Page 78 of 143 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS Smith's agent speaks with Danny Ferry, stops short of trade request. In other words, let the Josh-a-palooza begin. #NBA http://cbsprt.co/UtSAlD
    Smith's not going to the Spurs. But this is an interesting time. There could be a lot of movement soon, and the Spurs with assets like Neal, Blair and Bonner and Jacks' expiring contracts can get some nice things if they act as facilitators. We'll see what happens. Too bad Varejao is injured, or else it'd be getting crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey how about Samuel Dalembert, he seems like he could be a reasonable target since he's just rotting away in Milwaukee. Trade Bonner Blair for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey how about Samuel Dalembert, he seems like he could be a reasonable target since he's just rotting away in Milwaukee. Trade Bonner Blair for him.
    Would much rather try to get Larry Sanders from Milwaukee. Neal and Blair could it done but I would not be so sure that Milwaukee would like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Spurs are among the teams interested in J.J. Hickson? Maybe a trade involving Green and Mills/Joseph to give Portland somee depth? Not sure if Portland would bite, probably not, but would the Spurs do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't need a center; they have three already. They need a power-forward, preferably one who can also play some minutes at the three. There's no reason to give up assets for Dalembert (the salaries of the proposed trade don't even match) or Hickson. If the Spurs like them, they can sign them outright in the off-season if Splitter leaves. Sanders is obviously worth trading for, but Milwaukee wouldn't do if for that deal.

I'd rather the Spurs stand pat than trade for another center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Splitter starting and the Baynes signing, Spurs don't really need another bigman. They can go with a primary rotation of Duncan/Splitter/Diaw. To complement it, Baynes could give some minutes if one of Splitter or Duncan is in foul troubles and Spurs can play some small ball with Jack or Kawhi at the 4.

I can really see Spurs doing close to nothing at the trade deadline. If Blair wants to be traded and if there is a team interested in him, Spurs could trade him for nothing. Aside of that Spurs could stand pat. I personally would like to see Spurs clear their logjam of guards and maybe getting a young forward but it's far from sure Spurs' FO see it that way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they don't need anyone but could use someone a SF-PF.

Aside from the backup PG situation starting SG is the weakest position but it could be fixed by a SF since KY can guard 2s.

I would still be very interested in guys like Ilyasova or Williams with Green and Sjax being the only assets I'd be willing to part with.

It's still very much in doubt that we have the mobility to defend the Ibakas of the league and the Pnr in general.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGee would still be awesome and worth parting with Tiago's expiring contract as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I agree with Chino

We have no reason to get another Center. Considering that we have Splitter starting now, the front-court situation is not as bad as it was before. Splitter/Timmy/Diaw with Baynes getting some backup minutes at the 5 is good enough IMO. But it clears some room to get a young BIG prospect. That's why I think SA should try to grab a guy like Williams using Bonner's semi-expiring + Blair and Neal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of a Blair dump for a 2nd rounder, I don't see Spurs doing much else.

I'd love for them to pursue Luc Mbah a Moute (Blair/Bonner+2nd for Moute?). I don't think Luc would get significant minutes on this years team, but I think there's a place for him in the rotation the next 2 years as the back up 3/4-- if/when Jack is gone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Magic reportedly very very motivated to make a move, here's a random idea :

Hedo + Harkless for SJax + Green + Bonner

Magic get cap space to get some nice FA this summer (there's even a crazy Dwight rumor but whatever), the point is that they want to stop sucking quickly. After that move they can still trade Red + someone like McRob for Derrick Williams and filler, that would put them in a pretty good situation imo.

Spurs get the much wanted defensive minded high ceiling 3 (or 4) while getting better by subtraction at the 2.

Big problem is the cap space situation, it's basically a move that would make resigning Manu kinda tricky.

That said I like the idea of having a big expiring next year better than betting on free agency fantasies for the current team.

Maybe the same kind of scenario with a bit smaller contract to take back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Magic reportedly very very motivated to make a move, here's a random idea :

Hedo + Harkless for SJax + Green + Bonner

Magic get cap space to get some nice FA this summer (there's even a crazy Dwight rumor but whatever), the point is that they want to stop sucking quickly. After that move they can still trade Red + someone like McRob for Derrick Williams and filler, that would put them in a pretty good situation imo.

Spurs get the much wanted defensive minded high ceiling 3 (or 4) while getting better by subtraction at the 2.

Big problem is the cap space situation, it's basically a move that would make resigning Manu kinda tricky.

That said I like the idea of having a big expiring next year better than betting on free agency fantasies for the current team.

Maybe the same kind of scenario with a bit smaller contract to take back.
    Hedo? No thanks!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also like the idea of something like Green + Bonner + pick for Prince.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that too. BTW, I don't see any interest in that trade from Detroit.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Tayshaun Prince? The one playing with a fork in his back the last few seasons? I wouldn't even trade Bonner for him straight up.

Well actually I would (CBA doesn't allow it anyway). But definitely not giving up Green or the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well just suffice to say I wouldn't trade Green for any of these players straight up. Not a single one of them improves this team, in my opinion. The Spurs only need another small-forward if they trade Jack.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like I'm alone in an alternate universe where Prince is shooting the 3 better than Green this year and that's the only thing Green is kinda good at... On a lot fewer shots but still Prince brings so much more...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, no. You're just in the universe where playing everyone out of position makes sense in the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, no. You're just in the universe where playing everyone out of position makes sense in the playoffs.
    Isn't the most successful move if the season playing Tiago out of position at PF to get bigger/longer?

That said the stats for KY at Sg don't look excellent and rebounding is one of his big strength so I'm not close minded regarding his position tbh, he might be better at SF, I'm not sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't the most successful move if the season playing Tiago out of position at PF to get bigger/longer?

That said the stats for KY at Sg don't look excellent and rebounding is one of his big strength so I'm not close minded regarding his position tbh, he might be better at SF, I'm not sure.
    The most successful thing was getting Kawhi back, which upgraded two positions at once.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another random idea : would you do something like Green-KY+picks for Jennings-Harris?

Jennings would have to play SG a lot, where he'd be pretty undersized... But no more problem about backup PG, we could have a short rotation with 3 great guards. The problem would be SF... Either it becomes Sjax-Harris or they find a way to play Boris some minutes at the 3 if Baybes is good enough right away.

Feels like it puts more importance on SJax's level of play but I would probably do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be legal/possible to trade Matt Bonner and DeJuan Blair to the Boston Celtics for their 2015 second round pick and their 2016 first round pick? Boston could use Blair's rebounding and they might find a use somewhere for Matt. lol Spurs may have to throw in a future consideration?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be legal/possible to trade Matt Bonner and DeJuan Blair to the Boston Celtics for their 2015 second round pick and their 2016 first round pick? Boston could use Blair's rebounding and they might find a use somewhere for Matt. lol Spurs may have to throw in a future consideration?
    A first round pick for Blair and Bonner? You can't be serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another random idea : would you do something like Green-KY+picks for Jennings-Harris?

Jennings would have to play SG a lot, where he'd be pretty undersized... But no more problem about backup PG, we could have a short rotation with 3 great guards. The problem would be SF... Either it becomes Sjax-Harris or they find a way to play Boris some minutes at the 3 if Baybes is good enough right away.

Feels like it puts more importance on SJax's level of play but I would probably do it.
    no!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ilyasova ended any trade talk with his last monster game, lol at people who weren't even interested..........
    Last edited by Paranoid Pop; 01-21-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Thread Information