Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Randolph is the player who should be traded. He wouldn't fit next to Griffin at all. Keeping Kaman and Camby could be a good way to ease Griffin into the NBA. That would allow him to concentrate mostly on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Randolph be a good addition to the Spurs? Hmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kaman and Randolph are the ones the Clips would love to trade. I really don't think they'll be able to trade Randolph, unless they can somehow convince Florida International's new coach that Z-Bo still has NCAA eligibility left.

The only way Camby gets traded in the last year of a cheap/manageable contract is if the Clips decide they want long-term dollars instead of cap relief next off-season. That...just doesn't sound like the Clippers to me.

So, if you think Kaman =/> the "2010 plan" you try and get it, shipping out whatever expiring contracts add up and rolling with the big 3, the ghost of Michael Finley, George Hill, Roger Mason and roster filler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that they would much rather trade Randolph and keep Kaman. However, I also agree that it will be very hard, if not impossible, to get someone to take Randolph's contract. As has also been mentioned, keeping Camby's contract would be a better course of action than trading it if you're simply trying to save money. If you're working on the assumption that Donald Sterling is a cheapskate and wants to shed salary (and let's be honest, that's a fair assumption to make), then Kaman seems to be the best combination of savings and tradeability.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's less likely that the clippers will trade kaman now. spurs definitely don't want randolph. black hole in offense and plays no defense. camby may be pried away for just expiring contracts but i rather roll the dice on mahinmi, cut bowen and oberto for cap space, then use the full MLE to pursue a FA (wing or center). then sign and draft as many wings as possible with the leftover money and hope one of them can play solid defense without a completely unworkable offense.

spurs will only have two viable wing players next year in mason and ginobili. everyone will be holding their breath during ginobili's season so the spurs will need at least 3 more wing players coming in. kaman would have been too good to pass up but now it seems the clips will keep him as long as they can jettison camby or randolph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's less likely that the clippers will trade kaman now. spurs definitely don't want randolph. black hole in offense and plays no defense. camby may be pried away for just expiring contracts but i rather roll the dice on mahinmi, cut bowen and oberto for cap space, then use the full MLE to pursue a FA (wing or center). then sign and draft as many wings as possible with the leftover money and hope one of them can play solid defense without a completely unworkable offense.

spurs will only have two viable wing players next year in mason and ginobili. everyone will be holding their breath during ginobili's season so the spurs will need at least 3 more wing players coming in. kaman would have been too good to pass up but now it seems the clips will keep him as long as they can jettison camby or randolph.
    Why would the Clippers trade Camby ( an expiring contract ) for just expiring contracts? They'll be looking to trade Randolph and Kaman, not Camby, unless some team offers them a deal they can't refuse, which could be a talented player or partially guaranteed contracts, such as Stackhouse's if the Clips decide to just minimize payroll. Our best offer could be including Bowen's and Oberto's, but there are team that can offer much more than us, so I doubt they'd be in a hurry to deal with us.

Besides they simply don't trade with the Spurs lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Clippers trade Camby ( an expiring contract ) for just expiring contracts? They'll be looking to trade Randolph and Kaman, not Camby, unless some team offers them a deal they can't refuse, which could be a talented player or partially guaranteed contracts, such as Stackhouse's if the Clips decide to just minimize payroll. Our best offer could be including Bowen's and Oberto's, but there are team that can offer much more than us, so I doubt they'd be in a hurry to deal with us.

Besides they simply don't trade with the Spurs lol
    if they want stackhouse's partially guaranteed contract, they would want bowen and oberto's partially guaranteed contracts as well. it's even better since it would instantly save them around $4 million and clear up some cap space. clips will want to keep kaman because once camby's contract is up, they will have no center than plays defense other than kaman. they will trade randolph first if they can but might settle for letting camby go for money and more playing time for griffin and jordan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman is probably a top 5 overrated player in the NBA, I've been saying this for a while now..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sincerely hope the Spurs don't trade for Kaman. It would be the kiss of death for a franchise already on life support.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camby fits if you look at his numbers and playing style. I'd be happy with him, and perhaps then we can renew him for MLE money for a few years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sincerely hope the Spurs don't trade for Kaman. It would be the kiss of death for a franchise already on life support.
    Who is better, Bonner or Kaman?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i posted this in another thread:

kaman is the best option. clippers don't want him, that's why they sacrificed expiring contracts in 2010 to acquire randolph. they also will probably let camby's contract expire to ease their cap situation. trading expiring contracts for camby, who is already on an expiring contract doesn't make much sense. they have three centers that are starter quality and kaman's contract runs the longest, into the year that thorton would become a RFA.

i think kaman can still develop. playing on the clippers can kill your motivation. he defends, has decent speed for his position, blocks quite a few shots, and can score. the only downside would be killing the 2010 plan and potentially burdening the spurs' cap situation for years to come. however, if kaman can stay healthy, spurs will never have to look for a supporting bigman for duncan ever again.
    I am very skeptical about Kaman with his contract, but after looking back at what his contract includes, he won't be traded ever. Check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2641609

"And it also includes a "trade kicker" that would give the center a 15 percent raise -- a maximum value of $7.5 million -- if he were dealt to another team. For Kaman, that's insurance he'll be staying in L.A., or at worst, compensated nicely if he's ever dealt."

Kaman is definitely not worth that much.

Sarah Palin is a Maverick freemeat's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering what other users think of Kaman as a trade option now. What do you think the Lakers would want? What would you be willing to give to get him? And what kinda contracts would you take back to make it happen?

They have a lot of contracts coming off the books this summer, so it's probably not a big deal to move him as much as Gasol or even Nash at this point. But Kaman is a free agent at the end of the season and they might be willing to take back draft picks and younger assets.

I'd part with any combination of Baynes, Ayres, DeColo, Joseph, and maybe Bonner with a first-rounder to "rent" Kaman for the remainder of the season (and hopefully re-sign this summer).

Thoughts?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A first rounder?...

No to Kaman...not even for straight expirings. The Spurs do not need a plodding big man on the wrong side of 30, they need a backup SF or a SF/small ball PF type player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering what other users think of Kaman as a trade option now. What do you think the Lakers would want? What would you be willing to give to get him? And what kinda contracts would you take back to make it happen?

They have a lot of contracts coming off the books this summer, so it's probably not a big deal to move him as much as Gasol or even Nash at this point. But Kaman is a free agent at the end of the season and they might be willing to take back draft picks and younger assets.

I'd part with any combination of Baynes, Ayres, DeColo, Joseph, and maybe Bonner with a first-rounder to "rent" Kaman for the remainder of the season (and hopefully re-sign this summer).

Thoughts?
    I'm with you, would probably not send our first but anything else, including the stashed scrubs.

Tiago is a non factor once the other teams goes small as we saw vs MIA, he can't score on smaller guys thus he's quickly turned into a cheerleader... Kaman may be a tosb but he can at least do that much...

Sarah Palin is a Maverick freemeat's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't trade our first rounder? It's not like we're going into the lottery here. I'm thinking of something like this as more of a win-now. Wouldn't you put everything on the table for one more ring, even if it meant sacrificing a year or two during re-build mode?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't trade our first rounder? It's not like we're going into the lottery here. I'm thinking of something like this as more of a win-now. Wouldn't you put everything on the table for one more ring, even if it meant sacrificing a year or two during re-build mode?
    Sure, you trade the pick for a player that appreciably moves the needle on the team's chances for a ring. Adding Kaman doesn't do that, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point in his career, this would be the equivalent of the Drew Gooden signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point in his career, this would be the equivalent of the Drew Gooden signing.

The actual Drew Gooden is waiting on a phone call and will only cost the pro-rated portion of the vet min.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The actual Drew Gooden is waiting on a phone call and will only cost the pro-rated portion of the vet min.
    Very true. Stats on stats.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kaman? seriously, dude's flat out trash imho. Matt Bonner minus 3pt shooting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Washington called:

NBA free agent forward Drew Gooden will be in Washington, D.C., tomorrow to sign a 10-day contract with Wizards, a source told Yahoo Sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington called:

NBA free agent forward Drew Gooden will be in Washington, D.C., tomorrow to sign a 10-day contract with Wizards, a source told Yahoo Sports.
    10 day contract to land his 10th team in the NBA. Too Good to be Gooden

Thread Information