Page 99 of 143 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green shouldn't be traded as long as the spurs are true contenders. He's essential in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is wrong with some of you? Splitter and Green would only be traded for something ridiculous.
    You know what's ridiculous ? Bonner starting a WCF game while Splitter is turned into a cheerleader...

Also ridiculous : a center having negative impact against the weakest team in the league at the 5, talking about Miami of course...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what's ridiculous ? Bonner starting a WCF game while Splitter is turned into a cheerleader...

Also ridiculous : a center having negative impact against the weakest team in the league at the 5, talking about Miami of course...
    Uh... Eh...

Still don't think you understand basketball very much, much less this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tiago's block on Lebron was the third-coolest block of the Spurs' post-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Going online now: ESPN sources say Nets and Cavs are discussing Marcus Thornton-for-Jarrett Jack trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Going online now: ESPN sources say Nets and Cavs are discussing Marcus Thornton-for-Jarrett Jack trade

Yawn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Means Livingston is gone. Brooklyn doesn't have full Bird rights for him, I think. So they can't pay him as much as he's likely to get somewhere else. Marcus Thornton is probably the most overpaid player in the NBA, and that's saying something, since his APY is a third of what Kobe makes.

I don't see it for the Cavs, though. Jack has more value to just a salary dump, especially ones that decrease their 2014 cap space. I was looking to see if they had some player whom they'd append to the deal, but they don't unless they've given up on Bennett and can't find a single taker for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer ‏@JakeLFischer 2h With Cavaliers trade talk, I'm told Thaddeus Young's name is very much involved. He's preparing for a move, reading all the rumors.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read Bulls are pitching Gibson, Snell, 16 and 19 picks for Love. Not sure that's enough given GSW offer.. But I would much prefer Love move out East - one, it would make the East somewhat watchable and interesting not to mention more compe ive, and two, it would avoid any teams in the already tough West making the jump to contender level.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I'm being lazy not embedding the source but I'm on the iPhone so cbf tbh ..

Utah offering Favors, Burks, pick 5 for Cavs first pick.. Seems like a lot to give up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read Bulls are pitching Gibson, Snell, 16 and 19 picks for Love. Not sure that's enough given GSW offer.. But I would much prefer Love move out East - one, it would make the East somewhat watchable and interesting not to mention more compe ive, and two, it would avoid any teams in the already tough West making the jump to contender level.
    Those picks aren't even in the lottery. That won't be near enough.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather take that Chicago offer and grab 2(3 with their own pick) of Capela/Anderson/Adams/Payton/Harris than the Lee/Klay/Barnes deal. Lee is an overpaid, net average player, Klay is severely overrated(high usage, PER below 15 is not a good recipe, though RPM moving up to around 0 is a decent sign) and Barnes is terrible. Those guys are going to cost ~$30m in 15/16 when Klay inevitably gets a dumb contract.

It's not a good deal, and I'd reject both, but the GSW offer is a pile of dog that looks OK to casual fans because Lee and Klay score a lot. Gibson is better than Lee and 16+19 would be expected to combine for more value than Klay at way less cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question is if Minni would be willing to pay Klay the max. Somebody is going to give it to him, so whoever holds his rights when he hits restricted free agency had better be willing to pay it or he basically holds no value.

Earth, Wind, and Fire. BlackSilver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavericks trade for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton from the Knicks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ew-york-knicks

The trade cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon and center Samuel Dalembert -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin, reserve guard Wayne Ellington and the 34th and 51st picks in Thursday's draft.

Earth, Wind, and Fire. BlackSilver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good pick up for the Mavs, but about 3 Dirk years too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After seeing the basketball guru that is Rick Carlisle last post-season, Chandler and Felton sound horrifying...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felton looks done, and Chandler's health is questionable at this point. Not saying they can't rebound, but assuming they stick with a Felton, Ellis, Marion, Dirk, Chandler line-up you've only got 2 players who can play D, with a hit to their offense from last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felton sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There guard situation went from below average to horrible. They now have Harris and Felton as there 2 pg's..good luck with that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There guard situation went from below average to horrible. They now have Harris and Felton as there 2 pg's..good luck with that
    It will improve w/ Free Agency. (Sessions, Vasquez, Hinrich)

I dont know why Dallas isn't exploring bringing in Lowry + Ariza. With Ellis and Dirk needing touches offensively, I believe those two fit in better than Melo.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Mavs get Lowry, they might straight up cut Felton. He does more harm than good in a locker room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets just traded Asik to the Pelican's for there 2015 first rounder according to Woj on Twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavericks trade for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton from the Knicks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ew-york-knicks
    i like this move a lot, for the knicks. I think Calderon is an outright plea for Pau Gasol.

Plus, 34 is darn close to a 1st. And 51 could sweeten any Smith offer.

Then, i think Larkin is quite possibly the best piece. He has major mojo. Now he's playing in the Mecca! That kid might be my new favorite fantasy sleeper. And they did it all by dumping stupid Felton and dodging a Chandler, Amare, Gasol logjam. If there's a bet online about where Gasol lands, my money is NYC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone do a Scola/Solomon Hill(/potential future first) for Beli/Ayres/30 trade?

I think I'd do it if the Pacers added a pick, but I'd be much more on the fence, otherwise. Scola is a good fit for the fourth-big role, and he'd obvious fit in like a dream, chemistry-wise. Solomon Hill is a good SF prospect who is developing three-point range. Hill doesn't get time with the Pacers, though, so he and Scola are pretty much on the outs in Indiana right now. Beli would be a really good wing for them, since he's a scorer, and they can finally and Ayres has experience playing the Finals, and that has to count for something.

If the Spurs did that trade and used their MLE wisely, I think they'd be a better team than they were last year. However, I think signing McRoberts and drafting a good player at 30 would also lead to that result. It just really depends if Hill would be better than anyone the team could draft at 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone do a Scola/Solomon Hill(/potential future first) for Beli/Ayres/30 trade?

I think I'd do it if the Pacers added a pick, but I'd be much more on the fence, otherwise. Scola is a good fit for the fourth-big role, and he'd obvious fit in like a dream, chemistry-wise. Solomon Hill is a good SF prospect who is developing three-point range. Hill doesn't get time with the Pacers, though, so he and Scola are pretty much on the outs in Indiana right now. Beli would be a really good wing for them, since he's a scorer, and they can finally and Ayres has experience playing the Finals, and that has to count for something.

If the Spurs did that trade and used their MLE wisely, I think they'd be a better team than they were last year. However, I think signing McRoberts and drafting a good player at 30 would also lead to that result. It just really depends if Hill would be better than anyone the team could draft at 30.
    I'd do this trade instantly for several reasons - first of all I don't expect the Spurs to draft a player with 30, who'd be on the roster next season, and 2nd - I don't expect them to use the full MLE for 3 or 4 years to get a player, e.g. McRoberts ( due to dipping in the 2015, 2016 cap space ), so Scola as a 4th big would be OK. He's almost done, but definitely a better fit than Ayres. Beli could easily be replaced by Mills and thus giving CoJo some minutes to prove whether he could cut it or not, he's at that point already IMO. Then sign a veteran PG for the min who could eventually save CoJo's ass when needed.

Chinook, do you expect the Spurs to throw the full MLE at anyone? Wouldn't they value the capspace more in the next couple of summers?

Thread Information