Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    Nope. I can order food, hit on a stripper, or cuss somebody out in it, but I have never been any good at conversation in it.
    What's your background, if you don't mind me asking?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    My background in Spanish? No one in my family speaks it, and neither did my friends growing up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nope. I can order food, hit on a stripper, or cuss somebody out in it, but I have never been any good at conversation in it.
    Donde estan mis pantalones?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    My background in Spanish? No one in my family speaks it, and neither did my friends growing up.
    I was actually just asking if you were a gringo or something...lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I was actually just asking if you were a gringo or something...lol
    I'm descended from this guy, so yeah

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm descended from this guy, so yeah

Neat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Donde estan mis pantalones?
    Callate. Puedes tenerlos despues de termine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    While hard work is absolutely necessary to master a subject, it is by no means sufficient. To use math as an example, if your brain isn't wired with strong imaging abilities, you will never get anywhere in it.

Sadly, that's the at ude in America; that doubling your effort cures all and that you're just lazy if you can't do something. I remember a Spanish class I took in college; a lousy freshman level class that almost everyone did well in. However, I have a horrible ap ude for learning natural languages. I spent a ridiculous amount of time studying for this class, not just for the grade, but because I really wanted to learn it badly. I practiced conversation with native speakers outside of class, watched Spanish TV, did every single exercise in the book, and the best I could pull was a B+. Meanwhile, I'd put 1/10th of the effort into my supposedly murderous senior and graduate level classes in topology, real analysis, computer architecture, algorithms, abstract algebra, etc and did far better.
    I'm not talking about those fellows that are below 2 standard deviations from

the mean. I don't consider myself to be smart when it comes to math.

Believe it or not, just by working my ass of I pulled a 100 in calculus AB the

2nd semester. When we used to go over the topic in class, mostly

integration, i used to be lost. But I used to have others and the teacher help

me better understand stuff outside of class. I by no means am a quick

learner, probably 2 times as slow, but making the highest grade in the class

is a testament to the fact that hardwork > All.

Oh and to your language problems. Its not just you, i think language falls outside of the spectrum. Surprisingly, the best students of a language perform the worst outside of it. I don't even know why we have to anyways, its quite pointless to be frank.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yea I saw this on yahoo and just rolled my eyes.

Rote memorization and regurgitation is not an indication of intellectual ap ude.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I took one online a few months ago, you know, one of those advertisements on the side of some websites. I was bored at work. scored a 144 I think or somewhere around there. The tests are bull (not saying I should have scored higher or anything).

I work with guys that have PHD's in all kinds of fields (Southwest Research Ins ute) and have some of the highest IQ's around but yet they cant figure out why their wireless mouse isnt working until you show them how to change the ing batteries.

On a side note, anyone remember one of the first episodes of "Who wants to be a millionare" when Regis was hosting it? It was one with some guy from mensa. He got like the 4th or 5th question wrong. One of those rediculously easy ones. So much for your high IQ dumbass

Thread Information