Leonard/Casspi
    Manu
    Parker

Sorry Jack

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man what ever happened to caspi? I know a lot of folks here were excited about him a few years back when he was being drafted. Did he completely fall off?

Im amazed at how much love Andy gets in here. I'm not saying he'd be bad, but some of you guys are obsessed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andy plays exactly like Splitter ! a bit better defensively and worse offensively.

Spurs fans would be really disappointed if they think Andy would be a game-changer here. And I say that as a Brazilian that has been following him since he was very young.

Casspi is the typical case of a player that goes to the wrong franchise. If we had drafted him, he would be our starting SF by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andy hustles more then any big on the Spurs roster. Averages 11 points and 11 rebounds. Even when he isnt grabbing those 11 rebounds a game he always seems to be getting to loose balls and tapping out rebounds for extra posessions. I think he's one of the best in the league for that. And is something our bigs dont seem to do much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS NEED TO GET Marcin Gortat FROM THE Suns, ASAP!!!!! We can give them Splitter, 2 or 3 more players with some picks. Gortat gets pay 7.3 for the next 2 seasons, he's 6'11", 240 lbs, 28 yrs old, 15.4 ppg, 10 rpg and 1.5 bpr, what else do we need from a C. We need to this right now, before somebody else puts a package together. We can still find a PF, but we need to pick this guy for our short and long term goals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are trying to get better in our interior D, then we need some shot blocking guys. I believe this two guys can help to that cause, C Bismack Biyombo from Charlotte - Yes hes a 6'9", but different than our 6'9"s hes a blocker, only 19 yrs old and gets pay 2.9 for the next 3 yrs, then we got PF Ekpe Udoh from the Bucks - Hes 6'10", 25 yrs old, and gets pay 3.5 the next 2 yrs. Cheap, young and not big names, the reason why these guys get overlook is because we dont ever see any highlights from those teams, just like last year when we went deep in the playoff and a lot of people didnt even knew about how good TP played this past year and about Leonard, just cause they dont have a big name does mean this guys can get the job done on the D side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS NEED TO GET Marcin Gortat FROM THE Suns, ASAP!!!!! We can give them Splitter, 2 or 3 more players with some picks. Gortat gets pay 7.3 for the next 2 seasons, he's 6'11", 240 lbs, 28 yrs old, 15.4 ppg, 10 rpg and 1.5 bpr, what else do we need from a C. We need to this right now, before somebody else puts a package together. We can still find a PF, but we need to pick this guy for our short and long term goals.
    , lets see how he does without Nash spoon feeding him on offense...Truthfully, his game probably is better than tiago's right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , lets see how he does without Nash spoon feeding him on offense...Truthfully, his game probably is better than tiago's right now.
    We still got Manu under contract and Manu can find anybody under the hoop, also, the Suns did run a lots of pick n rolls for Nash, so he already has some experience with that, we also got to realize that before the Suns, he played behind Howard in Orlando, so he didnt get a lot of playing time, when he got to the Suns he was behind Lopez and he took over him. This guy still underated for the fact that hes not starting in a Contender team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair/Bonner/Neal/ Joseph to the Wizards for Andray Blatche and 2 future 1st round picks.

With the resigning of Diaw, Green, Mills, and the signing of De Colo; Blair, Neal and even Joseph have become very expendable.

As for the Wizards, they are desperately trying to get rid of Blatche and his contract and even are willing to eat up his salary and use the amnesty clause on him. This fact, presented earlier by Marc Stein via Twitter, makes me believe Spurs have a chance to get away with robbery.

Spurs have the expendable expiring pieces (with exception of Bonner), to save the Wizards over 15 million dollars. With that being said, Spurs could not only get back, at the very least, a 1st round lottery pick in return as compensation (they could probably get 2; 1 being lottery protected or top 5 protected), but they also get back an athletic, yet overpaid, true power forward that, with the tutoring of Pop and Tim, could possibly get over that mental hurdle that has clouded his ceiling the first 6-7 years of his career.

Yeah his contract is a bit absurd, but I'm willing to guarantee Spurs intend to resign Manu after this year to a 2 year deal (matching when Tim's new contract is up). Which means, Spurs are pretty much all in the next 3 years with the squad they have right now. The real rebuilding process won't begin til 3 years down the road and with this deal, Spurs could attain at least 1 unprotected lottery pick and 1 protected 1st round pick to help bridge the big 3 era to the new era a bit more smoothly.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 07-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair/Bonner/Neal/ Joseph to the Wizards for Andray Blatche and 2 future 1st round picks.

With the resigning of Diaw, Green, Mills, and the signing of De Colo; Blair, Neal and even Joseph have become very expendable.

As for the Wizards, they are desperately trying to get rid of Blatche and his contract and even are willing to eat up his salary and use the amnesty clause on him. This fact, presented earlier by Marc Stein via Twitter, makes me believe Spurs have a chance to get away with robbery.

Spurs have the expendable expiring pieces (with exception of Bonner), to save the Wizards over 15 million dollars. With that being said, Spurs could not only get back, at the very least, a 1st round lottery pick in return as compensation (they could probably get 2; 1 being lottery protected or top 5 protected), but they also get back an athletic, yet overpaid, true power forward that, with the tutoring of Pop and Tim, could possibly get over that mental hurdle that has clouded his ceiling the first 6-7 years of his career.

Yeah his contract is a bit absurd, but I'm willing to guarantee Spurs intend to resign Manu after this year to a 2 year deal (matching when Tim's new contract is up). Which means, Spurs are pretty much all in the next 3 years with the squad they have right now. The real rebuilding process won't begin til 3 years down the road and with this deal, Spurs could attain at least 1 unprotected lottery pick and 1 protected 1st round pick to help bridge the big 3 era to the new era a bit more smoothly.
    Washington is an intersting trade partner.
    Considering the french connection, Seraphin could be an intriguing player...

So add Byars contract to the ones of COJO,Neal, Blair and Bonner and a package of Blatche, Seraphin + one future first pick could be intersting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

, nice one....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I clarified in the paragraph. One unprotected pick and one protected.

And it is reasonable considering how much time and money Blatche has left on his contract IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I clarified in the paragraph. One unprotected pick and one protected.

And it is reasonable considering how much time and money Blatche has left on his contract IMO.
    Why would you trade for a player that has been rumoured as a buyout for many months? No need to take on that horrible contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you trade for a player that has been rumoured as a buyout for many months? No need to take on that horrible contract.
    Spurs getting 2 first round picks from the Wizards for essentially nothing since Neal/Blair/Joseph are all expendable, is a great move to improve the stability of the franchise from a contending standpoint in the long-run.

Blatche, on the other hand, is talented enough to be productive in the 15 minutes that will be available at the back up PF spot.

Also, it looks like the rotation is pretty much set for the next 2 years, with only a glaring hole at the back-up PF spot-- where Blatche could thrive in, if not-- Spurs could use the amnesty down the line and have 2 1st round picks to show for it.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seeing who the spurs have signed this trade makes some sense

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7yj9k45

kind of sad that this is probably a pipe dream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs getting 2 first round picks from the Wizards for essentially nothing since Neal/Blair/Joseph are all expendable, is a great move to improve the stability of the franchise from a contending standpoint in the long-run.

Blatche, on the other hand, is talented enough to be productive in the 15 minutes that will be available at the back up PF spot.

Also, it looks like the rotation is pretty much set for the next 2 years, with only a glaring hole at the back-up PF spot-- where Blatche could thrive in, if not-- Spurs could use the amnesty down the line and have 2 1st round picks to show for it.
    Can only amnesty players that were on the team when the 2011 CBA was signed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can only amnesty players that were on the team when the 2011 CBA was signed.
    I'm sure you are right, but to clarify. Question: So essentially no team will be eligible to use the amnesty from 2017-2020, correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure you are right, but to clarify. Question: So essentially no team will be eligible to use the amnesty from 2017-2020, correct?
    Yes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even without the option to amnesty Blatche down the line in the proposed deal, I'd still sign off on it for the potential 2 first round picks.

The draft is the only way the Spurs can net a potential superstar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think it's reasonable. I don't know much about this Morris brother though. Sure Houston would take another PF back, but he's off the books after this year plus Neal is a solid pick up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree the rocket are prime trading partners, having, last I counted 11 bigs on the books, and oustanding offer to Asik. While we have a surplus at the guard spots.

But if you are going to propose something like this, I would suggest targeting Jon Leuer or Patrick Patterson, either of whom can play... Marcus Morris is not a NBA player in the immediate future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree the rocket are prime trading partners, having, last I counted 11 bigs on the books, and oustanding offer to Asik. While we have a surplus at the guard spots.

But if you are going to propose something like this, I would suggest targeting Jon Leuer or Patrick Patterson, either of whom can play... Marcus Morris is not a NBA player in the immediate future.
    do you think that blair & neal would be enough for patterson? Houston is still trying to get dwight & patterson would probably be part of that trade. i see trading 2 unwanted & not needed players for Morris as a way to make up for not having a 1st round pick this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you think that blair & neal would be enough for patterson? Houston is still trying to get dwight & patterson would probably be part of that trade. i see trading 2 unwanted & not needed players for Morris as a way to make up for not having a 1st round pick this year.
    Houston, and everyone not named the Brooklyn Nets, are out of the Dwight Sweepstakes. Hence the reason Orlando is essentially going to trade Howard for Brook Lopez (probably on a max contract) and 3 late first round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston, and everyone not named the Brooklyn Nets, are out of the Dwight Sweepstakes. Hence the reason Orlando is essentially going to trade Howard for Brook Lopez (probably on a max contract) and 3 late first round picks.
    wow that trade sucks for orlando. would rather have Toronto's & Houston's lottery picks along with some good young players.

Thread Information