Page 62 of 143 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3559
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of getting Vesely, not sure what it would take tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing like garbage right now. If the Wizards want to move, they'd likely ask for an expiring and maybe a player like Neal. His trade value has plummeted He needs to either get a jump shot so he can be a small-forward/stretch four, or he needs to learn some post moves and become a legitimate big. He's really in between right now.

If the Wizards like Blair for some odd reason, than he and Bonner for Vesely makes sense. If they want someone like Neal instead, then I'd still try to give them Blair and take back someone like Booker.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cdmxsnr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe this would be better if the Spurs got back on of Philly's seconds:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aa4dybc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't and wouldn't help the Spurs now.

Vesely is a raw project. Just for comparison, Cory Joseph is more ready to contribute than Vesely. That's how raw he is.

He can't shoot and is completely lost offensively and defensively. He has great size and crazy athleticism, but that's about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Vesely is a raw project. Just for comparison, Cory Joseph is more ready to contribute than Vesely. That's how raw he is.

He can't shoot and is completely lost offensively and defensively. He has great size and crazy athleticism, but that's about it.
    Like Bruno said it's intriguing because he would go from a terrible situation to a perfect fit : a euro friendly team with a winning culture. I think we have enough quality guards this year to take a bet on someone like him, especially when Blair is our fifth big...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to make a trade for Vesely during the season I would think. Blair and Neal wouldn't be enough for salary. Don't know if Anderson would be eligible for a trade right at the deadline. And Blair plus Neal and Joseph/Mills might leave the backcourt too thin. Bonner quite frankly would be too valuable during the season to trade for a player who would go straight to the d-league.

In the summer though, Bonner's partial guarantee plus their pick on draft night could be it. His contract becomes fully guaranteed on June 29th, the draft is the 27th. If Grunfeld still has a job he might be reluctant to part with him, but if a new GM is in to clean house Vesely would be a good candidate to just get a pick with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disagree.

You might see in Vesely a player that struggles badly while playing for the worst NBA team but I also see a player that played a lot of good games at the Euroleague level.
    If Spurs are interested in him, and I'm not saying they are or they should be, it will be because of his Euro resume and not his year with Washington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree.

You might see in Vesely a player that struggles badly while playing for the worst NBA team but I also see a player that played a lot of good games at the Euroleague level.
    If Spurs are interested in him, and I'm not saying they are or they should be, it will be because of his Euro resume and not his year with Washington.
    How do you think he'd fit with the Spurs? I can't find a role for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you think he'd fit with the Spurs? I can't find a role for him.
    I would play him at the 4 spot, likely as backup with Diaw starting. It certainly will take a little time to have him back at a good level but I think he could end up as a significant upgrade over Blair/Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hope the Spurs can get a decent power-forward to play just in case Vesely craps out. Maybe Booker could be included when he gets healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auj5c4d

Wouldn't mind something like that going down. The Bucks are house and would get 2 expiring contracts giving them cap space for the near future.

Spurs get big, real big and defensive instantly, with Dalembert, career 8pt 8reb 2blocks guy and Larry Sanders, another 8pt 8reb 3blocks bigman, and Luc Richard, a long defensive wing. We wouldn't get abused every time Duncan goes to the bench anymore and the big fella would get some much needed help. A big rotation of

Duncan
    Dalambert
    Sanders
    Splitter
    And yes, a floor Stretching Bonner

Would be freakin awesome.

The Bucks take back 2 good players they can take off the books or use as trade bait around the deadline. Milwauke are average, but not quite bad enough to get good draft picks, they're kind of a stuck in the middle team so might like shorter contracts to help rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That trade would never work. Not only do the Bucks not want to get rid or Sanders (he's the reason why Dalembert is complaining about playing time), but I highly doubt they want anything to do with Jackson after what they went through last year.

The best chance for the Spurs to sneak Dalembert or much more improbably Sanders away is by facilitating a trade that sends Milwaukee a star-level player (Varejao, Gasol).

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a4ju59g

The Spurs wouldn't do this for Dalembert, because he'd push them over the tax line. But in my opinion, that is how a reasonable trade will the Bucks looks.

For Sanders, it's harder to get a trade that makes the Spurs the best destination for him. This is the best I could come up with:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7k6rvl

The Pacers may not be willing to trade Granger (and maybe not for that price, although a first or two could be tossed in). The Bucks may not want him (although they need a good wing like him), the Pacers or Milwaukee may want Sanders even though they are loaded with bigs already. There are tweaks to this scenario that can be made after the 15th of January, but that's my best attempt at it now.
    Last edited by Chinook; 12-10-2012 at 09:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns source: Michael Beasley is "toxic," team in tailspin, could lead to major shakeup.

At game in Memphis, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic seen arguing briefly on court. Losing breeding frustration.

https://twitter.com/Powell2daPeople

Makes one wonder if they're anxious enough to part with Beasley that they would package him with Gortat. From the other side, is Gortat good enough to take Beasley as part of the deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best deal for PHX would be dealing Gortat to OKC to get a package around that TOR pick + Lamb/Perry Jones.

I wonder if the Spurs could get Scola for cheap. (have to wait a year though right?) I am sure he would absolutely love to play with Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A properly handled Beasley would be one of the scariest forwards in the league. He has the size to play the four and the range and athleticism to dominate there on the offensive end. But Beasley is plumb crazy. As far as I know, he's not like Jackson where he is a good guy that just doesn't control himself if he's in a losing situation. He seems to do his fair share of disrupting a team's chemistry by acting selfish.

If Pop could rehabilitate him, Beasley himself would be worth trading for, because the Spurs have never really had someone who can do the things he can. But I don't think Pop's interested in taking care of an 18 Million-dollar baby.

Then there's the matter of what the team would look like if the trade were to happen. I assume it would be a Jack and Splitter for Gortat and Beasley deal. If the Spurs decide not to start Gortat, then the best lineup will be Beasley and Duncan/Diaw and Gortat. If you flip Beasley and Diaw, I don't know if the spacing/passing would be the same. But if you don't start Gortat, then trading Splitter is pointless, and a bench of Beasley and Diaw would get toasted on defense.

I could see San Antonio trying this if they got off to a horrible start and needed a shake-up. Right now, things are working too well to trade away two rotational player mid-season for players with unknown fits. For another team a team that thinks they can handle Beasley, though, this may be a good opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best deal for PHX would be dealing Gortat to OKC to get a package around that TOR pick + Lamb/Perry Jones.

I wonder if the Spurs could get Scola for cheap. (have to wait a year though right?) I am sure he would absolutely love to play with Manu.
    Yeah, Scola can't be traded until July 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, they do have to wait a year. If OKC offers that deal to the Suns, they'd be crazy not to take it. Absorbing Perkins' salary really isn't too be of a deal for them, and getting young prospects may help them tank more easily. I don't think the Thunder would want that trade, though. They may regret Perkins' contract, but Gortat would add an element that they really don't use as much without Harden there. Also, I don't think the Thunder want any part of Beasley, and Mel_13 is probably right when he said that the Suns may try to move him in any Gortat deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if that rumor (Patterson for Neal + Blair) had some merit. Morey tried to show-case him, he had a few good games but now he got back to earth. Pretty sure they would not mind moving him. (D-Mo and Jones have a higher ceiling and they still have to deal with White's mental issues). They could use Neal, but Blair would probably go to a 3rd team.

For San Antonio the pros would be : His mid-range is absolutely money. If the Spurs want to replicate the Mcdyess role he would be perfect. The good thing is that he could be paired with Duncan or Splitter and the spacing would not be affected. His defense is also pretty good. Man to man and in terms of help defense.

The cons - he is not a great rebounder and his post moves are very basic. The post moves would not be needed much in SA, but his poor rebounding skills would be a problem. Obviously Asik a great rebounder and crash the boards in elite level, but that can't be an excuse to average only 5 boards in 30 minutes.

Anyway, considering his pros and cons I think he would be a good fit. He is ready to contribute right now and SA would have him for cheap (rookie contract) this season and the next.

How do you guys feel about him ? Agree or disagree with the description ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson for Bargnani, I know shoot me if you will. But the Raptors have to be desperate with no draft pick and no cap space, we could even throw Blair and a pick.

We'd have two good centers, and three stretch bigs. Of course getting stuck with his ty contract might not be worth it plus he's a known softy/defensive liability but I like having a scorer at that position to give us a real alternative to Boris.

Doesn't really make sense to take a bet on someone who is paid that much but that would be intriguing to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson for Bargnani, I know shoot me if you will. But the Raptors have to be desperate with no draft pick and no cap space, we could even throw Blair and a pick.

We'd have two good centers, and three stretch bigs. Of course getting stuck with his ty contract might not be worth it plus he's a known softy/defensive liability but I like having a scorer at that position to give us a real alternative to Boris.

Doesn't really make sense to take a bet on someone who is paid that much but that would be intriguing to me.
    I'd make the case against Andrea one more time, but you've hit the main points against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if that rumor (Patterson for Neal + Blair) had some merit. Morey tried to show-case him, he had a few good games but now he got back to earth. Pretty sure they would not mind moving him. (D-Mo and Jones have a higher ceiling and they still have to deal with White's mental issues). They could use Neal, but Blair would probably go to a 3rd team.

For San Antonio the pros would be : His mid-range is absolutely money. If the Spurs want to replicate the Mcdyess role he would be perfect. The good thing is that he could be paired with Duncan or Splitter and the spacing would not be affected. His defense is also pretty good. Man to man and in terms of help defense.

The cons - he is not a great rebounder and his post moves are very basic. The post moves would not be needed much in SA, but his poor rebounding skills would be a problem. Obviously Asik a great rebounder and crash the boards in elite level, but that can't be an excuse to average only 5 boards in 30 minutes.

Anyway, considering his pros and cons I think he would be a good fit. He is ready to contribute right now and SA would have him for cheap (rookie contract) this season and the next.

How do you guys feel about him ? Agree or disagree with the description ?
    He'd be an improvement over Blair. But without any other sweeteners, I feel that could be selling low on Neal. I'm skeptical of his defense. To me, a big part of defense is rebounding, and as you said, that's not a strong suit for him. I don't know if he has the range to compensate for his other short comings. It's nice that he can shoot from 15-17 feet, but it would be better if he could go out to the three-point line reliably. I saw him shoot a couple of corner threes last night, but he really wasn't close on either one. ESPN has him at 31 percent, though, so maybe that's just me seeing him on an off night.

I'd like the idea more if it didn't mean trading players to a division rival. I could warm up to it more if it becomes clear the Spurs need a big man and no better option becomes available. But I'd wait until the deadline before I even consider dealing with Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Hoopsworld, so take it fwiw:

While Varejao has many fans within the Cavaliers organization, multiple league sources believe Cleveland will trade him as the February 21 trade deadline approaches. One league source thinks the Cavs would part ways with Varejao if they were able to add one or two more pieces to their young core that includes Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson and Tyler Zeller.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-wil...erson-varejao/

If true, then any package from the Spurs would have to include Leonard. I wouldn't be interested in Andy at that price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, then any package from the Spurs would have to include Leonard. I wouldn't be interested in Andy at that price.
    Agreed. Leonard stays.

I think Cleveland may still covet Derrick Williams, who has slimmed down this year in an effort to play the SF spot. The Wolves probably don't want Varejao, but I could see Minny and Cleveland being two players in three- or four-team deal.

The question I have for everyone is this: Which team needs Varejao badly enough to trade for him?

If that team is the Spurs, I think they may be able to get him, if certain criteria are met. It would involve trading Splitter (something of which I am not a fan, mind you), and Minny would have to sell low on Williams, but I think a deal for Varejao could look like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdzvjmb

Not the most unrealistic trade in the world, and it could be even more tempting if the Spurs include Green (and either swap Blair for Bonner or take back a point guard from the Wolves) after January 15 and send Neal (or Mills or Joseph) to Cleveland. That's giving up a lot, and I don't think it makes the Spurs better, but I do think Splitter/Williams/Neal (with the possibility of draft picks being tossed in) is a legitimate offer to make for Varejao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdzvjmb

Not the most unrealistic trade in the world, and it could be even more tempting if the Spurs include Green (and either swap Blair for Bonner or take back a point guard from the Wolves) after January 15 and send Neal (or Mills or Joseph) to Cleveland. That's giving up a lot, and I don't think it makes the Spurs better, but I do think Splitter/Williams/Neal (with the possibility of draft picks being tossed in) is a legitimate offer to make for Varejao.
    Actually, if Minny would trade Williams for Bonner and Neal, I'd just do that trade and keep Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, me too. I was just saying that that's how trading for Varejao would be possible. It's possible Pop would prefer the veteran Varejao over Williams anyway, and he may not like Splitter enough to give him another chance in the playoffs. But my money says if the Spurs like Williams at all, and Minnesota offers him to San Antonio for any combination of the Spurs' backup guards and Bonner or Blair, the Spurs would take that deal and run.

Thread Information