Page 103 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and speaking of suns trade possibilities. the spurs missed out on Bogdan Bogdanovic. If a Baynes sign and trade deal goes down, i'd like to see it include the rights to Bogdan.
    The irony of this is that if I had had my druthers, the Spurs would have owned the pick the Suns used on Bogdanovic. I wanted the team to trade Bonner's partially guaranteed deal to Indiana for Gerald Green and either Plumlee or the Pacers' first. They ended up dumping both in the Scola trade, which I'd imagine they'd really like to undo right now. The Spurs would have had a bona fide back up to Kawhi while also having a decent prospect. I'd personally prefer Plumlee to Bogdan, but either would have been better than spending money on Beli/Ayres.

I guess it's hard to complain about last off-season when Beli provided key minutes in the regular season, Ayres filled in for injured bigs and Bonner made a difference in the WCF. But from a talent standpoint, the team really missed out on that opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious to learn whether RC Buford would'vr drafted Bogdan Bogdanovic if he had been availability instead of Kyle Anderson with the 30th pick of the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious to learn whether RC Buford would'vr drafted Bogdan Bogdanovic if he had been availability instead of Kyle Anderson with the 30th pick of the first round.
    if you can find out, i bet you 5$ he says he would have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    big trade...

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes
    Can confirm Cavs to acquire Keith Bogans from Boston in exchange for Erik Murphy, Malcolm Thomas, John Lucas. @ESPNSteinLine first.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Sources say Cavs are expected to package their three non-guaranteed deals (Erik Murphy, John Lucas and Malcolm Thomas) in trade for KBogans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Cavs be interested in acquiring the Centerpiece?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may well start for the Cavs next season, since they need someone who can at least pretend to be a three-and-D player. However, I think they want his contract more than anything. He has a dust-chip deal this season and next, which means that the Cavs can use him to acquire players from teams who don't want to take on salary. With Keith and Brendan on the roster, Cleveland now has the ability to take back a max player next summer if they so desire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may well start for the Cavs next season, since they need someone who can at least pretend to be a three-and-D player. However, I think they want his contract more than anything. He has a dust-chip deal this season and next, which means that the Cavs can use him to acquire players from teams who don't want to take on salary. With Keith and Brendan on the roster, Cleveland now has the ability to take back a max player next summer if they so desire.
    I think this could be a prelude to a Dion Waiters or Tristan Thompson trade mid-season. Any team that would want cap relief (which is what Bogans/Haywood are at this point) could just as easily trade with Philly in exchange for a 2nd. But if someone like Brooklyn decides to blow it up, Waiters/Thompson + Haywood for B. Lopez might make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both he and Brenda Haywood are non-guaranteed next season, for a total of $16M. That's one of a deadline/summer trade chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...bert-Covington

I really like Covington and I believe he would be a good 3&D player with athleticism. I know we can't really offer much for Houston, but still..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...bert-Covington

I really like Covington and I believe he would be a good 3&D player with athleticism. I know we can't really offer much for Houston, but still..
    They don't need to offer anything to Houston, the article says they are going to release him either way. However given the Spurs don't have a roster spot open, and the fact he is a tweener forward that doesn't have the speed to guard SFs in the NBA means that its unlikely they go after him, especially with Daye on the roster. Maybe a D-league contract but unlikely to ever get called up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources: Timberwolves shopping forward Chase Budinger

By Adrian Wojnarowski 4 hours ago Yahoo Sports

The Minnesota Timberwolves are shopping forward Chase Budinger in trade talks, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Among talks with several teams, the Detroit Pistons and Houston Rockets have shown an interest, league sources said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't care about Chase. Can't believe Minny traded the 15th pick for him a couple of years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm crazy but could the explanation for Beli playing so many minutes in preseason be that they're actively showcasing him ? If so what kind of dumb GM would go for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm crazy but could the explanation for Beli playing so many minutes in preseason be that they're actively showcasing him ? If so what kind of dumb GM would go for it?
    Uh, Kawhi's out and Manu's sucking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much would it take to steal kg from brooklyn? i think the spurs would be an excellent place for him. He could win a ring, or at least be among ring winners. He shouldn't mind strictly monitored minutes. His mentor capabilities would be appreciated. He's still got some game. he's kinda a bargain pau gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much would it take to steal kg from brooklyn? i think the spurs would be an excellent place for him. He could win a ring, or at least be among ring winners. He shouldn't mind strictly monitored minutes. His mentor capabilities would be appreciated. He's still got some game. he's kinda a bargain pau gasol.
    I love the fit on paper especially with the frontline being the thinest position on the roster... But there's so many reasons that make it almost impossible : Duncan putting his veto, Brooklyn being in win now mode by default, and the fact that the Spurs don't have the pieces to take back that much salary...

The tradable assets are Beli and Mills and picks imo, the other scrubs can be used as filler...

Looking around I don't see many options tbh, guys that are not good enough don't have a chance to crack the rotation, guys that are good enough like KG have salaries that are too big...

But imo there's one intriguing option out there to reinforce the frontline, someone who has a lot of experience playing next to Boris, who has a small expiring salary : Alexis Ajinça who is the odd man out of the Pelicans frontline tbh...

Something like : Ajinça + Salmons + second rounder for Beli + Ayres (or Baynes)

They won't do it tho, they don't have the balls to trade Beli imo...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to understand two things.
    1) Tim ing HATES KG.
    2) KG has no more game left than David Robinson. He just looked sad last year. Honestly, KG at the minimum isn't even a good fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to understand two things.
    1) Tim ing HATES KG.
    2) KG has no more game left than David Robinson. He just looked sad last year. Honestly, KG at the minimum isn't even a good fit.
    i understand 1, and i forgot. so good point there, but i'm not so sure about 2. I think KG's sad year was more ugly team situation and less ugly player deterioration.

how about prince? i've been noticing, through fantasy league diligence, that prince might be an easy dump for the grizz. He would surely have a few pointers for kawhi, and generally be that much more championship caliber mentor-ship on the roster. as much as i hate the idea of a bargain player taking up Anderson development time, prince would be a of a bargain player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i understand 1, and i forgot. so good point there, but i'm not so sure about 2. I think KG's sad year was more ugly team situation and less ugly player deterioration.

how about prince? i've been noticing, through fantasy league diligence, that prince might be an easy dump for the grizz. He would surely have a few pointers for kawhi, and generally be that much more championship caliber mentor-ship on the roster. as much as i hate the idea of a bargain player taking up Anderson development time, prince would be a of a bargain player.
    You really need to fall OUT of love with supporting players way on the wrong side of 30. The Spurs have. The last new rotation player of that type that was signed to the team was Dice in 2009.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris was over 30, I don't think it's that clear cut even tho there's a clear focus on upside... But the bottom line is value...

I was checking Mirotic stats and he went from 28min to 5min in 5 games : http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6459/nikola-mirotic

Could be interesting if the trend continues...

I think the Spurs should look very hard at bigs, especially 4th bigs who are the odd man out of their team like Ajinça and Mirotic... The problem is that the Bulls really only need one thing and that's a good SG, a thing that's super rare today, and if a bad team had that they'd probably want Mirotic for themselves...

Maybe the Wolves would do it since they already have 2 PFs (Bennett and Young) :

Bulls get Kmart + Spurs pick
    Spurs get Mirotic + Snell
    Wolves get Beli + Ayres + Ŝpurs picks
    Last edited by Baam; 11-10-2014 at 03:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another 5 min game for Mirotic... Seems like he's in Thibs dog house... Imo there's def something to be tried... Not the same position but Mirotic is way better than Splitter...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone needs to learn to read a box score. The reason for Mirotic's drop in minutes is perfectly obvious even after a cursory look.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone needs to learn to read a box score. The reason for Mirotic's drop in minutes is perfectly obvious even after a cursory look.
    Consider the source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris was over 30, I don't think it's that clear cut even tho there's a clear focus on upside... But the bottom line is value...

I was checking Mirotic stats and he went from 28min to 5min in 5 games : http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6459/nikola-mirotic

Could be interesting if the trend continues...

I think the Spurs should look very hard at bigs, especially 4th bigs who are the odd man out of their team like Ajinça and Mirotic... The problem is that the Bulls really only need one thing and that's a good SG, a thing that's super rare today, and if a bad team had that they'd probably want Mirotic for themselves...

Maybe the Wolves would do it since they already have 2 PFs (Bennett and Young) :

Bulls get Kmart + Spurs pick
    Spurs get Mirotic + Snell
    Wolves get Beli + Ayres + Ŝpurs picks
    I like Mirotic and Snell. If I was rc, id be shopping the out of my 2016 draft picks. Manu and Tim gone, Parker old. Those picks could fetch enough talent to make sure those picks aren't very high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post 2013 GM rule #1 : Don't trade away your first round picks.

Thread Information