Page 57 of 143 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't think Prince could play PF? I know hes skinny but his size & length could make up for that.
    No. He's a below average rebounder for a SF. If the Spurs were going to make a wing into a full time PF, then Leonard is much better equipped for the job. And it would still be a very bad idea.

As it is, Leonard and Jackson are good choices for occasional use as a smallball PF, so no need for Prince.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would like us to do this trade:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cz8cdgz

we get great complimentary big to play longside Duncan, we replace Manu with Rip who is inferior player overall but better fit for Tony Parker right now with Tony becoming more and more pure and dominate PG, also get young talent and some finance relief!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we get great complimentary big to play longside Duncan, we replace Manu with Rip who is inferior player overall but better fit for Tony Parker right now with Tony becoming more and more pure and dominate PG, also get young talent and some finance relief!
    No, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why not? i think it improve our team!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why not? i think it improve our team!
    Spurs aren't trading Manu, Bulls aren't trading Gibson, and Brewer isn't even a Bull any longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, sure, the Spurs would trade their best player in the 2010-11 season....

Plus at this point Manu and Rip are both injury-prone, but I'd take Manu's ability to hit the 3 rather than Rip's elite midrange game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is still much better than Rip and it's not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is so much better than Rip it's not even funny. Plus, I don't see how Rip would play better with Tony then Manu does. Those guys are on the same wavelength all the time and make some ridiculous plays just because of their chemistry.

Plus I think you're overvaluing Taj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8rfos9q
    Pretty please. Ed Davis is a very underrated young talent.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8rfos9q
    Pretty please. Ed Davis is a very underrated young talent.
    Hes one of their best players. only team you can expect a trade from would be Houston who has 13 forwards.
    Last edited by MR.SILVER&BLack; 08-09-2012 at 10:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes one of their best players. only team you can expect a trade from would be Houston who has 13 forwards.
    I figure since they signed Valanciunas and needs an SG, they would go for it.

How about this for Houston?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9gtor4s

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figure since they signed Valanciunas and needs an SG, they would go for it.

How about this for Houston?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9gtor4s
    those 2 players cant be traded. thats what the little red caution signs stand for.

If any trade i would offer Blair, Neal, Byars, & a 1st round pick(maybe a 2nd round pick as well) for Terrence Jones & Marcus Morris.

Morris is a project player that needs a few years to develop & Jones is better than any player the Spurs could draft so a 1st would be worth losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those 2 players cant be traded. thats what the little red caution signs stand for.

If any trade i would offer Blair, Neal, Byars, & a 1st round pick(maybe a 2nd round pick as well) for Terrence Jones & Marcus Morris.

Morris is a project player that needs a few years to develop & Jones is better than any player the Spurs could draft so a 1st would be worth losing.
    I just hope that we make a move to counter the Howard to Lakers trade.

NBAChamp..to be Continued SpurNation's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seen this posted on another site.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8wuhbb4

Meh. Swing for the fences now that LA got their man.

Edit: This was predicated on if the Spurs were to sign Blatche.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just went on nba trade machine and this is a trade that works.

Spurs get : Patterson - Ayon

Rockets get : Byars - Neal

Magic get : Blair - Joseph

Spurs could add second choices or other draft rights or considerations

This trade could see too much in spurs favor, but there are reasons for all the teams involved to be intrigued by it.

For Rockets
    Patterson plays a position where Rockets are plenty of players...looks like he's not gonna receiving a lot of playing time. The Rockets already showed interest in Neal, so essentially for them would be a one for one deal. Neal is in is prime (27 years old) and a player in a role they need, expecially considering they're gonna sell Martin at any nba team even remotely interested.
    Neal, essentially, gives them the same of Martin (maybe a little less defense, but more rebounding and clutch shooting) and is already experienced (also play off experienced) enough to be considered a "young" veteran. Plus, has a wonderful contract. Plus, the Rockets can spare some money cutting Byars just after the trade.

For Magic

Also in this case is practically a one for one player.
    Blair is younger than Ayon, and potentially a rebounding stud, with lots of points in his hands, at least in regular season, if given minutes : and Orlando is in full re-building mode (not exactly the right place for a veteran player like Ayon).
    He can play the same role of G. Davis, as a sub or giving to Orlando the chance to put Davis on the Market for someone younger.
    Plus ther's the CJ factor, meaning a play maker that Voughn should know well.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason for Orlando to give up Ayon like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Magic

Also in this case is practically a one for one player.
    Blair is younger than Ayon, and potentially a rebounding stud, with lots of points in his hands, at least in regular season, if given minutes : and Orlando is in full re-building mode (not exactly the right place for a veteran player like Ayon).
    He can play the same role of G. Davis, as a sub or giving to Orlando the chance to put Davis on the Market for someone younger.
    Plus ther's the CJ factor, meaning a play maker that Voughn should know well.
    Two things:

1. While Blair does have potential to produce, his lack of ACLs also increases his potential for a shorter career and injuries. And Ayon is 27, not exactly a dinosaur.

2. Blair doesn't have the mid-range shot Davis does, and though it would make sense for the Magic to try to tank the season with the shortest frontcourt in NBA history, not sure they go that obvious of a route. Additionally, G. Davis is the player the Magic FO is marketing to ticket holders, so not sure they try to move him. Also not sure what team gives up younger players with potential for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the same players (Patterson and Ayon), there could be other ways for a win win trade that works on nba trade machine.

Ayon : We could send to Orlando both Neal (they already expressed interst about him)and Blair. This package should be enticing enough for a rebuildin team like Orlando (two younger players both well known by their coach).

Patterson : we could send Bonner + Byars's contract (plus, maybe, a 2nd choice) for him and some of the contracts that Houston should necessary cut before the starting of the season, having players in excess ...like Forbes and S. Williams.
    Why this could be intriguing for Houston ?

First : Houston is maybe one of the last nba teams without a legitimate stretching four and so one of the teams that could really still see Bonner as a commodity, at least for the regular season.
    That's particularly inytersting considering how well Lin has worked with a similar player, like Novak. Seeing what kind of contract Novak has received, we could say Bonner could be a bargain for them.

Second : they spare some money cutting Byars contract.

Third : we give them the chance to make in advantage the choice about the players to cut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you guys really underrate our players and overrate the ones in the "neighborhood".

Neal is a solid rotational player. 10/2/2 with a 54%TS/42% from 3p in 21 minutes. That's solid numbers for a rotational player that makes the minimum. And Neal is not playing in a crap team with freedom to do whatever he wants to pad his numbers ( o Gee).

He is not good defensively and obviously has some flaws, but that's the case of most bench players.

There's no reason for San Antonio to give up both Blair and Neal for a player like Ayon. 6ppg/5rpg in 20 minutes. He is pretty much a 27 y/o Center with below average size and little upside.

Even Patterson, who pretty much everyone is willing to give up a lot has big flaws and is coming from a major sop re slump. If you guys complain about Splitter's post game, you guys would cry watching Patterson trying to play in the post. 8ppg/4rpg with a 45%TS and 11PER.

He is still young, but he was a big disappointment last season. Considering that Houston has Motiejunas, White, Jones, Patterson, Morris, Johnson, Simpson and Brockman, I don't see why SA has to give up the world for him. If Morey wants too much, screw him and simply move on. It's not like Patterson is a can't miss prospect. If he was, Morey wouldn't have a thousand PFs in his roster right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why SA has to give up the world for him.
    No one is saying give up the world for Patterson, just Neal and/or Blair. Both of which have no future with the team after next season. Now I could understand being a little hesitant about including a 1st rounder with it, but also keep in mind the last two 1st rounders the Spurs drafted were Corey Joseph and James Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure if he was there to scout teams or to scout specific player(s).

And seeing how Bonner and Blair have been bad lately, Spurs better looks seriously at some trade targets. Bucks with a player like Ekpe Udoh could be a nice trade partner for Spurs.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Layden might just have visited old friends, considering his relation with the Jazz.
    (on the other hand, wouldn't he go to Utha, if that's the motivation?)
    anway, he was likely just doing homework scouting on some compe ors.
    but........if the Spurs are looking for other teams big men, it's either the Jazz and the Blazers are intriguing.
    Kanter looks very good in the pre season (has lost weight and is much quicker) and his role and minutes on the team should increase significantly. and he might be better playing PF. so the Jazz get even more reason to listen to offers for either Millsap or Jefferson. don't know if Spurs would have a chance to get them, if they don't include Splitter they likely won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just Kanter either - Favors is showing a lot of promise. Given, it's only pre-season, but between what Kanter/Favors showed near the end of last year and so far this pre-season, UTA might very well be open to the idea of a trade. Only issue is they have some depth where we have something to offer (guard: Mo Williams, Randy Foye, Watson...). But, as Bruno mentioned earlier another barrier to a trade is that they are trying to win while rebuilding too so they might not want to move good pieces because having that many talented bigs is rare.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should try targeting Darrel Arthur who im sure spurs fans remember
    memphis is doing well without him and we have some great shooters who could really help out their spacing
    arthur for neal+bonner
    they get a quality 5th big + a big time shooter to backup tony allen

id only be worried about it making memphis to good
    neals way better then any shooter they have now and theyre still winning without any spacing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Arthur got hurt again. That's a major concern. He had a very serious injury and then got injured again after a very short period of time.

I don't think SA would gamble on a guy that needs time to recover and I don't think SA needs another injury-prone guy. They have enough with Manu and Splitter.

I do agree he would help, but he needs to be healthy to do it.

Thread Information