Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I need a nice Bonsai tree fast for a mother's day gift. Where in san antonio can you get one?

Home Depot seems to have some decent ones on their website, but I don't know if they have them in their local stores.

There was a bonsai seller on the corner of lockhill-selma and huebner for about a week, but just when I decided to stop by and check them out, he was gone...
    Last edited by Bender; 05-02-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: where can you get Bonsai trees in San Antonio?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not sure if it's still there, but there used to be a place out on 87 (Rigsby) on the way to LaVernia.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    oh yeah, I think I went to that place a long time ago... way back in the early 1990s.

Looking more for places actually in town that sell them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    On weekends there is a little stand on the intersection of Vance Jackson and Huebner at a corner store that sells them.

I've never stopped to look but often see them as I'm passing by. But it is usually only on the weekends during the day (before 6)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    On weekends there is a little stand on the intersection of Vance Jackson and Huebner at a corner store that sells them.
    There was a bonsai seller on the corner of lockhill-selma and huebner for about a week, but just when I decided to stop by and check them out, he was gone...
    I guess that was the place I was talking about. just got my intersections mixed up. That guy used to be there during the week, because I drove by several times during my lunch hour.
    Maybe I'll shoot by there tomorrow Saturday and see if he is there. Thanks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I guess that was the place I was talking about. just got my intersections mixed up. That guy used to be there during the week, because I drove by several times during my lunch hour.
    Maybe I'll shoot by there tomorrow Saturday and see if he is there. Thanks.
    Yeah its possible. Hope you can catch them!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There's a shop at La Villita where you can get them too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    yup! Vance Jackson and Huebner!

ask the quike mart when they show up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    vance and huebner had them on wednesday there. also, i seem them medical and fredericksburg.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Air Force Falcons
    This thread le is racist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This thread le is racist.
    LJ, FTW

Seriously, though, is this a hobby of your mom's? If it isn't, what you are doing is the equivalent of buying her a pet without asking. Bonsai aren't genetically mutant small sequ plants. They take work. Some cannot survive year round indoors. They need to be trimmed periodically. They need to be shaped by cloth wrapped wire. They need root prunings every couple of years, and occasional re-potting. They aren't like a small potted plant that you just water occasionally.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah dude at vance jackson/huebner... used to live in the neighborhood right there at lockhill selma/huebner and would always see that dude selling those bonsai trees when i drove to work towards ih-10. he might still be around but i live on the other side of town now so i don't know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    actually, it's for my wife. She just LOVES messing around with all of her plants and taking care of them. During 16 years of marriage, for mother's day I've gotten her plenty of nice watches, bracelets, necklaces, digital cameras, etc etc... this time I want to get something different...

I have zero interest in plants myself.

Sometimes I almost need a machete to get through certain areas of our house.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    San Antonio Bonsai Society
    PO Box 39161
    San Antonio, TX 78218
    http://bonsai-satx.org/Bonsai/Welcome.html

Pres: Donna Dobberfuhl
    [email protected]
    I think this is her number: 326-0860

Vice Pres: Oscar Gonzalez
    [email protected]

The man in the boat
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I need a nice Bonsai tree fast for a mother's day gift. Where in san antonio can you get one?

Home Depot seems to have some decent ones on their website, but I don't know if they have them in their local stores.

There is a bonsai shop of some sort near Wimberly Texas.

http://www.wimberley-tx.com/~bonsaijg/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    went to the dude on the corner of vance jackson and huebner. His plants were kind of expensive, everything I liked was marked $95 or more. found a smaller one I liked and it looked like the price tag said $35 but it was hard to read, so I asked how much it was and he said "65 for today".
    so I left and went up to home depot on I-10 and de zavala. asked the woman in the nursery area if they sold bonsai trees/plants, and then I mentioned that home depot has them on their website. She had no idea what a bonsai tree was. so I gave her the "do you work here in the nursery?" question, and she said yes, then she changed her mind and said "uh, no".
    so I left there also. I guess when Home Depot hires people for the nursery area, they ask if the prospective employee has any knowledge about plants, and if the answer is "no, not at all", they will say "You're hired!"

so here I am back home with no bonsai tree.

might have to get one thru the mail, with 3-day shipping.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Im sure I saw a shop in Ingram mall that has Bonzai tree's but that was several months ago, dont know if its still there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    actually, it's for my wife. She just LOVES messing around with all of her plants and taking care of them. During 16 years of marriage, for mother's day I've gotten her plenty of nice watches, bracelets, necklaces, digital cameras, etc etc... this time I want to get something different...

I have zero interest in plants myself.

Sometimes I almost need a machete to get through certain areas of our house.
    Have you considered getting her a cactus that blooms flowers? I don't know the official word for it, just a suggestion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    just ordered a bonsai Braided Money Tree online. Glad that's over with.

Thread Information