Page 91 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Robin Lopez is really on the block. Decent option if they want a true backup center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Robin Lopez is really on the block. Decent option if they want a true backup center.
    I'm sure we can trade for him easily. A solid back-up C

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure we can trade for him easily. A solid back-up C
    Side Show Bob would be a solid off season pickup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like vasquez. i'm pretty shocked that the pelicans added holiday. if vasquez is available, i wouldn't mind the spurs moving decolo and pick(s) to get him.

, make it a sign and trade. they sign aminu and throw him in. spurs sign blair and throw him in.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been discussed a little in other threads I've read, and I'm not sure if there’s a specific one regarding this, if it is, delete.

So...
    Next season will be the last contract year of the following players (at least it looks like that now).
    - Diaw ($4.7)
    - Bonner ($4.0)
    - Nando ($1.5)
    - Mills ($1.1)

That’s around $11-12M, not a lot, but we are talking about 4 players.
    There’s no Player Option, QO, nothing, so the Spurs have to do something.

I’m not an expert in NBA rules.

What do you think the Spurs should do, or would do during the next season regarding these players?
    Will the Spurs try to increase their value and trade them? Or at least confirm if they can or can't play.
    If so, will they play more minutes? Specially Nando and Mills.
    Will the Spurs extend their contracts? Will the Spurs lose them?
    Whats at satke here?

I assume the Spurs could extend Diaw's contract, Bonner may be gone. NDC and Mills?? Do the Spurs want those players? At the end these 2 players play minutes during RS.

I don’t want to make a long thread, just get the conversation started...if someone cares.

Abrazo de gol!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone think we could potentially get our sticky fingers on Marion from Dallas, if Cubes decides to blow it up after not getting Dwight?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs strike out on AK, I think they should trade for Marvin Williams for the reserve SF role. Spurs get Marvin while Jazz receive Nando/Millsy + the TE which would be generated. Jazz can use the TE towards the cap space they need to sign Milspap.

Marvin is a solid role play who has improved his defense since entering the league. He's athletic and can play the stretch 4 role as needed. I like AK but I think this would be an very underrated move if the Spurs do it as a back up plan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone think we could potentially get our sticky fingers on Marion from Dallas, if Cubes decides to blow it up after not getting Dwight?
    Depends on how bad Cubes continues to strike out. He may need to keep in to mollify Dirk somewhat, plus Marion expires next year which would again help with their capspace pursuits.

im starting to feel bad for Dirk. Wasting the last of his best years tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a 9.3M expiring contract. Can't think of a deal between the two teams that makes any sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l3stjnl get a reliable backup PG and 3 point threat in Hinrich. And a descent backup SF in Butler who can play some D, rebound, and shoot the 3 adequately. Not great in any area but not house either. By no means a home run for us but fills 2 needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random "I'm bored" trade idea of the day: Bonner and De Colo for Brandon Bass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I looked at this trade a couple of weeks ago, and It think Boston would love to get out from under that contract. Not a huge fan of Bass. I don't think he could start over Splitter, and I don't like the idea of a Diaw-Bass second-unit front court. I'm curious to see if Pendergraph plays the backup five.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Bass either, but I am sure Boston would entertain the idea to get rid of Bass' contract.

To me he is too expensive for what he provides. And my main concern is the fact that he is a poor rebounder. Timmy is carrying such a big load that it's unfair to him to bring another big that can't rebound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So trade idea from me: What about Rush and Mo Williams for Bonner, De Colo, Blair and Neal?

First off, I'm thinking a four-team trade with the Wizards sending Singleton and the Bucks sending a second-rounder or two.

The trade would have to take place in two steps:

First, would be a trade where the Spurs would S&T Blair and Neal to Washington and Milwaukee, respectively. Those two teams would send Singleton and the seconds to Utah, who would send Rush to the Spurs. In order for this trade to work, Neal and Blair would need to have a combined salary figure of $5.3 Million next season, which should be very doable.

Second, Utah would sign-and-trade Williams with a deal starting at about $6.4 Million (three years with final year completely non-guaranteed) to the Spurs for Bonner and De Colo. This has to occur separately for two reasons. One, the Jazz cannot package Rush in a trade until December. Two, the Jazz need cap space to S&T Williams, because they don't have his Bird Rights any longer.

So to recap:

-The Spurs get Rush and Williams (combined for $10.4 Million incoming) while sending out Bonner and De Colo ($5.4 Million out-going). That puts them at about $3 Million under the tax with one roster spot left open and the rest of the MLE and minimum deals to fill it.

-The Jazz get Bonner, De Colo, Singleton and one or two seconds while losing Rush.

-The Bucks get Neal for picks.

-The Wizards get Blair for Singleton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ would be nice but seems like a long shot with so many teams and players involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they need and are willing to at least trade a PF, Bonner had to be involved in the AK s&t talks and signing Pendergraph doesn't make much sense if they don't.

How about :

- Bonner and Boris for Jeremy Lin + pick(s)

Morey is supposedly trying hard to get rid of Lin and he'd be much better than Cojo. That also frees another spot on the roster so they can sign both Oden and a SF... Wed have too many PG and Houston too many PF so it probably makes sense to add Greg Smith and one of our scrub PG in the trade or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ew, no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then an alternative would be

Bonner + DeColo + Mills + Cojo for Lin

Spurs send virtually zero rotation player for as good a backup PG they can get.

Also Lin's contract expires at the right time with two years left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Lin's not that good, and he makes way too much money (not even counting that he gets paid $15 Million in 2014-2015). There's no way in I'd want the Spurs to blow their expirings on that contract. Whichever team is dumb enough to take Lin will be one that needs a starting point-guard. If Lin were slated to be a good backup, he'd be poised to remain in Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mkts76o Knicks get 2 expirings and some 3 point shooting, that's it. Spurs get Shumpert, an OK SF to back up Leonard. And Raymond Felton who averaged 14pts 6ast 1.4stl 36%3PT. If he came here behind Tony he'd probably be the best backup PG in the NBA after starting most years. Our backup PG problems would be over in an instant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m5s3zbh adding big baby to the frontcourt (if healed yet) and Beno Udrih returning to back Tony up

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mkts76o Knicks get 2 expirings and some 3 point shooting, that's it. Spurs get Shumpert, an OK SF to back up Leonard. And Raymond Felton who averaged 14pts 6ast 1.4stl 36%3PT. If he came here behind Tony he'd probably be the best backup PG in the NBA after starting most years. Our backup PG problems would be over in an instant
    Laughable that the Knicks would even consider that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laughable that the Knicks would even consider that.
    I actually agree with you wholeheartedly. The Knicks aren't giving up their starting back court for the Spurs' spare parts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m5s3zbh adding big baby to the frontcourt (if healed yet) and Beno Udrih returning to back Tony up
    Not horrible, but Udrih's not coming back. That'd definitely give the Spurs better bench, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade target of the day - Vince Carter. He's transformed his game with the Mavs into a 3&D SF, with a little bit more in his back pocket.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jwh59qs

Obviously, SAS would have to add a sweetener - preferably a couple of 2nd rounders, but maybe a first?

It actually kind of makes sense for DAL - it's not real clear to me who the backup PF is behind Dirk. They have 4 C's - Wright, Dalembert, Blair and James none of whom have the skills to play PF. They have Marion, but he's their starting SF...

SAS gets a SF backup for Kawhi - who shot 40.6% from 3 last year, and who still commands a level of respect for his other offensive skills. He's still an athelete, even by NBA standards. According to 82games.com Vince played 80% of his minutes at SF last year, and held the opposing SF to a PER of 13.8, while putting up a 18.7 himself...

Thread Information