Page 72 of 143 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this guy <b>Jimmy Butler</b> Friday night against the Heat, and man was I impressed. He played outstanding defense on Lebron; not to mention, his rebounding capablities (offensive and defesnsive). I would trade Blair for this guy in a heartbeat. The Trade Machine said it was a Success. Thoughts? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=belrawx
    What's in it for Chicago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe nothing, but who knows it's worth a call right? They may like Blair enough to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources say the Cavs and Timberwolves have talked about a Varejao trade. Minnesota would probably want the Cavs to take back forward Derrick Williams, which could be a deal-breaker. The Cavs could have interest in center Nikola Pekovic, a bruising 6-11, 290-pounder. Before anyone gets excited, forward Kevin Love is not available.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...jao-trade.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this guy <b>Jimmy Butler</b> Friday night against the Heat, and man was I impressed. He played outstanding defense on Lebron; not to mention, his rebounding capablities (offensive and defesnsive). I would trade Blair for this guy in a heartbeat. The Trade Machine said it was a Success. Thoughts? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=belrawx
    I don't think the Spurs need a SF right now... IMO The Spurs need a Defensive Minded 6'10" or taller, young/vet, C/PF...
    I also don't see why the Bulls would send us Butler who can guard L.James for Lamont who can't Guard anybody.
    But, If the Spurs made any trade for Lamont I'd be happy... Lamont SUCKS!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs need a SF right now... IMO The Spurs need a Defensive Minded 6'10" or taller, young/vet, C/PF...
    I also don't see why the Bulls would send us Butler who can guard L.James for Lamont who can't Guard anybody.
    But, If the Spurs made any trade for Lamont I'd be happy... Lamont SUCKS!!
    I see your point. That dude Samardo Samuels is available. He would provide a spark off the bench. Vicious on the boards as well. lol why do you guys call him Lamont?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources say the Cavs and Timberwolves have talked about a Varejao trade. Minnesota would probably want the Cavs to take back forward Derrick Williams, which could be a deal-breaker. The Cavs could have interest in center Nikola Pekovic, a bruising 6-11, 290-pounder. Before anyone gets excited, forward Kevin Love is not available.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...jao-trade.html
    Then what about http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=annncyn after the trade we sign Samuels and go back to the finals..

Cavs got to non guarenteed deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your point. That dude Samardo Samuels is available. He would provide a spark off the bench. Vicious on the boards as well. lol why do you guys call him Lamont?
    In this Video Below you will See The Dejuan Blair:

The guy in the #45 Spurs Uniform who sits on the Bench and Plays Like Garbage In Garbage Time Is Lamont.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then what about http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=annncyn after the trade we sign Samuels and go back to the finals..

I'd Say that's a dam good trade Idea!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then what about http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=annncyn after the trade we sign Samuels and go back to the finals.. Cavs got to non guarenteed deals.
    With Neal instead of Blair and a first round pick, maybe it could work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick up the phone and do it Buford! Getting Derrick Williams without giving up Tiago Green would be a scenario that would exceed my expectations by a lot tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Neal instead of Blair and a first round pick, maybe it could work.
    My thoughts exactly. The Cavs have no reason to take back Blair, so adding Neal (or Joseph, Mills or De Colo) makes it worthwhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that I'm saying this would be enough of a reason, but Chicago may want to save some money by getting Blair's expiring contract. They're going to be near the apron for a few years unless they amnesty Boozer. If they don't have plans for Butler, then they may want to use that million on someone else. It's also possible to revisit this if the Spurs find a way to get a trade exception for Blair. Taking back no salary may be really appealing.

I think they'd rather save some money by moving someone else, but perhaps a sweetener (the rights to Hanga or Bertans or a couple of second-rounders) can persuade them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Love injury obviously and unfortunately means a Williams trade is far more unlikely, at least for what the Spurs have to offer. Williams might still get dealt as part of a bigger trade though.

A smaller trade, like the Ayon one I suggested, is probably the way they were going to end up going anyway, for two reasons . . .

1. It would probably take a player with the upside and the potential to be a very good fit, of Williams, for them to give up Neal and there's not exactly a lot of them available; even less for what the Spurs would offer. Also, it's clear from Pop's comments about him the past few months that they value him more than a lot of the fans do. Probably because they know, defensive improvement or not, to beat the Thunder, Heat and possibly Clippers, they're going to have to overwhelm them with their depth. Mills may be similar to Neal, but it's not just about backing up Parker. It's about Ginobili (consistency or lack there of), Green (confidence or lack there of) and Jackson (what, if any, is left?), too. Neal is capable of taking on a bigger role in the playoffs, if need be.

2. Now that Splitter and Diaw are in roles commensurate with their production, they really only need a solid fourth big anyway. Sure, it would be nice to have someone above that, but a lot of the names that get thrown around wouldn't play ahead of either of them anyway.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Love injury obviously and unfortunately means a Williams trade is far more unlikely, at least for what the Spurs have to offer. Williams might still get dealt as part of a bigger trade though. A smaller trade, like the Ayon one I suggested, is probably the way they were going to end up going anyway, for two reasons . . . 1. It would probably take a player with the upside and the potential to be a very good fit, of Williams, for them to give up Neal and there's not exactly a lot of them available; even less for what the Spurs would offer. Also, it's clear from Pop's comments about him the past few months that they value him more than a lot of the fans do. Probably because they know, defensive improvement or not, to beat the Thunder, Heat and possibly Clippers, they're going to have to overwhelm them with their depth. Mills may be similar to Neal, but it's not just about backing up Parker. It's about Ginobili (consistency or lack there of), Green (confidence or lack there of) and Jackson (what, if any, is left?), too. Neal is capable of taking on a bigger role in the playoffs, if need be.
    I won't say it's not what's going on in Pop's head because I don't know but that's pretty illogical. First we're not deep we're unbalanced, we'd be deep with another big. Secondly Neal will help us/be needed vs the Clippers and that monster named Bledsoe they have playing backup PG??? I don't think so.
    2. Now that Splitter and Diaw are in roles commensurate with their production, they really only need a solid fourth big anyway. Sure, it would be nice to have someone above that, but a lot of the names that get thrown around wouldn't play ahead of either of them anyway.
    We won't see the Thunder again before the trade deadline but I don't think Tiago and Boris in their current roles are gonna cut it. We gave up like 20 offensive board and couldn't defend their PF... Obviously Ilyasova would the only one Pop might directly insert in the starting lineup but I'm not convinced at all we only need a fourth big...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

C'mon Pop pull the damn trigger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Love injury obviously and unfortunately means a Williams trade is far more unlikely, at least for what the Spurs have to offer. Williams might still get dealt as part of a bigger trade though.
    I was of this mind, but now I'm starting to wonder if a player like Bonner would appeal to Adelman even more now. He likes playing veterans, and Bonner is solid in three-point shooting, which the Wolves really need. Maybe now that there are minutes for another big, Minnesota may not think taking back Bonner's contract is a bad thing. Bonner and Neal may fill two of the biggest holes still remaining on that team (outside of Kirilenko's backup, of course).

I think a straight deal is still unlikely, but if a team like the Cavs really do consider Williams a bad commodity and the Spurs don't, then it is possible that Derrick can get shipped to San Antonio for expirings and a pick and other sweeteners. If Minnesota is truly after Varejao, I imagine they'll be even more inclined to try to close the deal now. They're in too precarious of a position to risk waiting five weeks for Love to come back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't say it's not what's going on in Pop's head because I don't know but that's pretty illogical. First we're not deep we're unbalanced, we'd be deep with another big. Secondly Neal will help us/be needed vs the Clippers and that monster named Bledsoe they have playing backup PG??? I don't think so.
    It's inarguable that the Spurs possess strong scoring depth and that's what is going to be required if they're to beat those teams in the playoffs.

I said "possibly Clippers". Either way, Neal can still help against them, he just shouldn't bring the ball up against Bledsoe. It's not as if Mills/De Colo would do any better against him, though.

We won't see the Thunder again before the trade deadline but I don't think Tiago and Boris in their current roles are gonna cut it. We gave up like 20 offensive board and couldn't defend their PF... Obviously Ilyasova would the only one Pop might directly insert in the starting lineup but I'm not convinced at all we only need a fourth big...
    Again, I'm talking about the playoffs. Splitter and Diaw may not cut it as second and third bigs, but nonetheless, given what they're likely to be willing to give up, they probably can't do better than that and that's why they'll probably make a move for a fourth big.

Chinook, I could see Adelman still being interested (he's old, has no past ties to the organization and deep down probably could care less about their long term future), but I'm not sure how much say he has in personnel matters. Kahn, I doubt would do that trade now (maybe he wouldn't have in the first place; who knows?). He probably envisions this as a final chance for Williams to up his trade value in advance of the deadline.

As far as Varejao, any trade involving him probably happens close to or at the deadline. The Cavs aren't in any hurry to deal him and unless they have some level of interest in Williams, it's difficult to envision a deal getting done anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston on the Verge Of a Blockbuster Trade with... you saw it here First!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bc48qvn

I'm just goofing around but They are probably trading for Cousins from Sac..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources: Cleveland Cavaliers forward Omri Casspi, the first Israeli-born NBA player, has requested a trade. http://tinyurl.com/a35gcjz

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources: Cleveland Cavaliers forward Omri Casspi, the first Israeli-born NBA player, has requested a trade. http://tinyurl.com/a35gcjz
    aaaaaaand cue the Casspi + Varejao for Jax + filler/picks ideas!

I can't imagine Cleveland wanting what the Spurs are willing to offer btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aaaaaaand cue the Casspi + Varejao for Jax + filler/picks ideas!

I can't imagine Cleveland wanting what the Spurs are willing to offer btw.
    Actually, they will still be a lottery team next year. They don't need varejao's performance..
    (OK, it won't happen)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aaaaaaand cue the Casspi + Varejao for Jax + filler/picks ideas! I can't imagine Cleveland wanting what the Spurs are willing to offer btw.
    No but it would make a three way trade with Minny and Cleveland even more interesting for us but it's still very unlikely... Something like : http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aczwr97 with Green instead of Bonner. I'd love it because it would force Pop to play bigger.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wft is wrong with the forum? can't put any smiley anymore or do any kind of formating to your posts...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No but it would make a three way trade with Minny and Cleveland even more interesting for us but it's still very unlikely... Something like : http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aczwr97 with Green instead of Bonner. I'd love it because it would force Pop to play bigger.
    I don't like the idea of the Spurs playing any bigger than they are already. The league is about speed now, and there's no reason to try to play big wings when 6-4 players are considered shooting-guards. But trading Green would force the Spurs to go smaller, not bigger. It would mean more Neal and De Colo at the two, as Jack and Leonard lack the quickness to play the two consistently. That would mean that Jack, Kawhi and Casspi would all be trying to get minutes at the three. If Pop is going to play all of them, he'll need to use them at the four, which is obviously a down-sizing.

Add that to my feeling that Casspi is not half the player Green is, and you can see why I don't support that type of trade. I don't see any reason to bring Casspi unless Jack is dealt, and even then, I don't think Omri has any value right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I read that Memphis are also shopping Z-Bo. So what do you guys think of this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=adnpbdk Thoughts?

Thread Information