some salary saving moves. It is just a guide to do trades that respects the CBA rule of 125%+100K.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read on a rumor site that the mavs were thinking abt dumping Rodrigue to avoid having to pay the last 3 years of his deal. The fact that spurs mavs are unlikely bed fellows aside, a JA for Rodrigue swap works. Does he have any upside left post foot surgery?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF are you talking about?

My post has nothing to do with Spurs doing some salary saving moves. It is just a guide to do trades that respects the CBA rule of 125%+100K.
    Bonner isnt going to be traded. If Spurs are going to absorb salary, they will make trade with Dice`s contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner isnt going to be traded. If Spurs are going to absorb salary, they will make trade with Dice`s contract.
    There seems to be confusion on using Dice's contract despite his retirement. Could someone confirm for me whether the Spurs may or use his "expiring contract" in a trade?

If so that's kind of a big deal. Spurs could offer about 4m (per shamsports) in expiring contracts between Dice and Anderson alone, no?
    Last edited by CGD; 02-22-2012 at 11:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There seems to be confusion on using Dice's contract despite his retirement. Could someone confirm for me whether the Spurs may or use his "expiring contract" in a trade?

If so that's kind of a big deal. Spurs could offer about 4m (per shamsports) in expiring contracts between Dice and Anderson alone, no?
    The time to use Dice's contract in a trade has long passed. He was waived back in December.

"With a deadline for fully guaranteeing McDyess’ $5.22 million contract approaching at the end of the business day, the Spurs waived the 6-foot-9 forward from Alabama."

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...ment-decision/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, you can't trade the contract of a waived player. It's not allowed by the CBA.

But I agree that Bonner likely won't be traded. Blair is way more on the hot seat than Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The time to trade Dice's contract has gone a long time ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read on a rumor site that the mavs were thinking abt dumping Rodrigue to avoid having to pay the last 3 years of his deal. The fact that spurs mavs are unlikely bed fellows aside, a JA for Rodrigue swap works. Does he have any upside left post foot surgery?
    Beaubois has had some big games this year and seems to have recover well from his injury. The reason why he is in the doghouse is because Carlisle doesn't like the way he plays the point. Like George Hill, Beaubois is more a undersized SG than a true PG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ+JA+Blair for Stephen Jackson+Larry Sanders+Jon Brockman. SJ is a trouble for Bucks. Sanders is a good shot blocker. Brockman is a under-sized tough player. But I doubt Bucks aren't interested in Rj and JA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beaubois has had some big games this year and seems to have recover well from his injury. The reason why he is in the doghouse is because Carlisle doesn't like the way he plays the point. Like George Hill, Beaubois is more a undersized SG than a true PG.
    That's unfortunate. I thought he had more PG potential than Hill. I suppose though that the spurs are not in a bad position at backup pg for the next 2 years provided Ford can stay healthy. I think he showed enough this season in limited play where it would make sense to sign him again this summer (at least for enough time to see if Joseph will pan out).

With respect to trades. The more I think about it, JA has more value to this team as an expiring contract. I just don't see a young (and available) talent worth taking on more contract years for. Maybe Randolph. I'd rather use that 1.5m toward overpaying a RFA like Brook Lopez this summer.
    Last edited by CGD; 02-22-2012 at 02:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone think packaging RJ with 2 first rounders (this years and a future) would entice a team to take him? If so would it be worth it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So something like RJ+fillers+2 First Round Picks for Jamison?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So something like RJ+fillers+2 First Round Picks for Jamison?
    So the cavs get a terrible contract for 2 seasons and 2 picks somewhere between 25-30 for the next 2 seasons...What a bargain for the cavs, ..If anyone is going get the worst side of an RJ trade you better believe its gonna be the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does the pick have to be for when the spurs still have Tim/TP/Manu? Why not 3 years from now? Either way, it was a hypothetical, no need for a roll eyes girl. You also failed to address the intent of the question. Is giving up 2 first rounders worth it to dump RJ or is that likely not enough incentive?

Also, no matter how you slice it 2 first rounders for Jamison has to be a pretty high return in a bubble, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does the pick have to be for when the spurs still have Tim/TP/Manu? Why not 3 years from now? Either way, it was a hypothetical, no need for a roll eyes girl. You also failed to address the intent of the question. Is giving up 2 first rounders worth it to dump RJ or is that likely not enough incentive?

Also, no matter how you slice it 2 first rounders for Jamison has to be a pretty high return in a bubble, right?
    Would you rather have 2 very late 1st rd picks or would you want 10 mil in extra cap room for the next 2 seasons? Me personally, I will gladly take the cap room

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you rather have 2 very late 1st rd picks or would you want 10 mil in extra cap room for the next 2 seasons? Me personally, I will gladly take the cap room
    You are getting caught up in the Jamison example and not focusing on the question. Forget a guy like Jamison. Say there's a guy with a similar contract to RJ (maybe a little younger or one less year or something). In a bubble, is giving up two firsts to get rid of RJ too much? Not enough?

Also you keep saying "in the 25-30 range". While a pick this year may be there a future pick could very well be much better when Tim is gone and Manu (say 2 years from now).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amnesty rule makes a RJ trade unlikely.

The whole basis of a trade is a symmetry concept. You give up something to get something and in almost every trade, teams give up about equal value.

The amnesty rule create an asymmetrical situation with RJ. RJ's contract isn't that bad for Spurs because they can make it away of the salary cap and luxury tax with the amnesty. RJ's contract is very bad for other teams because they can't amnesty him and he will badly hit their salary cap and luxury tax situation.

The result of all this is that other teams will ask a lot to take RJ's contract and Spurs won't be fine with it because they can just amnesty him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, you can't trade the contract of a waived player. It's not allowed by the CBA.

But I agree that Bonner likely won't be traded. Blair is way more on the hot seat than Bonner.
    Ok, didnt know. I am not a expert in trade rules. Nevertheless Bonner is going to wear Spurs` uniform in May.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless it's an amazing deal, Jefferson isn't getting traded. He'll be amnestied this offseason. The numbers don't really support anything else.

Thread Information