Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Toddler Elise Tan-Roberts Is Nearly as Smart as Einstein
    By TARYN WINTER BRILL and IMAEYEN IBANGA
    May 1, 2009

The majority of parents believe their children are geniuses, but toddler Elise Tan-Roberts has the official seal of approval to back up the boast..

Two-year-old British toddler becomes the youngest member of Mensa.At 2 years and 4 months old, Elise becomes the youngest member ever of the high IQ fraternity Mensa .

How Smart Is She?
    Not only does Elise know her shapes, but the London resident also can count in Spanish. But her favorite thing to do is recite world capitals.
    She knows 35 of them, including Paris,Tokyo and Washington D.C.

Little Elise's IQ is an astonishing 156. Compare that to Albert Einstein's 160, and you realize just how smart Elise really is considering she still has so much to learn.

Though Mensa can only test people older than 10, Elise was accepted because of a previous "evidence application" that confirmed her IQ score was within the top 2 percent of the population, according to British Mensa's Web site.
    Before Elise took Mensa's youngest-ever honors, the le of youngest female ever admitted to Mensa was held by Georgia Brown. Georgia had been the youngest girl when she joined in 2007 at 1,041 days old. The youngest boy and youngest member ever accepted was Ben Woods, who joined Mensa in the 1990s at 1,035 days old, according to Mensa's Web site.

Elise was 845 days old when she joined the international high IQ club.

see video: http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=7477763

British Bombs s
    Elise is just the latest Brit to make headlines across the pond. The first was "Britain's Got Talent" contestant Susan Boyle, who underwhelmed people with her unkempt looks but overwhelmed them with her remarkable singing voice.
    Boyle became the instant favorite to win the television compe ion. Soon her face appeared on tabloids and television shows around the world.

Then on the same popular British TV show where "American Idol's" Simon Cowell serves as a judge, 12-year-old Shaheen Jafargholi wowed audiences with his bombastic pipes.

The trio is helping to make a big splash outside its native United Kingdom. It leaves some to wonder just how much talent does Britain have?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7475796&page=1

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There are many ST posters that are smarter than her.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There are many ST posters that are smarter than her.
    indeed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    coul be After Life i heard about it on the news its when somone way back dies then gets reborn in a diffrent body , but you dont remmber your 1st life.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Load of horse .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought this was about B2B's kid, NM.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    What an insult to Einstien.

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    How the do you assign an IQ number to someone who can't take an IQ test? "Evidence application" my ass. Not to mention, toddlers are at a developmental stage that allows them to memorize ing everything - does this mean that the kid who used to go on Leno and recite world leaders is going to find the cure for cancer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    coul be After Life i heard about it on the news its when somone way back dies then gets reborn in a diffrent body , but you dont remmber your 1st life.
    I think that's called reincarnation. You should start a thread asking if people believe in it.

She sounds like a very well-trained toddler, but that doesn't make her brilliant. Lots of little kids are bilingual and know their shapes and numbers.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think that's called reincarnation. You should start a thread asking if people believe in it.

She sounds like a very well-trained toddler, but that doesn't make her brilliant. Lots of little kids are bilingual and know their shapes and numbers.
    Summers!!! .........

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    is she also a Utah Jazz fan like kori in her mensa days?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    When I was 20, I took the MENSA test just for fun, to see if I could make it

I did, quite easily on my first try.... but never went back or attended any of their events. i wanted no part of the group lol

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Sure you did.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    jealous?

i just tried this exercise, naming world capitals, and i only got 32. but that's without any refresher just off the top of my head, i know a lot more than 32 if i had multiple choice or at least refreshed my memory a bit

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When I was 20, I took the MENSA test just for fun, to see if I could make it

I did, quite easily on my first try.... but never went back or attended any of their events. i wanted no part of the group lol
    bull ! you have to be the dumbest mother er on this forum. Mensa my ass

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    prove it, little boy.

posters like you just throw insults without any argument. just like a little child

I challenge you to prove it. Let's go.

you can't.

you are just an anal raped little poster who hates "MiamiHeat" and thus is ruled by your emotions in your body. Your dislike/hate makes you type crap that isn't true and you have no evidence of "you are dumb/ /whatever"

would be wasting my time with a person like you. too many of you on planet earth.
    Last edited by MiamiHeat; 05-01-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    something else about IQ tests -

I think IQ tests need a change

the new population of internet users, etc.. is going to create a lot more people who score higher on IQ tests.

a new way to test people, new boundaries and classifications are needed for the new generation of google users.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    something else about IQ tests -

I think IQ tests need a change

the new population of internet users, etc.. is going to create a lot more people who score higher on IQ tests.

a new way to test people, new boundaries and classifications are needed for the new generation of google users.
    The interwebs aren't going to have any impact on the IQ test at all.

I think the test is silly and that people put way too much stock in the little number, so I'd be okay with either adjusting the IQ test or its importance, but it's not a measure of what you know. It's entirely a measure of one's potential to learn. Google isn't going to help anyone with random sequencing or visual comprehension.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    bull ! you have to be the dumbest mother er on this forum. Mensa my ass
    The Mensa test isn't that hard. Here's a short representation of one of their tests from their website:
    http://www.mensa.org/workout2.php

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i hate then they use phrases like "she was only 845 days old" Like just say she was 2 jezze..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This doesn't mean anything btw. IQ is a load of horse . They will have an easier time understanding higher conceptual mathematics like calculus, but the kid that spends 2 times as long will be just as smart.

It comes down to hardwork, which is why i never pay attention to IQ tests. Its too vague, how the do you know what a 15 y o SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T know?

Mental age/Physical age = IQ.

50 years ago they didn't learn a lot of the stuff we are now , as early. 50 years from now the kids will know stuff at an earlier stage also. It is entirely dependent on what we learn.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This doesn't mean anything btw. IQ is a load of horse . They will have an easier time understanding higher conceptual mathematics like calculus, but the kid that spends 2 times as long will be just as smart.

It comes down to hardwork, which is why i never pay attention to IQ tests. Its too vague, how the do you know what a 15 y o SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T know?

Mental age/Physical age = IQ.

50 years ago they didn't learn a lot of the stuff we are now , as early. 50 years from now the kids will know stuff at an earlier stage also. It is entirely dependent on what we learn.
    While hard work is absolutely necessary to master a subject, it is by no means sufficient. To use math as an example, if your brain isn't wired with strong imaging abilities, you will never get anywhere in it.

Sadly, that's the at ude in America; that doubling your effort cures all and that you're just lazy if you can't do something. I remember a Spanish class I took in college; a lousy freshman level class that almost everyone did well in. However, I have a horrible ap ude for learning natural languages. I spent a ridiculous amount of time studying for this class, not just for the grade, but because I really wanted to learn it badly. I practiced conversation with native speakers outside of class, watched Spanish TV, did every single exercise in the book, and the best I could pull was a B+. Meanwhile, I'd put 1/10th of the effort into my supposedly murderous senior and graduate level classes in topology, real analysis, computer architecture, algorithms, abstract algebra, etc and did far better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    While hard work is absolutely necessary to master a subject, it is by no means sufficient. To use math as an example, if your brain isn't wired with strong imaging abilities, you will never get anywhere in it.

Sadly, that's the at ude in America; that doubling your effort cures all and that you're just lazy if you can't do something. I remember a Spanish class I took in college; a lousy freshman level class that almost everyone did well in. However, I have a horrible ap ude for learning natural languages. I spent a ridiculous amount of time studying for this class, not just for the grade, but because I really wanted to learn it badly. I practiced conversation with native speakers outside of class, watched Spanish TV, did every single exercise in the book, and the best I could pull was a B+. Meanwhile, I'd put 1/10th of the effort into my supposedly murderous senior and graduate level classes in topology, real analysis, computer architecture, algorithms, abstract algebra, etc and did far better.
    Baseline Bum don't you come from a background that speaks spanish? I always asummed you could speak it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Baseline Bum don't you come from a background that speaks spanish? I always asummed you could speak it.
    Nope. I can order food, hit on a stripper, or cuss somebody out in it, but I have never been any good at conversation in it.

Thread Information