Page 64 of 143 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3559
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like a scoring pf with some range tbh, Boris is so passive that I feel we need a chuker like Bustnani or Teletovic, the latter being probably much easier to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When posting links to espn trade machine, add at least what the trade is, instead of forcing people to click on links.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we please get a "Hopefully This is a Joke Trade" thread made so that we don't have to be inundated with all these terrible scenarios? Why do people keep thinking teams want to trade their young talented players for whatever crap Spurs have lying around on their bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When posting links to espn trade machine, add at least what the trade is, instead of forcing people to click on links.
    The trade machine is seriously the worst thing ESPN has put out. It causes so many people to suggest crap just because that app says it's possible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiago starting may mean they will need a back up center more than a PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D. Blair, C. Joseph, Draft Pick(s) for L. Sanders???

Maybe even throw in M. Daniels??

Good or Bad Idea??
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=caey6l3
    Last edited by LittleCriminal; 12-18-2012 at 01:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D. Blair, C. Joseph, Draft Pick(s) & Trade Exception for L. Sanders???

Good or Bad Idea??
    I'd do it, but I doubt Bucks would do. He is a very good defensive prosperct and he actually plays.
    What about Randolph? He doesn't play much in Denver, he is very mobile, good shoot blocker/rebounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D. Blair, C. Joseph, Draft Pick(s) & Trade Exception for L. Sanders???

Good or Bad Idea??

No.

1) That trade's impossible. You can't combine trade exceptions with anything.

2) You don't even need to add the TE for the salaries to work

3) There are ways to "trade" their exception to the Bucks. It requires the Spurs to absorb a player like Daniels into their TE, which would give the Bucks a TE. But that wouldn't happen, because the Bucks probably don't want to just get rid of a player, and there's little incentive to get a minimum-level TE, because you can just trade for a minimum contract any time you want to, anyway.

Please, people, don't just suggest any trade that pops into your mind. Check to see that it's actually possible, first off. But more importantly, think if the other team would really want to do it. If it involves only players you want taken out of the rotation in exchange for someone you really want to put into the rotation, it's probably going to be a bad trade idea.

EDIT: 4) The Bucks aren't going to trade Sanders for anyone outside of Leonard or maybe Spiltter. If they really like Neal, he may be able to go with Blair and a 1st, but that isn't likely with Ellis and Jennings both being FAs along with Neal in the summer. Honestly, Dalembert is probably easier for the Spurs to get than Sanders, and that's accounting for the salary difference.
    Last edited by Chinook; 12-17-2012 at 09:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno it may be worthwhile to put a link to the CBA FAQ in the OP. Maybe that would encourage people to look some of this stuff up instead of consistently proposing impossible trades ideas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any player beasting on a small contract has no chance to be moved. We have to look at players who don't perform up to their contract.

I think it basically comes down to a lottery bust for one of our SG or a veteran on bad contract for Sjax's expiring contract. I'd do Green for Vesely in a heartbeat but I'm not even sure th wiz would do it, they have worse contracts and don't really need a SG. But you can't tell me it wouldn't be intriguing to play in our second unit with Boris and De Colo who play euro ball basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now would be a great time to grab a guard like Josh Selby, who's being sent down to Reno. A bigger up tempo youngster still on his rookie deal. Definitely Selby > Joseph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno it may be worthwhile to put a link to the CBA FAQ in the OP. Maybe that would encourage people to look some of this stuff up instead of consistently proposing impossible trades ideas.
    Good idea. Done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good article on the trade market here: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...the-nba-market

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bthe7z3

If Tiago is going to be starting, this trade would give us a serviceable 3rd string center in case one of them runs into foul trouble. The problem here is that were placing a lot of hope in Diaw getting better then he has played so far. I haven't seen a lot of Mozgov so I'm unsure of what his percieved value/ceiling are, but from what Ive see he seems pretty athletic and could be solid defensive presence for us.

The article also talks about the grizzlies possibly needing to trade Arthur to get under the salary cap. I always like him and think he would bring a lot to the table, but who knows what the asking price would be. He isn't eligible to be traded until January 15th, but maybe a package Neal, Blair, and Mills could get the job done. This would significantly weaken our depth, and might actually make the grizzlies better then they are now, but I think Arthur would fit very well into the spurs system. I think our team would still look very good on paper.

Parker/De Colo/ Joseph
    Green/Ginobili/Anderson
    Leonard/Sjax
    Diaw/Arthur/Bonner
    Duncan/Splitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article also talks about the grizzlies possibly needing to trade Arthur to get under the salary cap. I always like him and think he would bring a lot to the table, but who knows what the asking price would be. He isn't eligible to be traded until January 15th, but maybe a package Neal, Blair, and Mills could get the job done. This would significantly weaken our depth, and might actually make the grizzlies better then they are now, but I think Arthur would fit very well into the spurs system. I think our team would still look very good on paper.
    If the Grizzlies are motivated to trade Arthur to get under the tax threshold, then they would have no interest in a trade that bring back similar salary in return. They would need a trade partner with enough cap space or a large enough trade exception to absorb Arthur's contract. The Spurs have neither.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you're right. My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it, but I doubt Bucks would do. He is a very good defensive prosperct and he actually plays.
    What about Randolph? He doesn't play much in Denver, he is very mobile, good shoot blocker/rebounder.
    Good Call!!! I'd take Randolph as well.. at this point I'd hope the Spurs are looking into doing something to obtain a starting/backup 6"10 or taller Center or Power Foward... I think Blair needs to go.
    Cheers Mate!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball
    Sam Amico

Magic are said to be exploring idea of trading JJ Re . Some other names NBA GMs have mentioned as trade chips
    (potentially, anyway) as the wheeling-and-dealing season gets underway with the passing of Dec. 15 -- which is when players who signed contracts over the summer are eligible to traded.

Let's take a look, with contract expiration year in parentheses:

* J.J. Re , SG, Magic (2013)

* Josh Smith, PF, Hawks (2013)

* Devin Harris, PG, Hawks (2013)

* MarShon Brooks, SG, Nets (2014)

* Gerald Henderson, SG/SF, Bobcats (2014)

* Anderson Varejao, PF/C, Cavaliers (2014)

* Anderson Varejao, PF/C, Cavaliers (2014)

* Daniel Gibson, G, Cavaliers (2013)

* Shawn Marion, F, Mavericks (2014)

* Corey Brewer, SG/SF, Nuggets (2013)

* Anthony Randolph, PF, Nuggets (2015)

* Charlie Villanueva, PF, Pistons (2014)

* Al Jefferson, C/PF, Jazz (2013)

* Paul Millsap, F, Jazz (2013)

* Alec Burks, SG, Jazz (2014)

* Derrick Williams, F, Timberwolves (2014)

* Eric Bledsoe, PG, Clippers (2014)

* Ersan Ilyasova, PF, Bucks (2016)

* Patrick Patterson, PF, Rockets (2014)

* Jose Calderon, PG, Raptors (2013)

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/...source=twitter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Aldridge:

The Wizards are in desperate need of a point guard until John Wall comes back and are willing to move one of their bigs for a veteran point, league sources say. But will there be much interest in the likes of Trevor Booker (who hasn't played in three weeks since suffering a knee injury)? With the worst record in the league at the quarter pole, Washington is not at all interested in dealing its 2013, first-round and likely top-three pick.
    Mills for Booker could be useful. Mills doesn't have a place on this team if he can't claim the back-up point duties, and Joseph has improved. He could start and put numbers on that trash team until/if Wall gets back this season.

Booker's undersized, hurt, and nothing special. But he's a body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take two Anderson Varejaos please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take two Anderson Varejaos please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

1) That trade's impossible. You can't combine trade exceptions with anything.

2) You don't even need to add the TE for the salaries to work

3) There are ways to "trade" their exception to the Bucks. It requires the Spurs to absorb a player like Daniels into their TE, which would give the Bucks a TE. But that wouldn't happen, because the Bucks probably don't want to just get rid of a player, and there's little incentive to get a minimum-level TE, because you can just trade for a minimum contract any time you want to, anyway.

Please, people, don't just suggest any trade that pops into your mind. Check to see that it's actually possible, first off. But more importantly, think if the other team would really want to do it. If it involves only players you want taken out of the rotation in exchange for someone you really want to put into the rotation, it's probably going to be a bad trade idea.

EDIT: 4) The Bucks aren't going to trade Sanders for anyone outside of Leonard or maybe Spiltter. If they really like Neal, he may be able to go with Blair and a 1st, but that isn't likely with Ellis and Jennings both being FAs along with Neal in the summer. Honestly, Dalembert is probably easier for the Spurs to get than Sanders, and that's accounting for the salary difference.
    1. No trade is Impossible (Jefferson for Jackson)
    2. I did not have to add the TE but I did, so what? With or without it the trade still works.
    3. I did add M. Daniels. So What? With or WithOut him the trade still works.

Wanna see Your Impossible Trade Idea Again:
    D. Granger, T. Hansbrough for B. Udric+Bench Players

Edit: 4) The Pacers aren't going to Trade away Granger and Hansbrough for B. Udric+Bench Players. Practice what you Preach!! (Reread Quote In Original Post Above)

Btw Granger is out Probably till March... Can you trade an Injured player after or before the trade deadline?? lol
    NBA Trade Deadline 2013 is at 2:00 PM (CT) on Thursday February 21.
    Looks like you need to catch up on some reading!!!

"Bruno it may be worthwhile to put a link to the CBA FAQ in the OP. Maybe that would encourage people to look some of this stuff up instead of consistently proposing impossible trades ideas."--- I'll admit it's a good Idea to do what you asked of Bruno..If a Poster wants to get into the details of the CBA, good for them, but I am not going to read the CBA Link just to post a trade Idea....waste of time/life.

Myself as well as many others ( I Hope) find the NBA purely as a form of entertainment in our lives. All I care about is the Class of the Spurs Organization, 95% of the current roster, watching the games and Winning.

I don't need to understand the entire CBA due to the fact you,myself and many other Spurstalk Posters do not have the Authority to use said Knowledge In the actual NBA. People like you use this Info to about Trade Ideas in an Online Trade Idea Forum.

Understand that you have no clue as to what any NBA organization is going to do just like the rest of us.
    Quit acting like you know what team would do what.... you don't!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs still believe in his upside, Blair for Anthony Randolph would be a nice little trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy I would target is Emeka Okafor. It would be a gamble similar to what Dallas did back in 10 with Tyson Chandler. He has a high bbiq, he is a good rebounder and shot-blocker. Not the best situation for him in Washington and i think a guy like him would flourish in SA's system.

It's pretty clear that the Ariza/Okafor experiment was a major failure for Washington. At this point, Washignton would gladly move them for expirings. Perfect target to move BonBon. SA would have to use Jackson's expiring though.
    I was just thinking about Okafor after considering Booker considering Aldridge's Wizards speculation about them considering moving a big man.

Okafor is not having a good year. Only 21.6 minutes a game, he hasn't even started every game he's played. Shooting 45% from the field. Just really being a garbage player for the Wizards.

But it's hard to tell what the Wizards might do when their GM is such a moron with bulletproof job security. He traded for Okafor and Ariza's terrible deals, when he could have had tons of cap space instead after buying out Lewis and later amnestying Blatche. So maybe Grunfeld thinks Okafor is better than Duncan, it's hard to say with a buffoon like him.

But, thinking it over I don't even think myself it's worth junking Jackson to get Okafor. He's 6-10, he does block some shots, but he's also so . . . unremarkably average at basketball. If he's not good enough at this point in his career to even play 25 minutes a night when there's not a lot of other healthy, good big men, that's pretty shameful. If he was playing for the Grizzlies, I'd understand. But the Wizards?

The other consideration is that his contract runs into next year and might mean no re-signing of Splitter due to Okafor getting 14.5 million. And after getting bought out Jackson would just go to some team like the Lakers and screw the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs still believe in his upside, Blair for Anthony Randolph would be a nice little trade.
    I would prefer someone like Gustavo Ayon who seems more attuned to be a role player than Randolph, who I suppose has been a flop everywhere he has gone, his so called potential notwithstanding.

Thread Information