Page 128 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like LAL, LAC, BOS, PHI, and CLE could construct better offers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like LAL, LAC, BOS, PHI, and CLE could construct better offers.
    I'd say could for LAC, PHi, BOS. Not so sure about CLE or LAL. But the key is WOULD they?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say could for LAC, PHi, BOS. Not so sure about CLE or LAL. But the key is WOULD they?
    All of those could and a few of them will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of those could and a few of them will.
    Hope it works out that way...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope it works out that way...
    Me too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re right about Lakers. I just don’t see what they could possibly offer that could beat one of those other teams. CLE is interesting if they build a package around Love and Brooklyn pick (toss in Osman and Zizic). I like the flexibility of being able to repackage Love later, keep him, or make the deal a 3 way deal like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb6hpesu

(CLE and Knicks send 8 and 9 to Spurs)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7aoe3sd

Here's a trade I like longer term and I think it makes us more compe ive next year as well.

We should get the LA pick frm Philly and give the Celts a 1st from our ledger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7aoe3sd

Here's a trade I like longer term and I think it makes us more compe ive next year as well.

We should get the LA pick frm Philly and give the Celts a 1st from our ledger.
    Interesting. I’m not that high on Rozier, but even if I were I’m scared of being the team that offers him his next deal this coming year. I’d love Tatum instead but know that’s a tall order.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I’m not that high on Rozier, but even if I were I’m scared of being the team that offers him his next deal this coming year. I’d love Tatum instead but know that’s a tall order.
    That's fair on the rozier salary. I like Tatum as well if we did a straight deal with Boston. I know this isn't a popular opinion but, I'd take Hayward if if could move pau to them as part of the package.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m also wondering what Love fetches these days. Like as part of this deal (which would also include Nets pick to spurs), would Clips part with both picks for Love? What if spurs gave them 18?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7qn9ocu

Spurs would be armed with 8, 12, 13 to move up or keep, some solid young prospects, and Harris.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 trades, done at the draft.

1) SAS out : Kawhi, LAL out: Ball, Ingram, #25 pick after selection (has to be after selection, because of cap rules), Zubac
    Why: LAL gets Kawhi, SAS gets assets
    then
    2) SAS out : Ball, Mills, Pau CHA out: Kemba, Batum
    Why: because I want no part of the Ball madness, and Mills and Pau are bad contracts for us. We get a starter level PG that we desperately need, and IMO, Batum's contract is actually salvageable. They get their PG of the future (Ball), and out from Batum's contract - esp. as Pau has only $6M guaranteed after next year...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a Kemba fan, but even if i were he’s gonna want a big pay day as he’s in his last year. So if he walks for a better deal or more desirable location elsewhere, we’re essentially left with nothing to show for Leonard.

That is why there has to be something in terms of picks or cost controlled young peices like Tatum, Brown, Saric, etc. included.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a Kemba fan, but even if i were he’s gonna want a big pay day as he’s in his last year. So if he walks for a better deal or more desirable location elsewhere, we’re essentially left with nothing to show for Leonard.

That is why there has to be something in terms of picks or cost controlled young peices like Tatum, Brown, Saric, etc. included.
    Except you know, Ingram #25, Zubac and having dumped 2 bad contracts (Gasoft, Fifty) for a workable one (Batum). Also, we should recognize that we are going to have to pay someone, and a good, prime age (28-31 for a 4 year contract) PG is a pretty appropriate guy to pay...

Seriously
    C: Aldridge/Zubac/ ?Milutinov?
    SF/PF ?Gay?/?Anderson?/Batum/Ingram/?Bertans (for the vet min)?
    SG Green (no he's not going to opt out, and with a PG who can has 3 offensive tools, drive, pass, shoot, he will look at lot better),
    PG Walker, Dejounte, White

Add #18 and #25, and a full MLE FA - say Tyreke Evans. Looks pretty solid to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m also wondering what Love fetches these days. Like as part of this deal (which would also include Nets pick to spurs), would Clips part with both picks for Love? What if spurs gave them 18?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7qn9ocu

Spurs would be armed with 8, 12, 13 to move up or keep, some solid young prospects, and Harris.
    I don't think the clips give up picks and Harris for love. I so think you could get the picks for live and the #18 though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question for the CBA guru's: can the pelicans sign and trade cousins or are they prohibited?

I saw this morning where they are discussing offering him a 2 year deal at less than the max. If their discussions become toxic could they sign and trade him to a team that doesn't have enough cap space like the spurs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question for the CBA guru's: can the pelicans sign and trade cousins or are they prohibited?

I saw this morning where they are discussing offering him a 2 year deal at less than the max. If their discussions become toxic could they sign and trade him to a team that doesn't have enough cap space like the spurs?
    Someone here will have the definitive answer, but if I recall correctly they could, but fewer teams/players found it appealing because under the new rules the sign and trade wouldn’t come with the higher annual bonuses it once did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone here will have the definitive answer, but if I recall correctly they could, but fewer teams/players found it appealing because under the new rules the sign and trade wouldn’t come with the higher annual bonuses it once did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...spurs-make-nba

Dropping this here....

I'll add...Kevin Pelton is the worst analytical guy espn has ever employed in my opinion. Just awful takes on everything and I'm not just saying this because of his dumb-founded trade proposal here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dropping this here....

I'll add...Kevin Pelton is the worst analytical guy espn has ever employed in my opinion. Just awful takes on everything and I'm not just saying this because of his dumb-founded trade proposal here.
    OMG that's Central.

And yes, Pelton is terrible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dropping this here....

Awful, minus the Sixer one. Flutz, Saric, and Laker Pick isn’t bad at all, and Philly might actually be a team that would want Mills as part of a larger deal. Philly also has a number of enticing 2nd rounders and stashes pickes like Bolden and AP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question: can an expiring 2018 contract be included in a trade on draft night?

In this hypothetical trade below, could Baynes be used even if he becomes a UFA on July 1? (I’m assuming the trigger for the trade is Spurs swap 18 as part of the deal).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y86zk6kl

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beal & Oubre & 15 for Kawhi & Mills

???

Just brainstorming

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question: can an expiring 2018 contract be included in a trade on draft night?

In this hypothetical trade below, could Baynes be used even if he becomes a UFA on July 1? (I’m assuming the trigger for the trade is Spurs swap 18 as part of the deal).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y86zk6kl
    Don't take this as the gospel, but I don't think you can include him in the trade except for on the trade machine for balancing purposes. However, when his salary comes off the books they can absorb salary from us in an unbalanced way so in essence they could still do that deal without including baynes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol (2/$32M; 23.5M guaranteed) and 18 for Fournier (3/$51M)? Not sure I'd do it, but it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone: They'd get out from Gasol and fill a need in the back court, essentially redistributing their 3rd highest salary in the process.

They could then use the MLE on a center, such as Dedmon (p/o), Nogueira (RFA), Len or Baynes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't take this as the gospel, but I don't think you can include him in the trade except for on the trade machine for balancing purposes. However, when his salary comes off the books they can absorb salary from us in an unbalanced way so in essence they could still do that deal without including baynes
    I see. Yeah the idea here would just be for salary matching purposes. Not actually interested in keeping Baynes, in fact I prefer the cap space. Put differently Tatum + Brown + ~5 capspace.

Thread Information