Page 95 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3559
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard the Kings are shopping Jimmer Fredette. Words can't express how much I want him to be a Spur. I literally watched every BYU game (and I'm not a BYU fan) because he was the most exciting player in College I've ever seen. And it's not just his shooting. He's a very smart player who can drive, pass, and handle the ball.

We have Joseph, De Colo, and Banes to trade. Plus, I wouldn't mind adding in our first round draft pick in a deal for him, because it's going to be somewhere around the 26th-30th pick.

I think Jimmer would be like Gary Neal 2.0 if we could get him. It's not his fault he's been buried in the pit of despair known as the Sacramento Kings for these past couple years. The Spurs could fully utilize his talents. I'm just praying we express interest soon, because I've heard Minnesota and the Knicks are already vying for his services.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Even I know Beli is worlds better. If the Spurs want him, they could probably get him for the min in the off-season. His stock hasn't been lower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls have two 2014 first round picks, the rights of Mirotic and young assets like Butler...

TP grew up as a Bulls fan, his father is from the Chicago area...

Rose is done...

I'm just saying... Could be draft night move if Tim looks bad and the PO run is a failure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. That's not how restricted free agency works. If the Spurs offer a QO, they then only have the option to match whatever contract Patterson gets. If he signs a four-year offer sheet, the team either has to match that exact offer or let him walk then. A QO is not really a contract. It's just a placeholder. Unless Patterson signs it, it never goes into effect. Also, it cannot be extended once signed. The same was true last summer with Splitter and the summer before with Green and Mills.
    I don't think we're saying different things. Sure the spurs could refuse to extend the QO and he walks, and sure they can extend the QO and refuse to match the other teams offers sheet or even retract the QO at the last moment. But If the QO is extended and not matched or retracted be the designated date, the player gains a year on the contract which expires at the end of the following year. In Patterson's case that would be summer of 2015 when Tim and Manu retire.

Really you've just identified a fourth way of how the spurs could avoid paying Patterson next year if they don't like what they see this year. If the concern is tying up money beyond summer of 2015, there are clearly many ways the spurs could avoid paying Patterson. That said he could be good insurance against filling slots left empty by both Diaw and Bonner leaving this summer, I think.
    Last edited by CGD; 11-23-2013 at 06:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI:

Wonder if it was before or after the Ayres signing. Logic would be that is was before but who knows...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what they were willing to offer for that scrub... I don't think they'd want him after Ayres ... unless he was gonna replace Bonbon somehow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we're saying different things. Sure the spurs could refuse to extend the QO and he walks, and sure they can extend the QO and refuse to match the other teams offers sheet or even retract the QO at the last moment. But If the QO is extended and not matched or retracted be the designated date, the player gains a year on the contract which expires at the end of the following year. In Patterson's case that would be summer of 2015 when Tim and Manu retire.

Really you've just identified a fourth way of how the spurs could avoid paying Patterson next year if they don't like what they see this year. If the concern is tying up money beyond summer of 2015, there are clearly many ways the spurs could avoid paying Patterson. That said he could be good insurance against filling slots left empty by both Diaw and Bonner leaving this summer, I think.
    I'm at a loss of what to tell you. We're talking about the Spurs trading for a big who is under contract for EXACTLY two years. In this scenario, the Spurs don't want to have to make a decision on Patterson. They'd be screwed either way. If he's good, they messes up their cap in 2015. If he's bad, they just wasted assets on him. The odds of him actually playing under a QO are extremely low. That just doesn't happen in the NBA.

Thus, the Spurs have no way to keep him for exactly two seasons, and that makes him a less desirable trade target.

Just to so I don't have to read it again: It's not up to the Spurs whether Patterson would play under his one-year QO. It's up to him to sign it rather than an offer sheet with another team or a new contract with his original team. Therefore, they cannot guarantee that he'd play in San Antonio for 2014-2015 only. If you're saying it's okay because they can just let him walk this summer, then that's irrelevant. The same is true for every player on an expiring contract. Patterson's RFA status makes no difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI:

Wonder if it was before or after the Ayres signing. Logic would be that is was before but who knows...
    Cunningham? If so, I like him. Definitely will be happy if Ayres can play a similar role. I understand why he gets minutes over Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what they were willing to offer for that scrub... I don't think they'd want him after Ayres ... unless he was gonna replace Bonbon somehow...
    If you mean trade wise, they probably only wanted him had the Wolves declined his option. If you mean salary, probably what Ayres got. Seems like they had that money earmarked already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Travis Outlaw anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you mean trade wise, they probably only wanted him had the Wolves declined his option. If you mean salary, probably what Ayres got. Seems like they had that money earmarked already.
    Yep meant trade wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to trade Nando for tony snell of the bulls. They are in need of pg play now and the Snell could provide some back up time at the 3. make it happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo has no value, only value is as an expiring...

Cleveland is definitely gonna make a trade, they're just in a ty position right now... Drafted badly and signed bad players like Jack.. Now it looks like Kyrie could walk and they'd be back at square one... What a mistake that was not trading Varejao at peak value... If they do make a trade all their assets are devalued right now tho so it's not smart but the question is if their GM has a choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What helps De Colo's trade value is that he's played really well in garbage time this year. He honestly looks like he could help a team as a rotation player now. If the Spurs insist on moving him, I think they could get a better return than most assume.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I just looked at his stats and he currently has a PER of 19 lol.

But then again teams could just get him at the end of the year and while he has decent stats he has played less minutes than Cojo which doesn't inspire confidence at all... When you want an asset to have value you play him, that's why RJeff started until the end... Being behind the current version of Cojo is scary for the other teams' FOs...

Maybe a team like the Warriors that's in win now mode and has depth problems would consider giving a future protected second rounder for him but they don't even have one in 2014... But that kind of scenario seems like a long shot to me.

edit : per realgm they have traded all their 2nd rounders until 2018
    Last edited by Baam; 11-24-2013 at 12:21 PM.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are never trading Bonner. Too valuable to Pop's schemes. Like Blair last year, I don't see anyone biting in a trade for De Colo. Joseph yeah sure the Raptors will be a sensible trading partner, but for who, exactly? Nothing to see here unless the team suffers a meltdown midseason. It's either they wait on a valuable SF/C to be bought out (Salmons/Villanueva/Okafor, anyone?) or wait for J-Ho to get back into shape.

or you know, Andres Nocioni

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando is a fine player and it sucks for him that it doesn't get more playing time but it's logical given all the depth and quality Spurs have at guards spots. The best for him would be to be traded to a team where he would get more minutes or to negotiate a buyout and go back in Europe. A team like Barcelona could really use him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Rose is out for the year, Bulls might be interested in salary dumping Dunleavy. A trade like De Colo and Baynes for Dunleavy sounds fine. However, it can only be done after December 15th when Dunleavy will be eligible to be traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two players who just don't have any hope of staying with us are Nando and CoJo if we could work out some kind of trade that would be good for us and for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have 2 good points guards that we're not using, and there are teams that are desperate for PG's right now. We should make a trade. And we shouldn't be worried if we have to throw in our late 1st round pick this upcoming year, because all of the talent in the draft class will be exhausted by then.

I'm pretty sure the Bulls would be willing to take one of our PG's and our late first rounder for Jimmy Butler. That, or we could swap our 1st rounder with theirs (they'll have a higher pick) and give them Joseph/De Colo along with it.

Or we could do the same deal with any other team. Depending on who and what we want. But I see no reason to keep Joseph or De Colo when were not going to use them and this is a veteran team that is trying to win now, so giving up draft picks shouldn't concern us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be good to get decolo off the team and look to sign a vet who could be cut in mid season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs should cash in on the rose injury and give the bulls cojo or mills for a first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Bulls about to crash down, wonder if they'd be open to trading Noah and/or Taj. Unfortunately the best the Spurs could offer are expirings and low draft picks, besides they may not want to commit to their contracts, which are huge and run past 2015.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 11-25-2013 at 05:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe did mention San Antonio as a possibility in his hypothetical Deng trade talks.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...emergency-room

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago would be the perfect trade partner for Cleveland, they can get rid of Jack immediately and fill their void at SF with defensive minded player who knows how to play off the ball...

Jack and Waiters for Deng

Cleveland get rid of their two most poisonous players.

edit : 3 teams scenario involving the Spurs :

SA gets : Karasev + Chicago's two 2014 first round picks
    Chicago gets : Jack + Green
    Cleveland gets : Deng + Cojo + Spurs first round pick
    Last edited by Baam; 11-25-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Thread Information