Page 49 of 143 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you do Walton and Artest for Jefferson and Anderson?
    LA is at the bottom of 3pt shooting (the one thing RJ an do) and Artest can't play SF anymore. He can play PF, but LA is loaded at this position. The only reason I throw Walton in is to make the deal work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you do Walton and Artest for Jefferson and Anderson?
    LA is at the bottom of 3pt shooting (the one thing RJ an do) and Artest can't play SF anymore. He can play PF, but LA is loaded at this position. The only reason I throw Walton in is to make the deal work.
    See Bruno's post 3 posts above yours. Neither team does that trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JA for K. Seraphin (Washington, french big man).

Works on Paper. Not sure why Washington does it. But can't hurt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amnesty rule makes a RJ trade unlikely.

The whole basis of a trade is a symmetry concept. You give up something to get something and in almost every trade, teams give up about equal value.

The amnesty rule create an asymmetrical situation with RJ. RJ's contract isn't that bad for Spurs because they can make it away of the salary cap and luxury tax with the amnesty. RJ's contract is very bad for other teams because they can't amnesty him and he will badly hit their salary cap and luxury tax situation.

The result of all this is that other teams will ask a lot to take RJ's contract and Spurs won't be fine with it because they can just amnesty him.
    The only other plausible scenario is that the team the Spurs are dealing with have *already* used the amnesty clause on someone else and still have a bad contract which they wouldn't mind swapping. And if the Spurs feel that whoever they trade RJ for is perhaps going to contribute to the Spurs becoming a contender this year and is a redeemable project that can clog the Spurs' cap space beyond the end of this season.

I see only one player who fits that criteria and that is Andris Biedrins, with many warts and all. He is having a poor season with the Warriors, who seem to be trying to trade him now (or else they wouldn't play him as a starter over Ekpe Udoh). The Warriors have also already used up the amnesty clause on Charlie Bell. If they think they have value for RJ as a Three in a system centered around Stephen Curry, with Dorell Wright coming from the bench ..there is a possibility of a RJ-Biedrins swap.

The Spurs on the other hand, will be taking a huge risk with a center who is mortally fearful of contact - to avoid going to the FT line where he is abysmal - and has generally regressed to be a s of what his potential could be, mostly because of some really bad coaching by Don Nelson.

ESPN Trade machine - http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=5tb9y5l

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only other plausible scenario is that the team the Spurs are dealing with have *already* used the amnesty clause on someone else and still have a bad contract which they wouldn't mind swapping. And if the Spurs feel that whoever they trade RJ for is perhaps going to contribute to the Spurs becoming a contender this year and is a redeemable project that can clog the Spurs' cap space beyond the end of this season.

I see only one player who fits that criteria and that is Andris Biedrins, with many warts and all. He is having a poor season with the Warriors, who seem to be trying to trade him now (or else they wouldn't play him as a starter over Ekpe Udoh). The Warriors have also already used up the amnesty clause on Charlie Bell. If they think they have value for RJ as a Three in a system centered around Stephen Curry, with Dorell Wright coming from the bench ..there is a possibility of a RJ-Biedrins swap.

The Spurs on the other hand, will be taking a huge risk with a center who is mortally fearful of contact - to avoid going to the FT line where he is abysmal - and has generally regressed to be a s of what his potential could be, mostly because of some really bad coaching by Don Nelson.

Yeah.

In a world with no amnesty, or one where both teams had already used it, an RJ for Biedrins trade would make perfect sense. My incredibly overpaid disappointment for your equally overpaid disappointment and we'll see if a change of scenario makes a difference. For the reasons you cite, however, it won't happen while the Spurs retain the ability to amnesty RJ.

RJ won't be traded this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With Lorbek possible in the picture no way you take Biedrins contract. Sign Lorbek to a reasonable contract and then amnesty RJ, case closed. Agree that RJ will remain with the spurs this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Lorbek possible in the picture no way you take Biedrins contract. Sign Lorbek to a reasonable contract and then amnesty RJ, case closed. Agree that RJ will remain with the spurs this season.
    I basically agree. I was only to trying to say, lets hedge on the idea that the Spurs want to contend this year and that the Tim Duncan championship window is narrowing... if so, what remains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7l62k4w

Blair just had a good game. Get rid of him while he has some value. Let's hope RJ goes off for 50 next game and he gets some value to.

Camby/Splitter
    Duncan/ Bonner
    Batum/Leonard
    Manu
    Parker

Solid frontcourt rotation. Camby is still getting 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per game and Batum is going for 14 points 1 steal 1 block while shooting 43% from 3 (48% in his last 5 games) Go get these two as.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ On what planet do Blazers take on RJ's contract and why the would they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'm severely overrating the value of first round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'm severely overrating the value of first round picks.
    If you think someone is willing to take on RJ's contract in order to get a couple of future San Antonio first rounders, then yes you are.

Bruno's post on the effect a potential amnesty has on the symmetry of potential trades is really on point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams usually can a buy a late 1st round pick for 3M. Considering that our picks are going to be late ones, do you guys really think a team would be willing to take his 21m in remaining salary to take 2 late 1st round picks ?

I've said it many times. They only way to get rid of Jefferson is getting a bad contract back. Something like Jefferson for Charlie V from the Pistons or Josh Childress from the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pacers Willing To Take On More Salary Before Trade Deadline

“We've got $15 million under the cap and I'm not afraid to make another move now to strengthen our bench or maybe even (add) one or two guys,” president of basketball operations Larry Bird said. “We're still out there looking and whatever we can do to make this team better, we're going to do.

"I'm going continue to do whatever I can to make this team better,” Bird said. “If I see a player out there I think can make us better, I'm going to go ahead and make the move. It could be a trade, but it's probably going to be picking up somebody off another team just so they can get some money off (the salary cap). We've got a lot of calls in, talked to a lot of people and we're going to try to continue to strengthen this team."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Trade_Deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pacers Willing To Take On More Salary Before Trade Deadline

“We've got $15 million under the cap and I'm not afraid to make another move now to strengthen our bench or maybe even (add) one or two guys,” president of basketball operations Larry Bird said. “We're still out there looking and whatever we can do to make this team better, we're going to do.

"I'm going continue to do whatever I can to make this team better,” Bird said. “If I see a player out there I think can make us better, I'm going to go ahead and make the move. It could be a trade, but it's probably going to be picking up somebody off another team just so they can get some money off (the salary cap). We've got a lot of calls in, talked to a lot of people and we're going to try to continue to strengthen this team."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Trade_Deadline
    This would be the ideal team to dump JA..Would this move free up any extra cash to spend on possible buyouts?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be the ideal team to dump JA..Would this move free up any extra cash to spend on possible buyouts?
    With Spurs being well over the cap, it would not. It would only free up relevant cap space next off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't change the maximum amount that they are allowed to offer to a buyout candidate, but it could change the amount that they are willing to offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Anderson & Cory Joseph for Anthony Randolph

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randolph has the tools but has never put it together.

Why would he suddenly help in SA? He's still a project. Projects don't get playing time in SA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know when the $800K trade exception we got from Indiana in the Hill trade will expire?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know when the $800K trade exception we got from Indiana in the Hill trade will expire?
    One year from the date of trade (6/23/11).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One year from the date of trade (6/23/11).
    Awesome, thx

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Orton for JA? Both make close to the same. Both want to switch to a new team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Orton for JA? Both make close to the same. Both want to switch to a new team
    Kyle Orton ? He sucks. 7ft chair could be more useful for Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kyle plays for the chiefs.

Daniel is a raw big man who came out to early. But its not like we are gonna get a lot in return for JA. I think at best we get a 2nd round pick, top 55 protected for him.

So if we can dump him for a big man project, I'm ok with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, Spurs are more interested to save money by salary dumping JA than trading him for another marginal prospect. If Spurs are intrigued by Daniel Orton, they can wait this summer when he will be an UFA.

Thread Information