My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Does the light around the 'xbox' button stay on after initially blinking a couple times?

2) help me.

here's the deal: vista knows its there for sure even though the light is off (i checked 'game controllers' in control panel which also says my controller is 'OK'), and at first downloaded updates before recognizing it like I expected. However, the light on the controller only blinks when i first insert into a usb port, and then goes off and I have yet to find any response from the controller oncesoever. I was under the impression the controller could be used as a rudimentary mousepointer even.

I want to use it for my emulators so i feel like i'm actually playing an old school game on a controller, not a keyboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Works fine for me. Did you try other USB ports? You might have e defective controller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i had to install drivers when i first got one for the pc... never tried it on my mac though. and i can't remember if the light stayed on or not.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...ategory=Gaming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thx guys ... i'm assuming the light is meant to stay on. I'm fairly sure my controller is defective

oh well i guess ...

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    thx guys ... i'm assuming the light is meant to stay on. I'm fairly sure my controller is defective

oh well i guess ...

You need to download Microsoft's specific drivers for 360 controllers.

Above link will get you the right ones.

Next, and this is not to say youre stupid, but are you using a wired controller?

Not the charger cord that comes with wireless controllers, but an actual wired controller?

If you are using a wired controller, unplug it. Download from the above link and install. After the installation is done, plug in controller. If thats a no go, try a different USB port.

Bam, done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You need to download Microsoft's specific drivers for 360 controllers.

Above link will get you the right ones.

Next, and this is not to say youre stupid, but are you using a wired controller?

Not the charger cord that comes with wireless controllers, but an actual wired controller?

If you are using a wired controller, unplug it. Download from the above link and install. After the installation is done, plug in controller. If thats a no go, try a different USB port.

Bam, done.
    light is on, button works and it responds in the game controller test area, however I still haven't found a way to get it working on my emulators.

Thanks.

Thread Information