Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thou can't Cockney block D. Nile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @

I know I'm new to the neighborhood but I've been tossing back the ale all day in anticipation of our chaps playing tonight! I've been busting my jacksie trying to find a link for the game but no luck so far. Please help thy out if ye know where I can find a link to the game so I don't miss another moment of our lads on their way to their fifth championship. Ta, mates.

Less than a month from now, lads. Less than an month and we'll be celebrating another championship. Cheers to the dogs bollocks coach there is and to all my fellow Spurs fans out there rooting the yobs on!

Toodle pip!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not very fun as trolls go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not very fun as trolls go
    I'm not sure I understand?

Listen, mucca. Sit back, lob back a pint and let's root the lads on; and somebody please send thy a link! Ta.

Welcome to the present.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just talked with a mucca of mine who said the Suns weren't even at the stadium yet. Can ye believe that!?! What in the bloody is going on!?! Can't say I wouldn't fancy a forfeit but I don't know that I've ever heard of it happening in the playoffs.

A win is a win, thy say; and I'll certainly drink to that!

toodle pip!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These games are hard dooze to watch with the time discrepancy across the pond but it's even worse when they're on the colonies west coast. Thou can't wait much longer and the wait is bloody !

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    poppy !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poppy is right! I can't believe the Suns have yet to show up. Are't thou a bunch of s, minges, hairy axe wounds, fannts, fuds, salmon canyons, badly packed kebabs, beef curtains, axe wounds, poochies or whispering eyes? Thou fancy it hogwash!

But this ney will be fine with whichever way the win comes.

Let's get em, lads! Go Spurs Go!

Forget those poofters.

Toodle pip!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was good but then you tried to hard and lost a lot of points.

Knowing when to quit is important

4/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are't thou a bunch of s, minges, hairy axe wounds, fannts, fuds, salmon canyons, badly packed kebabs, beef curtains, axe wounds, poochies or whispering eyes? Thou fancy it hogwash!
    Toodle pip!
    What he said +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4/10
    ok, so we've got Troll ratings & reviews now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4/10

Did ye post in the wrong thread, lad?

It seems there'd be more traffic on the day of a match but I guess there's a tad of time yet, so maybe that's it. Thou can't hardly contain thyself. I've been prepping with the ale for a mint 48 hours and a couple of brass flutes on me bell end haven't even been able to distract thyself!

Toodle pip and Go Spurs Go (and someone -- anyone -- help thou with a link )!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salmon canyons and badly packed kebabs?

You've gotta hand it to the neys.

He's Manu Ginobili carina_gino20's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was almost funny the first time. Almost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's 31 and 15 lead San Antonio triumph

All they have to think about now is trying to win another NBA championship.

Tim Duncan had 31 points and 15 rebounds and the Spurs' defense keyed a gamechanging 18-4 third-quarter run, giving them enough of a cushion to hold off Stoudemire and the Phoenix Suns with a 101-95 victory Wednesday night that ended the Western Conference finals in five games.

As thrilled as the Spurs are about making the Finals for the second time in three years, and third in seven, they're likely also relieved to be done with this series -- and Stoudemire.

San Antonio led 3-0 before losing Game 4 at home and certainly didn't want to go home for a Game 6 with the Suns halfway to pulling off a comeback that's unprecedented in NBA history, but fresh in the minds of sports fans after the Boston Red Sox did it last October.

The victory gives Duncan's aching ankles and Manu Ginobili's bumps and bruises plenty of time to heal while San Antonio waits to find out whether it will next face Miami or Detroit. The Heat and Pistons are tied 2-2 with Game 5 on Thursday night in Miami. The final round will start June 9, and the Spurs, who won it all in 1999 and 2003, will be the home team regardless.

Stoudemire almost kept the Suns' fabulous season alive by scoring 17 of his 42 points in the fourth quarter, several on the powerful slam dunks that have become his calling card.

His 37-point average in this series broke Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's record for a conference finals first-timer and he set the club record for consecutive playoff games with at least 30 points, doing so in all five. Phoenix hadn't even had a player score 30 points in five straight regular-season games since Charles Barkley in March 1993.

Stoudemire scored the final two points just before time expired, then congratulated Duncan after the buzzer, with the two-time MVP offering congrats of his own.

"These guys are an incredible offensive team and they kept coming but we stuck with it," Duncan said. "These weren't the kind of scores we like to play in but we made it happen."

Phoenix came into this season never expecting to still be playing in June after winning 29 games in 2003-04. But with an energetic offense, the Suns ran off the most points and most wins in the NBA and charged through the first two rounds. This was only the second time in 15 postseason games they failed to score 100 points, the other also against the Spurs.

With big first halves from Stoudemire and league MVP Steve Nash, Phoenix was up by one at halftime. San Antonio quickly changed that.

Trailing 52-51 a few possessions into the third quarter, a dunk by Robert Horry gave the Spurs the lead, then began a 6:30 stretch that guaranteed they'd keep it the rest of the way. When it ended, San Antonio was up 69-56.

Along the way, the Suns had four turnovers (traveling by Nash, two lost balls by Stoudemire and a 24-second violation), Nash missed three shots, Stoudemire missed another and the flourish ended with Joe Johnson getting blocked twice.

The Spurs, meanwhile, had Tony Parker find his groove by hitting one of his trademark teardrop jumpers and two straight 3-pointers. Duncan passed out of a double team to an open Bruce Bowen for a jumper, then -- perhaps the best sign of all for the Spurs -- Duncan made two free throws.

Phoenix kept clawing and was within 93-90 on a 3-pointer by Jim Jackson with 2:45 left. However, San Antonio has too many players with championship pedigree to fold down the stretch. Duncan tipped in his own miss on the next possession, then a steal by Horry led to a layup by Parker for a 97-90 lead with 50.3 seconds to go.

Duncan was 14-of-24 from the field and 3-of-4 from the free throw line, missing only his first one. It barely made it to the front rim, an ugly reminder of his 3-for-12 performance from the line in Game 4.

Ginobili had 19 points, eight rebounds and six assists. Parker had 18, although he was 8-for-21.

Nash scored 21 points, but only three in the second half. He also had 10 assists.

Johnson, whose big performance in Game 4 was the Suns' biggest hope for coming back in the series, cooled off by shooting just 6-of-17 for 14 points. Unlike the last game, his presence didn't help open things up for Shawn Marion and Quentin Richardson. Marion had eight points and Richardson, who went down hard in the first half, was scoreless in 28 minutes.

Game notes
    The Suns became the 13th team to lose three straight home games in a postseason. Their '93 team that made the Finals also did it. ... With Phoenix out, the highest-scoring team will not win the le for the 49th time in the NBA's 59 seasons, and it'll be the 27th time the team with the best regular-season record doesn't win it all. ... San Antonio's Tony Massenburg got into the game for the first time this series with 2:53 left in the first half after Nazr Mohammed picked up his third foul. Massenburg has played a key role this series, though -- he was Stoudemire's stand-in during practices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well don't I feel fancy a dolt. Thou passed out waiting for the game and missed it.

Cack!

It eases the gyp a tad to know that the chaps found a way to deliver the goods. I never lost faith in the lads and I'm orf to the pub to toss back a celebratory ale or two -- might see if I can bury my bell end in one of my lady mates whilst I'm at it. Tis smashing times, lads.

Cheers to the Spurs and to my fellow Spurs fans as we watch another scapa towards a le!

Toodle pip!

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Culby stay in the NBA forum

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Shouldve quit after the 1st post but still funny

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team