Page 119 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco was one of the worst players in the league last season and his absence played a big role in the spurs having a better defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco was one of the worst players in the league last season and his absence played a big role in the spurs having a better defense.
    ppl still claim for him here as if he was going to be some savior.
    Listen all (not you objective)... even shooting red hot, as he's unlikely to ever shoot in a playoff series again, he was soooo bad on defense that he was unable to swing it our way with the Clippers. He might have been another player made better by Ginobili. With a bad Manu, he would be no better than Mills, likely worse bc Mills make hustle plays at least, coming up with a rebound or a loose ball or steal occasionally, Marco does none of that. Do not want Marco back.
    I would rather take a flyer on Bertans for a shooter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans if healthy would be a much better option as a shooter.

Even without guaranteed health, I'd take him over the aging and declining Marco

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ppl still claim for him here as if he was going to be some savior.
    Listen all (not you objective)... even shooting red hot, as he's unlikely to ever shoot in a playoff series again, he was soooo bad on defense that he was unable to swing it our way with the Clippers. He might have been another player made better by Ginobili. With a bad Manu, he would be no better than Mills, likely worse bc Mills make hustle plays at least, coming up with a rebound or a loose ball or steal occasionally, Marco does none of that. Do not want Marco back.
    I would rather take a flyer on Bertans for a shooter.
    Thank you

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes casspi is the sweetener of the deal. Otherwise what team will trade for Marco when he criticized his own team in public. Only Spurs may have interest and Marco's contract has 2 years left and combining the payroll for casspi, it is still a reasonable package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good haul for Teague.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good trade for both

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ....so much for the Diaw/Patty swap & Collison just got arrest so the pickings are slim as far as backup PG upgrades.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....so much for the Diaw/Patty swap & Collison just got arrest so the pickings are slim as far as backup PG upgrades.
    Chances were already slim as it is. Just got even slimmer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as offseason trades goes, there are 2 players who are in the last year of their contracts (and therefore somewhat cheaper), either of whom I would be very interested in trading for:

George Hill (30 years old, $8,000,000 this year = Boris)
    Tyreke Evans (26 years old, $10,203,755 this year = Boris + filler ($1,163,004.00 of salaries...))

Both are creative combo guards with very strong assist rates. Both have the ability to drive, and have become above average 3 pt shoots ( .408 and .388 3fg% last year). Both are long (6'9" and 6'11" wingspans) and relatively athletic, allowing them to guard 2 or 3 positions with some success.

The question of course, is what we would have to include as enticements? This years first? Next years first? LJC?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine LJC having any value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would consider moving Mills to Phily for one of their late 1st rounders. This draft has some prospects that could be at rotation level in a couple years.

Spurs would have a hole at PG but the end of roster would possibly be filled with prospects as opposed to guys in their mid 30's. Makes most since if Duncan and Manu both come back, in that event the Spurs would not really be able to improve the roster much anyway but for 2017 we would have five players likely making less than $1.5 million ( 2 1st rounders, Simmons, Anderson, and Bertans). Spurs would have LMA, Green, Leonard, Parker, and possibly Boban that would mean 10 players under would already be under contract

I would take Tauren Prince and Petr Corneille/ Stephen Zimmerman assuming they are available at 24th/ 26th and the 29th pick

PG-Parker
    SG-Green, Manu, Simmons
    SF-Leonard, Prince, Bertans
    PF-LMA, Diaw, Anderson
    C- Duncan, West, Boban

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    George Hill (30 years old, $8,000,000 this year = Boris)
    Tyreke Evans (26 years old, $10,203,755 this year = Boris + filler ($1,163,004.00 of salaries...))

Both are creative combo guards with very strong assist rates. Both have the ability to drive, and have become above average 3 pt shoots ( .408 and .388 3fg% last year). Both are long (6'9" and 6'11" wingspans) and relatively athletic, allowing them to guard 2 or 3 positions with some success.

Nobody has associated "creativity" w/ G.Hill & Tyreke's 38% three point shooting is as legit as Simmons.

Hill has turned into the Klay Thompson of point guards who is basically a glorified 3 & D player.

Hill was a consistent off-ball threat. So much so that the now 30-year-old shot 44.9 percent on catch-and-shoot three-pointers this season, which trailed only Stephen Curry, J.J. Re , Kawhi Leonard, and Kyle Lowry (minimum 300 points scored off the pass).

Tyreke is an injury prone, low IQ player who would make Turnobili proud. (He's a bigger version of Lance Stephenson)

Tyreke Evans' coach drew up a game-winning play and Evans forgot about it 10 seconds later
    #1: https://vine.co/v/iAw9YjwivH9

#2: https://vine.co/v/iAwEwA3LgJm
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 06-11-2016 at 06:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but he's an athlete though!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...0765#p47880765

The same group of people who act like the Spurs should be grateful if they can dump Green for 26 think Parker for 14 would be non-optimal offer. I'm not going to bash them, because I hope they're right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assumed the Utah rumor was related to Danny Green. Green for 12 and Burke seems fair. But the rumor is more interesting if Parker in in view.

Relative to the Philly discussion in this thread: Parker to Philly for 24 and 26 also seems fair. Parker makes a lot of sense for Philly, especially if they land both Simmons and Dunn in the draft. Each player will need a veteran mentor. Because of their abundance of cap space and the likely move of Okafor, I wonder if Philly would look at Parker + Diaw for 24, 26, and Covington.

(The 76ers could come out of this offseason with a strong team. Odds are always against trades, but deals like 24 and 26 for Parker, or Okafor to NO for 6 (Dunn), or Noel + next year's lottery pick(s) for Jimmy Butler would quickly improve the team.)

Curious to see if Spurs push all in for Durant + Boban + Gasol by moving both Parker and Green, which, combined with loss of Boris and Duncan would give them enough space to sign all three free agents.

There are problems with the above scenarios, obviously. Four first round draft picks, for example. Although using 12 on a quality player and getting at least two players to stash between 24, 26, and 29 isn't terrible. Or moving two or more of the late firsts for another pick in the teens....there are worse problems to have than too many first round draft picks.
    Last edited by tav1; 06-17-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assumed the Utah rumor was related to Danny Green. Green for 12 and Burke seems fair. But the rumor is more interesting if Parker in in view.

Relative to the Philly discussion in this thread: Parker to Philly for 24 and 26 also seems fair. Parker makes a lot of sense for Philly, especially if they land both Simmons and Dunn in the draft. Each player will need a veteran mentor. Because of their abundance of cap space and the likely move of Okafor, I wonder if Philly would look at Parker + Diaw for 24, 26, and Covington.

(The 76ers could come out of this offseason with a strong team. Odds are always against trades, but deals like 24 and 26 for Parker, or Okafor to NO for 6 (Dunn), or Noel + next year's lottery pick(s) for Jimmy Butler would quickly improve the team.)

Curious to see if Spurs push all in for Durant + Boban + Gasol by moving both Parker and Green, which, combined with loss of Boris and Duncan would give them enough space to sign all three free agents.

There are problems with the above scenarios, obviously. Four first round draft picks, for example. Although using 12 on a quality player and getting at least two players to stash between 24, 26, and 29 isn't terrible. Or moving two or more of the late firsts for another pick in the teens....there are worse problems to have than too many first round draft picks.
    very interesting write up. I like it and it does sound plausible from all angles. I don't like the addition of the aging pau gasol though. But in this scenario Philly definitely would upgrade their team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago as a TP landing spot is interesting especially if the Bulls are looking to part with Rose. I can't get a read on that organization, but i imagine they're trying to show Butler they're serious about building around him.

I don't think a package around 14 and TP is unreasonable from either side. Or they could skip the pick route and trade Parker for a Taj rental and McDermott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In an effort to avoid the trolls and go nowhere name calling on the forum I'd like to discuss some realistic trade possibilities for the spurs if they do decide to trade Lamarcus.

I think New York is in a win now mode with Carmelo getting older. We could get Porzingis looking toward the future. We would have to take Rose to make the salary work but if Pop could limit his minutes he might avoid injury. Bring Parker off the bench and it might work out.

New York would probably like this because Carmelo and Aldridge can both shoot. They could ride the hot hand either night and Carmelo wouldn't have to play the 4.

Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In an effort to avoid the trolls and go nowhere name calling on the forum I'd like to discuss some realistic trade possibilities for the spurs if they do decide to trade Lamarcus.

I think New York is in a win now mode with Carmelo getting older. We could get Porzingis looking toward the future. We would have to take Rose to make the salary work but if Pop could limit his minutes he might avoid injury. Bring Parker off the bench and it might work out.

New York would probably like this because Carmelo and Aldridge can both shoot. They could ride the hot hand either night and Carmelo wouldn't have to play the 4.

Thoughts?
    LMA is not going anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thoughts?
    No chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is not going anywhere.
    I agree. I'm talking hypothetical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think we could get?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical of course, but here are some thoughts if things go south this season:

1. Boston: Nets 2017 1st round pick + Jaylen Brown + Amir Johnson
    2. Suns: Miami 2018 1st + Eric Bledsoe
    3. Chicago: kings 2017 1st round pick + Bulls 2017 1st + robin Lopez+ Valentine
    4. Chicago: jimmy straight up + filler
    5. Philly: all sorts of fun possibilities but philly at different place
    6. Denver: Memphis 2017 1st + jokic + Wilson chandler + filler

Thread Information