Page 52 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kamaan, Okafor, Dalambert, Josh Smith, Varajeo, Jamison, Casspi, illysova, ryan anderson, gray, chris anderson, timofey mozgov, bogut, scola, tony allen, darko, beasley, gortat

if we are going to compete something needs to be done. there's lots of options, we have our starting PG and SG we have our starting and backup SF's, we need help next to tim not named bonner or splitter

gortat for splitter n bonner would be nice. playing next to steve nash will improve bonner and splitter ten fold in phoenix and we could get a talented banger with at ude in gortat who averaged 15 and 10, 1.5 blocks and 1steal. He'd be a great piece next to tim. He's strong young, stays out of foul trouble and plays with fire, the polar opposite of soft foul prone splitter and bonner.

Gortat
    Duncan
    Jackson/Leonard
    Manu
    Parker

Not a bad top 6

All of the guys on that list i would like, especially bogut, scola, allen i just used this one as an example.

Gortat is quietly beasting in Phoenix and i really think he'd help our team, just from his inside game offensive and defensive but i think his at ude reminds me of stephen jackson which we need more of.

Nash is so good im sure he could turn boner and splitter into half descent pieces.

Gimme Gortat or any of those other guys mentioned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think we need to capitalize on Green's good season, and get some value for him this summer. Nothing on Green, but I just see an opportunity to make the roster better. If the Celtics want him lets work out a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...orge-hill.html

This article makes some good points. Although I like tiago, if Pop isn't going to play him, then we might as well replace him with a young talent that can make an impact now and help build for the future.

We could then replace Splitter with Lorbek, and resign Diaw. I could maybe see the kings taking Splitter and maybe neal or blair for the #5 ,just for some veteran leadership and talent(cousins and blair are also supposed to be good friends). Splitters stats are pretty damn good per minutes based on the season. After the #5 though, Im not sure there would be any takers until that 10-15 range, and im not sure there's anyone there that could help the spurs more than splitter. I would love to see what the kind of talent the Spurs could uncover with that 5th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think we need to capitalize on Green's good season, and get some value for him this summer. Nothing on Green, but I just see an opportunity to make the roster better. If the Celtics want him lets work out a trade.
    Hard to capitalize on a RFA. If the Spurs retain him for a low price, it means no one wanted him anyways, or you overpay him and hope that the other teams weren't just trying to drive up the value on him.

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to capitalize on a RFA. If the Spurs retain him for a low price, it means no one wanted him anyways, or you overpay him and hope that the other teams weren't just trying to drive up the value on him.
    Or nobody wanted to pay that much. Teams could always trade for him afterwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or nobody wanted to pay that much. Teams could always trade for him afterwards.
    That is my point. If they don't want to pay that much, they aren't going to suddenly turn around and decide to trade for him at the same value they could have outright signed him for. Or if they do, its because they believe they are improving over what they had, in which case why would the Spurs want the scraps in the deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm an australian. Gimme Andrew en Bogut.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isnt Bonner technicaly expiring ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is my point. If they don't want to pay that much, they aren't going to suddenly turn around and decide to trade for him at the same value they could have outright signed him for. Or if they do, its because they believe they are improving over what they had, in which case why would the Spurs want the scraps in the deal?
    Is there a prohibition on trading a player subject to a QO on draft day? Wouldnt a draft day trade merely mean the acquiring team acquires the right to make the decision to match/not match the QO once the free agency period opens? I'm not aware the CBA prohibits this, but please correct me if wrong.

Hypothetically, if Boston wanted Green couldn't they trade for him using either the 20th or 21st picks (which they own)?

[NOTE: I'm not saying the Celtics WOULD do this trade, so please none of this one line "never going to happen" bull "analysis" that some post around here. This is about whether trading a player subject to a QO is possible]

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isnt Bonner technicaly expiring ?
    Technically no bc he has 2 years left on his deal. The thing is that his last year is guaranteed for only $1M of the nearly $4M hes scheduled to make. So technically no, but effectively, sort of. A team can acquire nearly 3M in cap space 2 years from now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically no bc he has 2 years left on his deal. The thing is that his last year is guaranteed for only $1M of the nearly $4M hes scheduled to make. So technically no, but effectively, sort of. A team can acquire nearly 3M in cap space 2 years from now.
    IMO, Bonner has expired and nothing but a liability. All efforts need to be done to trade him or best amnesty him.. there will be claimants and the loss will be less for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone here tell me when free agency begins and trades can start? Thanks :-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone here tell me when free agency begins and trades can start? Thanks :-)
    Teams outside Heat and Thunder can do trades right now.

The key dates for Spurs of the following weeks are:
    June 25: Deadline for Mills to pick or not his 12-13 option.
    June 28: NBA draft
    June 30: Deadline for Spurs to make a qualifying offer to Green and Mills (if he has opted out).
    July 1: Start of the free agency. Teams can talk to free agents but can't sign them.
    July 11: Teams can start to sign free agents.

History tells us that trades talks will heat up a couple of days before the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One possible trade to have a draft pick could be Splitter and Bonner and possibly Neal for Blatche and the 3 draft choice.
    Washington absolutely wants to eliminate the presence of Blatche from the team and could love the chance to not pay Blathe fot the next three years...

They're not gonna take the option in Lewis contract so they don't have a stretch four and Bonner can have some value for them (after all, he's been one of the best 3 point shooters in the decade, and a slashing point man like Wall is ideal for giving him open looks).
    They need a, possibly cheap, 2 guard that can take the outside shot having just Crowford under contract (so Neal become highly valueable for them; they can try to develop Crowford and gain another deadly shooter for the Wall's open looks).

They already have Nene in their front line to be paired with the longer and co-citizen Splitter : on paper that's a perfect combination of bigs, and a 6 bigs like Nene, Splitter, Seraphin, Booker, Vesely and Bonner looks like a crew as young and promising as nobody in the eastern conference).

I see a win win for both teams, also if we're gonna amnesty Blatche by the minute he's traded to us (don't think Pop wants to risk trying to train him).

It gives us 6/7 more millions of cap space (at the cost of the amnesty) and, more than everything, gives us the chance to take a possible second building block for our re-building on the fly, strong enough to contribute by the minute he wears silver and black, al la Leonard...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blatche is horrendous. The 3rd pick might sway me but he is just awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams outside Heat and Thunder can do trades right now.

The key dates for Spurs of the following weeks are:
    June 25: Deadline for Mills to pick or not his 12-13 option.
    June 28: NBA draft
    June 30: Deadline for Spurs to make a qualifying offer to Green and Mills (if he has opted out).
    July 1: Start of the free agency. Teams can talk to free agents but can't sign them.
    July 11: Teams can start to sign free agents.

History tells us that trades talks will heat up a couple of days before the draft.
    Thanks Bruno, i appreciate it Cant wait to find out which direction the spurs will go. Reload for the elusive le number 5 and how? Or rebuild?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Hornets are in tank mode and RC and Holt want to try do an RJ type trade it will be great to go after Emeka Okafor.

Also someone mentioned Blatche and the 3rd draft pick? for splitter boner and neal? I'd be all in on that. Blatche is a headcase with height strength and talent and maybe we need someone a bit mental on this team.

Either scenarie whether it be Okafor or Blatche and the 3rd pick would be fantastic. Would love to say goodbye to splitter bonner and neal and get some real freakin talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One possible trade to have a draft pick could be Splitter and Bonner and possibly Neal for Blatche and the 3 draft choice.
    Washington absolutely wants to eliminate the presence of Blatche from the team and could love the chance to not pay Blathe fot the next three years...

They're not gonna take the option in Lewis contract so they don't have a stretch four and Bonner can have some value for them (after all, he's been one of the best 3 point shooters in the decade, and a slashing point man like Wall is ideal for giving him open looks).
    They need a, possibly cheap, 2 guard that can take the outside shot having just Crowford under contract (so Neal become highly valueable for them; they can try to develop Crowford and gain another deadly shooter for the Wall's open looks).

They already have Nene in their front line to be paired with the longer and co-citizen Splitter : on paper that's a perfect combination of bigs, and a 6 bigs like Nene, Splitter, Seraphin, Booker, Vesely and Bonner looks like a crew as young and promising as nobody in the eastern conference).

I see a win win for both teams, also if we're gonna amnesty Blatche by the minute he's traded to us (don't think Pop wants to risk trying to train him).

It gives us 6/7 more millions of cap space (at the cost of the amnesty) and, more than everything, gives us the chance to take a possible second building block for our re-building on the fly, strong enough to contribute by the minute he wears silver and black, al la Leonard...

This is the best idea I have heard so far.....this makes a lot of sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that Blatch and 3rd pick deal sounds great

And even if Pop and the front office don't like Blatch, that amnesty is a real good option, so we might even be able to pickup someone with legit talent as well from FA to complement our team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S ing out $24 million to amnesty a guy is a brilliant move for the Lakers, the Mavs, the Blazers, the Knicks... some team that can afford those kind of shenanigans. The reality is that the Spurs can't afford to do something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that Blatch and 3rd pick deal sounds great

And even if Pop and the front office don't like Blatch, that amnesty is a real good option, so we might even be able to pickup someone with legit talent as well from FA to complement our team

If Blatche comes to the Spurs, which he won't, he CAN'T be dumped under the amnesty clause. He would not fit the rules. The player has to have been on the team at the time of the signing of the new CBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Blatche comes to the Spurs, which he won't, he CAN'T be dumped under the amnesty clause. He would not fit the rules. The player has to have been on the team at the time of the signing of the new CBA.
    You're right. I had missed that detail before. So we'd have to actually want to keep him -- or settle with him and have him on our cap for years. That makes the trade even less enticing -- I see why the Wiz might be willing to part with the #3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh okay, my bad.

Alright, screw this trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so many folks have mentioned a "rumor" of okafor + the 10th being shopped around, and that the spurs may be players. Where is the source of this coming from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so many folks have mentioned a "rumor" of okafor + the 10th being shopped around, and that the spurs may be players. Where is the source of this coming from?
    The New Orleans paper ran a story that the Hornets are looking to dispose of Okafor and Ariza's contracts, and that they might package the #10 to help do it.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...ral_ma_14.html

I haven't been able to track down the original source on the rumor that ties the Spurs specifically to an Okafor + #10 deal.

Thread Information