Page 98 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeeeeaaaaaahh, the Spurs aren't trading Splitter, especially for some unknowns.
    I want to believe

You keep starting Splitter you're basically limiting both Tim and more importantly Kawhi... You bench him and you have a very pricey bench guy that'd be best used as a trade asset to ensure the post Duncan era imo...

We're talking about a guy that played about 10min a game off the top of my head against the 2 best teams in the league, I think we could do ok without him...
    Last edited by Baam; 06-19-2014 at 01:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll throw one out here that I touched on in some random thread on the main forum: Who anyone trade Splitter and sweeteners to Atlanta for Horford? Apparently, Al was on the block at the deadline, and I imagine Bud would love Tiago.
    Why to all of it? What is your logic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why to all of it? What is your logic?
    Horford is younger and probably better. He supposedly hasn't bought into Atlanta to the point that they shopped him at the deadline. Splitter is a nice defensive center who's good as the PnR roll man, so he'd be a fit in Atlanta. Anything else you'd like to know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Spurs related but could be in some way : Warriors are supposedly trying to send Klay in a package for Love... And Klay would be willing to go to get a max deal .

With a dramatic coaching upgrade and possibly Love that team could be scary...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why on earth would you trade Splitter for unproved draft pick? Without Splitter Spurs might not get past Dallas this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems absolutely ridiculous on paper but then again we're talking about the Wolves ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors would be just as easy to defend with Love instead of Thompson. I guess it would encourage the Spurs to play Diaw over Splitter, but it would also make Leonard's job easier.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors would be just as easy to defend with Love instead of Thompson. I guess it would encourage the Spurs to play Diaw over Splitter, but it would also make Leonard's job easier.
    If some of these trades come to fruition, it would make me lean a lot stronger toward getting Frye in free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford is younger and probably better. He supposedly hasn't bought into Atlanta to the point that they shopped him at the deadline. Splitter is a nice defensive center who's good as the PnR roll man, so he'd be a fit in Atlanta. Anything else you'd like to know?
    Was just trying to see your train of thought on it. I am not sold at all that Horford would necessarily be better than Tiago with the Spurs so it seemed to me like a move just to make a move, especially with Al coming off of injury. Spurs don't need extra offense, they need that defense and to me Splitter > Horford on defense overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was just trying to see your train of thought on it. I am not sold at all that Horford would necessarily be better than Tiago with the Spurs so it seemed to me like a move just to make a move, especially with Al coming off of injury. Spurs don't need extra offense, they need that defense and to me Splitter > Horford on defense overall.
    They do need offense after 2014. It would definitely be a trade looking toward the post-Duncan era. But it might be a worthy investment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They do need offense after 2014. It would definitely be a trade looking toward the post-Duncan era. But it might be a worthy investment.
    I see your process now. I guess I am still in the all in now mode. If Tim/Manu/TP are playing next year, the goal to me would be to 1) repeat 2) eye on future with number coming in first in order of importance by a long shot. If you can do both, sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs want to improve their starting line-up, the only spot i can see is the SG position.
    Don't you think it's time to sell high on green ?
    i see 2 possible target :
    - Wes Mathews for Green + Belinelli : the Blazzers have already a strong 5, and they need to improve their bench.
    - Afflalo for Green+Joseph+Ayers+1st pick : Magic are still rebuilding, they don't really need a solid SG like afflalo who play on the natural spot of Oladipo. Green is younger, they get a young PG and Ayers is here just to make the salary matching.

I think Matthews is the most likely, maybe with some other asset like pick or stash player right for balancing the deal.

SA will lose some depth, but they have full MLE, BAE and the De Colo trade exception to bring some solid rotation player (and they probably never been so appealing for free agent than this years).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddamn, no. It's not time to "sell high" on Green. Even if it were, the would you attempt to do so by getting worse players at a premium?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is younger than Splitter and has been better/more important the past 3 years... I'd rather move Splitter if they move anyone...

The reason you'd move Green is if you're afraid he walks for nothing next season... But then again the Spurs have no backup plan and it creates a real hole (that Beli can't fill). On the other hand Diaw can start for Splitter, even Bonner could in the Thunder series...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say that Green is more important than Splitter is having really short memory. Splitter was spur's best player against Dallas, and have been huge against Portland too. HIs hability to defend against Dirk or Aldridge is really valuable for this team, and the combo Duncan-Splitter will be much needed if we face up Memphis or Houston. And he is also one of the best pick&roll defender of the NBA.
    He is just a bad matchup against Miami and OKC, but there are 27 other team in the NBA.
    There is a reason why good 7 footer are "overpayed" in NBA, there is quite few of them.

Green is a very good defender ad a very good 3 pts shooter, but he is not a "unique" player. This skill-set is not so unusual for a SG. Green look pretty in spurs system, but a lot of other player could.

Mattews and Afflalo are some very good 3 pts shooter, very good defender, and they have a more complete offensive game than green. You can't hide a weak defender on them.
    They are more expensive than green, but spurs are way under the luxury tax, it should not be an issue.
    And in Mattews case, his contract end next year and will not impact 2015 salary cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dg for matthews? no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another off-season, another case of amnesia from certain posters about how valuable Green is to the Spurs. Also, and another round of folks acting like pointing out a player's flaws somehow negates his importance to the team. Green is elite at what he does. He's not just competent or "very good." I wouldn't trade him for 20-25 of the starting twos in the league, even if salary weren't a consideration.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another off-season, another case of amnesia from certain posters about how valuable Green is to the Spurs. Also, and another round of folks acting like pointing out a player's flaws somehow negates his importance to the team. Green is elite at what he does. He's not just competent or "very good." I wouldn't trade him for 20-25 of the starting twos in the league, even if salary weren't a consideration.
    Let's say that we agree to disagree so

For me, green is a good role player who shine in spurs system, and a player like mattews could bring the same outside shooting and defense abilities, plus a better ball handling and a capacity to attack the basket. I'm quite sure that if i post the same trade idea on the blazzers forum, they will argue that Mattews is way to good for green+Beli ;-)

I suppose that fan are always more or less biased concerning player of their team ;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors Shopping Harrison Barnes For Pick June 20 at 11:56am CDT By Chuck Myron

The Warriors are dangling Harrison Barnes in trade talks as they attempt to trade for a first-round pick in this year’s draft, as Chad Ford of ESPN.com reports in an Insider-only piece. It’s unclear whether the conversations extend beyond their negotiations with the Timberwolves toward a Kevin Love deal, but it appears Warriors GM Bob Myers and company place a high value on acquiring a first-rounder to replace the one they traded to Utah last year. Golden State is without a pick in either round on Thursday.

The Timberwolves are reportedly interested in Barnes, though Wolves coach/executive Flip Saunders made it clear Thursday that he had no intention of giving up the No. 13 pick in this year’s draft. That would seem to suggest that the Warriors will have to look elsewhere for a 2014 pick, assuming they haven’t already.

Barnes was in trade rumors leading up to the deadline, even though Warriors co-owner Joe Lacob said he wasn’t anxious to move the player the team took seventh overall just two years ago. Still, it appeared the club was targeting a veteran big man who could provide short-term help in return for Barnes, indicating that either Golden State has doubts about his to fulfill his promise or that the team isn’t keen on waiting for him to do so.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/
    Barnes seems like the type of player that would be a great fit. But, hey I am wrong all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Green is as crazy as trading Splitter. Those guys are playoff tested, proven championship contributors. Starters even. On par or higher than Diaw, Mills.

Worst case scenario, Green won't agree to an extension price. Maybe something like the Spitter deal? So trade him around the deadline, or at least after extension negotiations have broken down.

I still think Beli, Ayers are the most expendable trade assets. Along with the late 2nds. Maybe the Joseph expiring. The bucks and rockets are interesting trade partners. Both have history with the spurs. Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Neal, Anderson, Scola, and Gooden. And most interestingly, picks in the late 1st/early 2nd.

I think Diaw, Mills, Baynes, and Green need be extension priorities. Considering that, spurs need more young/rookie scale on the deep bench. Be it from stashers coming over or drafters being plugged in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Green is as crazy as trading Splitter. Those guys are playoff tested, proven championship contributors. Starters even. On par or higher than Diaw, Mills.

Worst case scenario, Green won't agree to an extension price. Maybe something like the Spitter deal? So trade him around the deadline, or at least after extension negotiations have broken down.

I still think Beli, Ayers are the most expendable trade assets. Along with the late 2nds. Maybe the Joseph expiring. The bucks and rockets are interesting trade partners. Both have history with the spurs. Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Neal, Anderson, Scola, and Gooden. And most interestingly, picks in the late 1st/early 2nd.

I think Diaw, Mills, Baynes, and Green need be extension priorities. Considering that, spurs need more young/rookie scale on the deep bench. Be it from stashers coming over or drafters being plugged in.
    They're expendable all right but they also have negative value...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Danny can't be extended under the CBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they aren't ancient. and they're champions. the rockets especially, could use them to bring some of that high quality spurs character to a D12 and Harden led squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny can't be extended under the CBA.
    that's some bad news. maybe a green trade isn't the craziest idea then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is wrong with some of you? Splitter and Green would only be traded for something ridiculous.

Thread Information