Page 56 of 143 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you think that blair & neal would be enough for patterson? Houston is still trying to get dwight & patterson would probably be part of that trade. i see trading 2 unwanted & not needed players for Morris as a way to make up for not having a 1st round pick this year.
    Given how many bigs they have ac ulated, I have no idea how much they value Patterson. I'm pretty sure Leuer is available - he was filler to make the Dalembert deal work. I wouldn't trade for Morris because he's been quite crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow that trade sucks for orlando. would rather have Toronto's & Houston's lottery picks along with some good young players.
    That's pretty much the consensus from NBA pundits. Orlando waited to long and allowed Dwight to poison his trade/rental value. Now they are getting pennies on the dollar for what hes worth.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given how many bigs they have ac ulated, I have no idea how much they value Patterson. I'm pretty sure Leuer is available - he was filler to make the Dalembert deal work. I wouldn't trade for Morris because he's been quite crap.
    he has only played 1 season that happened to be a lockout season. he needs to practice on a regular basis instead of when ever they can fit one in, he needs the summer league, & he needs a full training camp. hes a good young prospect with the potential to be a starter in a few years. with scola & patterson already their it was going to be hard for him to get real play time.

I would take him in a heartbeat for blair & neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love both of those trades but sadly both are nothing more than pipe dreams. both players could easily attract much better deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Lakers, strangely enough utilizing Houston, are back in the Howard Hunt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Lakers, strangely enough utilizing Houston, are back in the Howard Hunt.
    spurs should sneak in & try to at least unload bonner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow I just looked up that Leuer kid. I think I'd target him as between Morris and him. Looks solid and has range. Patterson, you have to think, is a part the Houston wants to keep for their rebuilding processes longer term. He too is a stud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7os9qfk

Spurs would absolutely have to sign a back up center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's wait and see if the Bulls match Asik by July 14th. If so, Splittler to the Rockets doesn't seem so improbable. We can then bring in that other Brazilain or Haddadi to replace Splitter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7os9qfk

Spurs would absolutely have to sign a back up center.
    NO! Give up the best player in the deal for spare parts, for which we have not enough roster space? What are you smoking?

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just thought of a decent idea, struggling to see which team would say no to this...

San Antonio
    Gives: DeJuan Blair, Gary Neal
    Receive: Taj Gibson

Chicago
    Gives: Taj Gibson, Carlos Boozer
    Receives: Gary Neal, Channing Frye

Phoenix
    Gives: Channing Frye
    Receives: Carlos Boozer, DeJuan Blair

It all works out as Phoenix has the cap space to take on Boozer. San Antonio obviously say yes to this, Phoenix would under the assumption they're happy acquiring any player with a name so they can sell tickets (Which is what I hear of Sarvar). Chicago rid themselves of that Boozer deal giving themselves considerable cap space next summer and get a cheap replacement for Kyle Korvers shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just thought of a decent idea, struggling to see which team would say no to this...

San Antonio

Chicago

Phoenix

It all works out as Phoenix has the cap space to take on Boozer. San Antonio obviously say yes to this, Phoenix would under the assumption they're happy acquiring any player with a name so they can sell tickets (Which is what I hear of Sarvar). Chicago rid themselves of that Boozer deal giving themselves considerable cap space next summer and get a cheap replacement for Kyle Korvers shooting.
    Phoenix says no.

The upgrade from Frye to Boozer isn't worth 9M, Sarver is cheap, and Boozer won't sell tickets. They're fine at PF with Scola, Morris, Beasley and Frye. They wouldn't have the cap space to do the trade without renouncing Lopez, which is something they would not want to do. Finally, they need a SG and they're looking to use a good chunk of their remaining cap space to get one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix says no.

The upgrade from Frye to Boozer isn't worth 9M, Sarver is cheap, and Boozer won't sell tickets. They're fine at PF with Scola, Morris, Beasley and Frye. They wouldn't have the cap space to do the trade without renouncing Lopez, which is something they would not want to do. Finally, they need a SG and they're looking to use a good chunk of their remaining cap space to get one.
    Chicago says Most definitely No. They lose Boozer AND Gibson? When the Asik poison pill contract is weighing upon them and Noah is still injured? They would be crazy to blow up their front court after a successful season like last year's and previous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

San Antonio

Chicago

Phoenix

Pretty sure even the Spurs say no just to save face because every other GM in the league would pick-up the phone, laugh for 5 minutes, and then hang up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago says Most definitely No.
    I didn't say Chicago would say yes. To me, there's nothing in it for Phoenix. With Chicago, you could at least imagine a scenario where they become so desperate to rid themselves of Boozer's contract, that they attach Gibson rather than using the amnesty on Boozer. Of course, that would assume matching on Asik.

I couldn't create any scenario where Phoenix does that trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say Chicago would say yes. To me, there's nothing in it for Phoenix. With Chicago, you could at least imagine a scenario where they become so desperate to rid themselves of Boozer's contract, that they attach Gibson rather than using the amnesty on Boozer. Of course, that would assume matching on Asik.

Do you think the Pistons would be willing to move Prince? He has a long term contract & they need the playing time for their young forwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think the Pistons would be willing to move Prince? He has a long term contract & they need the playing time for their young forwards.
    I'm sure they would, but the Spurs have his position very well covered. No need to trade for a player who will turn 33 next season and has 3 overpaid years left on his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was actually addressed to the poster who came up with this idea. But since you were quoted, there must have been a misunderstanding.

I felt that neither Phoenix nor Chicago had anything fruitful to gain out of this transaction. And IMO, Chicago moreso.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was actually addressed to the poster who came up with this idea. But since you were quoted, there must have been a misunderstanding.

I felt that neither Phoenix nor Chicago had anything fruitful to gain out of this transaction. And IMO, Chicago moreso.
    Ok. Looks like we agree on everything except which team, the Suns or the Bulls, hangs up the phone first.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. Looks like we agree on everything except which team, the Suns or the Bulls, hangs up the phone first.
    I think Chicago's only obstacle in taking this deal would be convincing Thibs to trade one of his favourite guys in Gibson. No doubt they would ditch Boozer in exchange for some cap space next summer. Also, do they keep Gibson and sign him to a decent contract meaning they have him and Asik on the bench earning starters coin? Al Jefferson is unrestricted next season. It basically comes down to if Phoenix would take on Boozer, which after the Scola acquisition is unlikely. Bulls aren't hanging up quickly if they are listening to a trade that has Boozer exiting. They listen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure even the Spurs say no just to save face because every other GM in the league would pick-up the phone, laugh for 5 minutes, and then hang up.
    This reads as if you think it's not good for the Spurs? Don't know how you could arrive at that conclusion...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Chicago's only obstacle in taking this deal would be convincing Thibs to trade one of his favourite guys in Gibson. No doubt they would ditch Boozer in exchange for some cap space next summer. Also, do they keep Gibson and sign him to a decent contract meaning they have him and Asik on the bench earning starters coin? Al Jefferson is unrestricted next season. It basically comes down to if Phoenix would take on Boozer which after the Scola acquisition is unlikely.
    I said that I could imagine Chicago trading Boozer and Gibson if they match Asik. I just don't think it's very likely. They have a year before they have to have pay Gibson, so they have plenty of time to try to find a Boozer trade that doesn't include Gibson. They also have the option to use the amnesty on Boozer next July.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This reads as if you think it's not good for the Spurs? Don't know how you could arrive at that conclusion...
    You can interpret it however you want but it reads that the Spurs wouldn't propose that trade because of how ridiculous it is. If that trade came up the Spurs would do it in a heartbeat, but there is no chance it does.

Somehow the Spurs get the best player in the deal by giving up nothing, meanwhile PHX willingly takes Boozer's contract off Chicago's hands for a undersized center they will have to re-sign after this season? This in addition to them shipping out Frye, who maybe is a little overpaid, but has more of an upside and doesn't have an injury history a mile long like the guy replacing him.

I can understand Chicago offering Gibson to get rid of Boozer. I can also understand the Spurs taking Gibson if he was offered to them. What I don't get is what is in it for PHX, especially if the Spurs are getting Gibson who is the trade bait in all this?

There is no way the frugal Suns trade a 3-year $19 million dollar contract for a 3-year $46 million dollar contract just to get Blair. And if they only wanted Boozer, then they could have traded Childress+filler instead of amnestying him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure they would, but the Spurs have his position very well covered. No need to trade for a player who will turn 33 next season and has 3 overpaid years left on his contract.
    you don't think Prince could play PF? I know hes skinny but his size & length could make up for that.

Thread Information