Page 51 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing

I don't think SAC has any interest in trading Cousins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think SAC has any interest in trading Cousins.
    Which is a pity since they don't seem to have any interest in coaching him either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think sjax will get flipped in a trade next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think sjax will get flipped in a trade next season?
    It's a possibility but it will depend a lot on what he does in the playoffs.

That's what good with the RJ for Jack trade. If Jack doesn't work out for either off the court or on the court reasons, he will still be a big fat expiring contract with the trade value associated to it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you trade SJ would you do it for players and draft picks or just a player? What player would we want?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree; I think it really depends whether in feb 2013 the spurs look poised to make a deep run or not. If they're floating around 6th seed or lower, I wouldn't be surprised if he's shipped regardless of how he's playing. Another consideration is that he'll be in last year of contract mode, so that should up his value.

It's been mentioned before that a lot of cap room frees up next summer (2013), but as we've seen to many times before FAs spurn the Spurs. May be a better bet to acquire players already under contract, and hence my thought re Jax.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I know people have talked about Batum and Omri I am not sure where each one is as far as contracts. So wondering which of these two guys are the right guy to go after so we continue our youth movement. I haven't watched Omri since his first couple of games in the league but I did like his passion and his heart for the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kings open to offers for tyreke evans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kings open to offers for tyreke evans
    Good luck with that, Kings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Smith express his will to leave Atlanta after this year, maybe Spurs could go after him with an offer including Tiago, Smith will be better fit to Duncan for the later years of his career as Tiago and Duncan don't work together for Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts on trading Neal & Blair for a lotto pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance we get a lotto pick for just Neal and Blair. The highest we could possibly go would be 15 with the 76ers who need outside shooting. Would love if we could package Bonner with them too, Neal and Bonner are the definition of outside shooting.

Best case scenario is early-mid 20s I think for those two

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean that's what we're all waiting for isn't it? Otherwise this draft is going to be pretty damn boring. Spurs have acquired enough interesting young(ish) assets (Green, Blair, Neal, Splitter, Anderson, De Colo's Rights, Hanga's Right) to make a move like in last year's draft.

But a big factor last year was the weakness of that draft, which is not the case this year. I see softness in this draft in the early 20s on, but not before then. Last year, the draft got soft after pick 10.

JUST DONT MOVE KL!!! I hope he is a Spurs for a LONG time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum is it possible ?
    Since OKC is the major rival, like to have a long 3 who can shots the ball too and goes against Harden,etc...
    We have already Leonard,Jax... and many people would prefer having a shotblocking big man, but batum can block some shots too, and can challenge green to the starting line up.
    That would make a 5 like:
    Tp
    Batum 6-8
    Leonard 6-7
    Free Agent
    Tim 6-11

And we could have off the bench:

Manu
    Diaw
    Jax
    Green...

That makes us immediately taller, and more athlectic team, and way way deeper in scoring ability.

Is this realistic enough ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum is it possible ?
    Since OKC is the major rival, like to have a long 3 who can shots the ball too and goes against Harden,etc...
    We have already Leonard,Jax... and many people would prefer having a shotblocking big man, but batum can block some shots too, and can challenge green to the starting line up.
    That would make a 5 like:
    Tp
    Batum 6-8
    Leonard 6-7
    Free Agent
    Tim 6-11

And we could have off the bench:

Manu
    Diaw
    Jax
    Green...

That makes us immediately taller, and more athlectic team, and way way deeper in scoring ability.

Is this realistic enough ?
    Too many swingmen, I think. If the Jackson for Okafor + #10 rumor were somehow true, then I suppose it would be possible. But having 3 rotation-worthy swingmen on the bench (not even counting Neal) seems a bit much to me.
    Last edited by tesseractive; 06-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum isn't available at all.

Olshey was Clippers GM and is now Blazers GM:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...s_is_a_co.html

“As far as I’m concerned, LaMarcus is a cornerstone of the franchise,” Olshey said. “In my mind, he and Nic Batum are what Chris Paul and Blake were to the Clippers, what we were trying to build there. Once you have those two pieces, that bedrock, in place, now you start working out tangentially and adding guys that complement those players.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I laughed BAtum a cornestone to the franchise does he believe that ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many swingmen, I think. If the Jackson for Okafor + #10 rumor were somehow true, then I suppose it would be possible. But having 3 rotation-worthy swingmen on the bench (not even counting Neal) seems a bit much to me.
    I would do that pretty damn quick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG so Jax won't stay ? sad for him...
    but if it is true damn that would be good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do that pretty damn quick.
    Me too, but I'm deeply skeptical that New Orleans would.

If you want to go really nuts with the utterly unlikely dream scenarios, imagine Jack for Okafor and the #10, and also signing KG for the MLE. Draft, say, Terrence Ross (best swingman on the board) and sign De Colo for the LLE, and you're looking at:

PG: Parker, De Colo
    SG: Leonard, Manu, Neal
    SF: Ross, Green
    PF: Garnett, Splitter
    C: Duncan, Okafor

So you're looking at Okafor as your 3rd big, you have some real athleticism on the wing for a change, and you have an utterly ridiculous Parker/Manu/Leonard/Garnett/Duncan lineup in crunch time.

But all of this is daydreaming. Neither KG nor Okafor is a likely scenario at this point, never mind landing both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what rumor is that? any links.. when did this come up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you get there 10 pick who would we want?

Terrence Ross SG 6'7

Myers Leondard C 7'1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what rumor is that? any links.. when did this come up
    The New Orleans paper reported the rumor that the Hornets were trying to get out from under Okafor's contract, which is around $13 million for 2 years, and I think there's a partial guarantee or a buyout for year 3. In order to get him moved, supposedly they're considering bundling the contract with the #10, which is less important since they have the #1.

Dell Demps, their GM, is a Spurs alum, so we're a natural for him to deal with, and Jack has a $10 million expiring contract, so if you throw in a third stringer to make the numbers match, it would line up. So there is some cir stantial evidence to support the idea that the Spurs might be the other side of that deal. As far as I know, there's no confirmation that there are actual negotiations on a deal, so it's anybody's guess.

I tend to assume things like this are going to fall apart or were fake to begin with, but it's certainly an enticing idea if it were to somehow prove true.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Hornets are going to want to tank again next year so they got number one this year they will want to tank one more year for another top pick.

C - Okafor/Splitter
    PF - Duncan/Lobrek
    SF - Kawhi/Terrence Ross
    SG - Manu/Xavier Henry
    PG - Tony/?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Hornets are going to want to tank again next year so they got number one this year they will want to tank one more year for another top pick.

C - Okafor/Splitter
    PF - Duncan/Lobrek
    SF - Kawhi/Terrence Ross
    SG - Manu/Xavier Henry
    PG - Tony/?
    Tbh I like it. I think Henry can still be a solid player in this league.

Thread Information