Page 112 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the support for a Mills trade.
    He and Splitter are basically our only tradeable assets that anyone would want. If we have our eyes on a mid-first rounder, one of those two is probably gonna have to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...cramento-kings

Lakers trying to acquire DeMarcus Cousins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby and Cousins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the only thing that could make me hate Cousins MORE...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't make sense for Charlotte who already has a starting forward. As for Portland. They could be eyeing Justin Anderson at the 3 at that range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever runs the Hornets is smoking that good green. First trading Lance for less than nothing in Hawes' awful contract, then trading a 19 year old #9 pick who played decently last year for Batum, who was arguably the worst player in the Blazers rotation last year.

How can it be so hard to be a competent GM?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but ANOTHER league source just told me he expects a lot of trades in next 24 hours. This will be fun!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YES! Off-season has come early this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the playoffs this is the best time of year in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made this proposal in the massive LMA thread. But I think it'll get buried over there. But instead of making a separate thread, I'll just drop it here:

I wonder what it would take to combine Splitter's trade and Baynes' signing into a large S&T for Aldridge. The salaries match, so the Spurs could take back LMA while only committing $14.7 Million or so to their cap (if they were to still go that route). Portland would absorb no salary. I think Atlanta would be game for the trade, as it seems like they're getting too good of a deal as it is. Detroit has no incentive to do the S&T, so the Spurs would probably have to pay them (Bertans maybe?). Portland would be the hardest one to convince, I think. Would probably take a first and more to get them to agree, though the Spurs would have plenty of leverage.

That would actually allow the team to stay over the cap (the team should have Baynes' Bird rights despite not having tendered him), which means they can keep everyone can use the MLE on West. They could also look to move Joseph for a better wing for the bench. Dunno who'd bite at this point in the off-season, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Biyombo going to TOR and with them having traded Vasquez earlier, maybe Nogueira could be available in a S&T for Cojo. Toronto also happens to be the current owners of the fully unguaranteed Luke Ridnour contract.

A package of Ridnour+Nogueira would allow Joseph's new salary to start at up to $7 million and enable the Raps to keep Lou Williams' cap hold on the books.

The Spurs would need to find a way to fit Nogueira's $1.8 million along with TD and Aldridge into cap space so a reportedly higher salary cap would really help here.

I think it would be a good deal for both teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs cannot take salary back for CoJo trade. No money available for sign and trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs cannot take salary back for CoJo trade. No money available for sign and trade.
    It depends on Duncan's contract. Right now it's still unclear how big of a paycut he is willing to take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have Cory's right at this point, so they don't need any more cap space. But you're right that Duncan has to be accounted for at some point. Maybe he's willing to take less to bring on Noguiera? Doubt it. Wright? Almost certainly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any capologist can tell me if they're gonna have to trade anyone? I'm getting scared for my man Boris with all the PF on the roster now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any capologist can tell me if they're gonna have to trade anyone? I'm getting scared for my man Boris with all the PF on the roster now...
    Nah. They certainly don't HAVE to trade anyone else. Depending on who else they sign, they may move some contracts midseason, though. Surprisingly enough, though, they're creeping toward the tax line.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random, but would a Kyle Anderson swap for Tim Hardaway Jr work? Both are equally terrible at defense, but at least Hardaway can shoot. Hawks owe the Spurs a solid for giving away virtually nothing for Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random, but would a Kyle Anderson swap for Tim Hardaway Jr work? Both are equally terrible at defense, but at least Hardaway can shoot. Hawks owe the Spurs a solid for giving away virtually nothing for Splitter.
    I wouldn't even consider that trade if I were the Spurs. Would have traded Kyle for the 19th pick in the last draft, though. Justin Anderson, RHJ and especially Bobby Portis would have been nice to have right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't even consider that trade if I were the Spurs. Would have traded Kyle for the 19th pick in the last draft, though. Justin Anderson, RHJ and especially Bobby Portis would have been nice to have right now.
    RHJ and Justin Anderson have both looked pretty solid so far. Really wanted RHJ to be honest, was dissapointed we didn't trade up for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Spurs trading Butler for Ellington.

Spurs perspective: Ellington is in the mold of Mason, Neal and Belinelli, which is to say, a more versatile shooter and better ball handler than Butler. He's also in his prime, inexpensive and makes sense as the fourth wing going forward.

Nets perspective: Lessen their luxury tax bill, open up more playing time for younger wings, plus a roster spot that can ultimately be used on a D-League standout.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed, solid picks, but don't the Spurs lack shooting off the bench since Marco left? Kyle doesn't exactly shoot better even after a year training with Chip Engelland. Rasual Butler looks done after a solid preseason (though it's only six games into the season, so take my statement with a grain of salt). Kyle gives the Spurs rebounding and better court vision, but Diaw and Ginobili fill that need. I'm not worried the team relies on two-pointers to win games, but another shooter wouldn't hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed, solid picks, but don't the Spurs lack shooting off the bench since Marco left? Kyle doesn't exactly shoot better even after a year training with Chip Engelland. Rasual Butler looks done after a solid preseason (though it's only six games into the season, so take my statement with a grain of salt). Kyle gives the Spurs rebounding and better court vision, but Diaw and Ginobili fill that need. I'm not worried the team relies on two-pointers to win games, but another shooter wouldn't hurt.
    THJ has not played a game for Atlanta. Just collecting DNP-CDs there. I don't consider him better than Butler. Anderson has a price on his roster spot, but THJ just doesn't meet it.

Thread Information