Page 60 of 143 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3559
    January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone familiar with Larry Sanders? On paper it looks like he could help the bigman rotation enormously on the defensive end - he's top 5 in the league in blocks and a good rebounder. Would he help in reality, though? I haven't seen him play, so that's why I ask.

A Blair+Neal swap works financially. But is Sanders too good of a prospect for the Bucks to even consider it? Blair and Neal are expiring (very little cap relief, though), plus Neal gives them more offensive firepower, which they need ATM. Other than that, I can't see why the Bucks would go for this trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone familiar with Larry Sanders? On paper it looks like he could help the bigman rotation enormously on the defensive end - he's top 5 in the league in blocks and a good rebounder. Would he help in reality, though? I haven't seen him play, so that's why I ask.

A Blair+Neal swap works financially. But is Sanders too good of a prospect for the Bucks to even consider it? Blair and Neal are expiring (very little cap relief, though), plus Neal gives them more offensive firepower, which they need ATM. Other than that, I can't see why the Bucks would go for this trade.
    Young big on the third year of a rookie contract putting up big numbers. No reason for the Bucks to trade him for a package like Blair+Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bucks have no reason to trade a guy in his rookie contract putting very good numbers. Not for a package including Neal + Blair. Udoh would be a more realistic target if SA has any interest.

I don't think TD's package get it done to get Millsap. It's a a really "meh" package. The Jazz could do better than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Diaw would be sort of difficult. His tradeability is doubly linked to his performance. He has to play well enough to be of value to his new team, but not so well that he is out-playing his contract. If he's playing well enough to try for a new contract, it would make sense to veto any trade that causes him to relinquish his early-Bird rights. Not counting teams with cap space, the largest contract a new team could offer him would be 4/22.9, which would be his non-Bird contract. If he were to opt out next offseason after staying with the Spurs, he could make up to 4/33.4. That's a big enough difference to make a veto likely in that cir stance. Of, course, Diaw is more likely to grow wings than play like an 8.5/year player again. He's much more likely to go back to Charlotte form. That Diaw is pretty worthless, since he would be extremely unlikely to opt-out then, so he wouldn't even be an expiring contract.

TL;DR: Unless Diaw is playing right at about an average level, it doesn't make sense for a team to trade for him, unless they're getting sweeteners/getting rid of a player or contract they don't want/want to use about a good deal of cap space on him if he plays really well for the rest of the season. Sucky Diaw or Triple-Double Diaw probably stay in San Antonio for at least the rest of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Mills, it makes less sense to stay, as the most the Spurs can offer (not counting cap space) is a mid-level contract, which almost every other team in the league can also offer. He gains flexibility by staying and opting out in July (only San Antonio and teams with cap space could sign him for that much without using their MLE), but he doesn't gain much money. It's almost certain he's opting out if he gets any type of consistent playing time this year unless he's just in love with San Antonio and wants to stay no matter what.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bucks have no reason to trade a guy in his rookie contract putting very good numbers. Not for a package including Neal + Blair. Udoh would be a more realistic target if SA has any interest.

I don't think TD's package get it done to get Millsap. It's a a really "meh" package. The Jazz could do better than that.
    I brought this exact trade up in the summer. Suffice it to say, if the Spurs offered that now, the Bucks wouldn't even consider it.

As I've said in the past, I don't see a deal to be made for Udoh. He'd be a questionable fit anyway. He's not good enough to start, doesn't shoot it well enough or with enough range to work next to Splitter and is such a poor defensive rebounder that he wouldn't work as the backup center, either.

If a Millsap trade doesn't come to fruition, I'm not sure the Spurs will even make a trade. But one situation to keep an eye on is Camby's. He's out of the rotation now and this is with Stoudemire out. Throw in the Knicks bloated payroll for the next two seasons (Bonner's non guaranteed contract for next season would likely hold appeal) and I'd imagine he'd be available.

Rumors were rampant that the Spurs were supposedly interested in the summer. The question is, was it to pave the way for Splitter to start or to be traded? It's difficult to imagine them keeping Splitter in this scenario, given that Camby couldn't play with Duncan or Splitter, which would mean Splitter would have to play almost exclusively with Duncan and Duncan and Diaw would play very little together. It's difficult to imagine the Spurs resorting to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I don't even think SA has any interest in Udoh (he is already old for a prospect and I agree with your description of him and I would only add as a plus his shot-blocking skills). I simply mentioned him now because I don't think Sanders is available after what he has showed this season. I would take the gamble for cheap, but the FO probably wouldn't.

Camby is definitely an interesting target and he is indeed barely playing in NY, but the Knicks gave him a contract considering his age (4.5m/4.3m/1m buyout). It's essencialy a 10m contract for an injury-prone 38 y/o Center . I don't doubt that the FO was interested, plus his defense and shot-blocking skills would be welcome, but I am damn sure that was not the price they were willing to pay.

Again, for BonBon straight up, I say yeah. But I am not the FO and they obviously factor money here. As for Splitter, even as a Brazilian, I am not against trading him if the offer is good. Trading him without bringing a good backup Center would be huge mistake though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kenyon MArtin is still out there, don't get it, did Del Negro send an email to all the FOs saying he was a headcase or something or does he really want too much money/playing time. Playing him next to Tim would be great, sure, it'd be an old frontline but pretty awesome defensively.

Anyway is there any chance the Bucks even think about trading Illyasova if he keeps playing badly? I'd send Tiago+Green to get him tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to get Randolph here.
    Good rebounder, amazing shot-blocking ability and very mobile. Of course his offense is bad, but he would be a perfect fit with both Duncan, Diaw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I don't even think SA has any interest in Udoh (he is already old for a prospect and I agree with your description of him and I would only add as a plus his shot-blocking skills). I simply mentioned him now because I don't think Sanders is available after what he has showed this season. I would take the gamble for cheap, but the FO probably wouldn't.

Camby is definitely an interesting target and he is indeed barely playing in NY, but the Knicks gave him a contract considering his age (4.5m/4.3m/1m buyout). It's essencialy a 10m contract for an injury-prone 38 y/o Center . I don't doubt that the FO was interested, plus his defense and shot-blocking skills would be welcome, but I am damn sure that was not the price they were willing to pay.

Again, for BonBon straight up, I say yeah. But I am not the FO and they obviously factor money here. As for Splitter, even as a Brazilian, I am not against trading him if the offer is good. Trading him without bringing a good backup Center would be huge mistake though.
    Same.

It is a contract, but at the same time, it's really only for two years and with the flexibility they figure to have after this season, $4.3M on him is pretty much irrelevant, especially with Bonner off the books. To me, it's less about his contract and more about the fit and what other piece they'd have to give up (as bad as his contract looks, it's moveable, so it would take something of decent value).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mbah a Moute, anyone? I know the Bucks liked him enough to match Denver's offer, so they may not seem likely to let him go. But they have four PFs (five if you count Ilyasova) who are on long-term, non-rookie-salary (except Udoh) deals. They can't want them all that badly, especially because it seems they don't consider any of them legitimate centers (they have three of those).

Is Mbah a Moute worth dealing some of the Spurs' players for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mbah a Moute might be an interesting trade target. Bucks are loaded at the PF spot but are very thin at the SF spot, so I guess his availability will depend on his ability to be a full time SF. If he can't do that well, Bucks will surely look at getting ride of his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't seem like he's going to be very successful at the SF spot. He doesn't shoot well enough be effective offensively. That said, I heard he is a stud defensively. I don't know about for sure after looking at his stats, but if he lives up to his reputation, he'd be really valuable.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Spurs can help Milwaukee with their wing problem. The Spurs aren't trading Kawhi; the Bucks want no part of Jackson; and Anderson is only tradeable at the deadline. Unlike with the Wolves, Gary Neal has little value to a team with Monta Ellis on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Larry Sanders more than Mbah a Moute. He has a presence in the post, he can block shots and he looks pretty good offensively. I don't know who the Bucks would want though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Aminu? Expiring contract, a defensive monkeyballer who may be fast enough to keep up with Durant and maybe strong enough to defend Griffin. I haven't seen him play since opening day tbh so he may be scrubing right now tho.

I'd go for Green for Aminu. We have too many guards, salaries match, I'm not a big fan of Green and they could use a SG with the Gordon/Rivers situation. They may prefer a package centered around Neal, would do it too even tho I love Gary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/T...ut_trade120712

According to a team source, Pelinka has voiced his displeasure with Williams' lack of playing time. He hasn't gone as far as to request a trade, but he has inquired about the possibility that one will come.

The Wolves' stance from the source: "We told him to wait for our team to come together. Wait for Derrick to play with Ricky (Rubio). When they played together last year, Williams benefited greatly."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pels do not need a shooting guard. Rivers is a high draft pick, and Gordon is their highest-paid player. There's no room for him there once those guys come back. Until then, New Orleans is not good enough to make short-term deals. Green is out.

Aminu is a small forward. The Spurs do not need more wing players. He'd be nice if they trade Jackson, but not now. I really like his help-defensive potential, though.

Spurs fans should get off this idea that Green needs to go. He does exactly what he's supposed to do, and once he hits his stride, he'll be as good as he was last year. That's way better than any of these players people want to move him for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've thought for a while that the Spurs biggest opportunity in the trade market will come from a facilitator role in a blockbuster trade. San Antonio has everything they need for that (expiring contracts, young players/players with potential, draft picks). Just like Denver had what they needed to get Andre Iguadola in the Howard trade. Will they get a superstar? No. But they can get a Patterson, Mbah a Moute or Derrick Williams as part of a multi-team deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pels do not need a shooting guard. Rivers is a high draft pick, and Gordon is their highest-paid player. There's no room for him there once those guys come back. Until then, New Orleans is not good enough to make short-term deals. Green is out.

Aminu is a small forward. The Spurs do not need more wing players. He'd be nice if they trade Jackson, but not now. I really like his help-defensive potential, though.

Spurs fans should get off this idea that Green needs to go. He does exactly what he's supposed to do, and once he hits his stride, he'll be as good as he was last year. That's way better than any of these players people want to move him for.
    Animu is big enough to play PF, rebounds like a PF, he would be big upgrade from Blair imo. We need someone quick enough to stay with a Durant/Lebron anyway.

Won't even get into it about Green because I don't think it matters but I wholeheartedly believe he's our less talented SG, he can't put the ball on the floor like Neal and Anderson, he's a streaky 3 point shooter with questionnable D, we have to trade small for big anyway, can be someone else I have no problem with that, if I'm the Pelicans you can be sure I'd rather ask for Gary. And Gordon hasn't played in forever, he's always injured and Rivers is shooting below 30%...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Animu is big enough to play PF, rebounds like a PF, he would be big upgrade from Blair imo. We need someone quick enough to stay with a Durant/Lebron anyway.

Won't even get into it about Green because I don't think it matters but I wholeheartedly believe he's our less talented SG, he can't put the ball on the floor like Neal and Anderson, he's a streaky 3 point shooter with questionnable D, we have to trade small for big anyway, can be someone else I have no problem with that, if I'm the Pelicans you can be sure I'd rather ask for Gary. And Gordon hasn't played in forever, he's always injured and Rivers is shooting below 30%...
    We agree a lot more than we disagree. If Anderson continues to show he's for real, there's no question you keep him instead of Green. I'm really happy with what he's doing, and I hope he revives his career in a Spurs uniform. I believe in Green, and I think he's a lot better than you think he is. More importantly, I think other teams think he's valuable, and that may be what's needed to get back a good player if they decide to trade him.

I hope the Pelicans trade Gordon (for their sakes) and send Rivers to the d-league so that he can work on his game and get a dose of humility. In order to be a complete team, they will need another shooting guard. But there's no reason to trade for Green (or Neal or any shooting guard) until they are ready to become a divisional threat. There's still a possibility that their 2s contribute the way they have the potential to. Green's not the type of player you want on a rebuilding team,

The Spurs need an honest-to-God power forward. They have good small-ball options right now in Kawhi and Jack. Aminu would be locked behind them at the 3 spot and behind them, Diaw and Bonner/Blair for the 4. If spots open up, he's an intriguing option as a side-get in a larger web of trades. Right now (meaning when Kawhi and Jack come back) he'd be a luxury at a time when the Spurs may still have basic needs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it comes to shedding Blair or even Neal, a reasonable partner is the 76ers.

Here's from today:

Let’s make a deal?

Collins said he’s willing to discuss trading for a bench scorer to boost the team’s struggling second unit.

“Would I?” Collins said. “Yeah. I would. Can I? I don’t know.”

Collins said he and Sixers management talk regularly about personnel. Of course, if Andrew Bynum doesn’t play at all this season, a bigger priority before the Feb. 21 trade deadline might be trying to acquire a big man.
    The way I see it:

If the Spurs want to dump Blair to junk out of his contract, or Neal to open up the backcourt, they can send either for Royal Ivey's expiring plus 2 second rounders this coming draft. Philly has their own 2nd and New Orleans' second, that should decent as far as second rounders go. Philly doesn't have any first rounders to give up unfortunately, owing 2 future firsts already to Miami and Orlando.

If the Spurs want to go an extra mile, they can package the two and I think add James Anderson (after they're allowed to trade him) to get Kwame + the two 2nds. Kwame isn't playing well as far as I can tell, but there it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it comes to shedding Blair or even Neal, a reasonable partner is the 76ers.

If the Spurs want to go an extra mile, they can package the two and I think add James Anderson (after they're allowed to trade him) to get Kwame + the two 2nds. Kwame isn't playing well as far as I can tell, but there it is.
    Indeed, I think Philly is a good partner, either in a direct trade, or as a way for the Spurs to shed salary/roster spots as part of a bigger trade. San Antonio can send one of them to Philly for a TE and a second, which would probably be better than taking Ivey back (he's supposedly a good defender, but he's a point guard).

If Kwame is healthy, he's good enough to be a backup center. That would give Pop more flexibility to use a Duncan/Splitter set up. The only issue with including Anderson is that he's only available to be traded on the deadline day. Not only does that mean the Spurs have to wait two-and-a-half months, but it also means they can't call in the trade until the last minute, and if there's some unexpected holdup, that could really mess them up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We agree a lot more than we disagree. If Anderson continues to show he's for real, there's no question you keep him instead of Green. I'm really happy with what he's doing, and I hope he revives his career in a Spurs uniform. I believe in Green, and I think he's a lot better than you think he is. More importantly, I think other teams think he's valuable, and that may be what's needed to get back a good player if they decide to trade him.

I hope the Pelicans trade Gordon (for their sakes) and send Rivers to the d-league so that he can work on his game and get a dose of humility. In order to be a complete team, they will need another shooting guard. But there's no reason to trade for Green (or Neal or any shooting guard) until they are ready to become a divisional threat. There's still a possibility that their 2s contribute the way they have the potential to. Green's not the type of player you want on a rebuilding team,

The Spurs need an honest-to-God power forward. They have good small-ball options right now in Kawhi and Jack. Aminu would be locked behind them at the 3 spot and behind them, Diaw and Bonner/Blair for the 4. If spots open up, he's an intriguing option as a side-get in a larger web of trades. Right now (meaning when Kawhi and Jack come back) he'd be a luxury at a time when the Spurs may still have basic needs.
    Yeah you're probably right, it's a real head scratcher tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the 76ers have a 1.7 exception from Moe Harkless if ESPN is to be believed, so you're right, no need to take back Ivey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More on Derrick Williams Trade Possibility:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...de_Possibility

Derrick Williams' agent, Rob Pelinka, has not formally requested a trade for his client, but he has asked the Minnesota Timberwovles about the possibility of parting ways due to lack of playing time, according to a team source.

The Timberwolves, however, let Pelinka know that they will first wait to see how Williams and Ricky Rubio mesh on the court once Rubio returns from a torn ACL.
    "We told him to wait for our team to come together," the source said. "Wait for Derrick to play with Ricky (Rubio). When they played together last year, Williams benefited greatly."

Williams, the No. 2 pick in 2011 NBA Draft, is averaging nine points in just 19.9 minutes per game this season, when he has sat three times because of coach Rick Adelman's decision.

It is most likely that Rubio will return for a home game on Dec. 15 against the Dallas Mavericks.

Thread Information