Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YahooNEWS

Sarah Sanders won't amend Trump Tower story, blasts reporters instead

Dylan Stableford

Yahoo NewsJune 5, 2018

Sarah Sanders says she is ‘an honest person’ after her prior statement was proved false

After a statement she made from the podium was proved false, White House Spokesperson Sarah Sanders said she is an "honest person."

For the second day in a row, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders*refused to explain why she denied a report that President Trump helped draft a misleading statement for Donald Trump Jr. about his son’s infamous June 2016*Trump Tower meeting*with a Kremlin-connected lawyer.*

At Tuesday’s press briefing, Sanders was again asked if she cared to revise her earlier remarks on the meeting given that Trump’s attorneys admitted this week that the president had, in fact, “dictated” his son’s response.

“I’m not going to go into detail and get into a back and forth,” Sanders responded. “I know that you guys would love to engage on matters of conversations between the special counsel and the outside counsel, but we’ve purposely walled off and I’m not going to comment.”

Last August, Sanders said that Trump “certainly didn’t dictate” the statement about the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting, which falsely asserted it was convened to discuss Russian adoption policy. The New York Times revealed that Trump Jr. arranged the sit-down with the lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, because he was told she had political dirt on Hillary Clinton. For months, Trump’s lawyer, Jay Sekulow, insisted that the president had nothing to do with crafting Trump Jr.’s statement.

But in a letter to special counsel Robert Mueller revealed this week, Trump’s legal team said that the president “dictated a short” response to the Times report. Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani said*on Monday*night that it was a “mistake” by Sekulow and Sanders to say otherwise.

During another exchange at Tuesday’s briefing, Sanders was asked whether she she thinks her statement from August was accurate.

“I think you all know I’m an honest person,” she replied.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders. (Photo: Andrew Harnik/AP)

The press secretary was then asked why the American people should trust the information coming from behind the White House briefing room podium.

“I work every single day to give you accurate and up-to-date information, and I’m going to continue to do that,” Sanders said, before launching into a lecture about press coverage. “Frankly, I think my credibility is probably higher than the media’s. I think in large part that’s because you guys spend more of your time focusing on attacking the president instead of reporting the news.”

She added: “ I think that if you spent a little bit more time reporting the news instead of trying to tear me down, you might actually see that we’re working hard trying to provide you good information and trying to provide that same good information to the American people.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sarah-san...201758647.html
    Last edited by Blake; 06-06-2018 at 12:04 PM.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she gets treated with kid gloves cause she's a woman, Sean er was getting lambasted every day for doing the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "my credibility"

Ish.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn. She even has cellulite on her face.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Holy , she’s only 37 years old I thought for sure she was 45 at least.

Amazing how the angry white persecution complex ages you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The didn't order the mass execution of children like Jared Reno though, right?

Chumpettes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy ing . Hahaha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chumpettes
    Oh look, derp the killer wishing fiend doesn't have problem using the word but hands out grievances when others do.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Chumpettes
    McVeigh missed her by that{}much.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look, derp the killer wishing fiend doesn't have problem using the word but hands out grievances when others do.
    Seriously, post any post where I wished you death, face. I did that for you for one of the many times you did it to me. Your false narrative is sad and desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After a statement she made from the podium was proved false, White House Spokesperson SarahSanders said she is an "honest person.
    A podium figures prominently in another story highlighting Sanders's lack of candor.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders rose to national prominence in part during her time at the lectern as White House press secretary, but the purchase of a $19,000 lectern for the Arkansas governor is undergoing scrutiny and prompting claims that records about it have been altered.

A legislative panel next week will take up a lawmaker’s request for an audit to review the purchase of the lectern, which was bought in June for $19,029.25 with a state credit card. The Arkansas Republican Party reimbursed the state last month for the wood-paneled and blue lectern, which the state received in August.
    the cover up attempt was immediate

The lectern’s purchase was first uncovered by Matthew Campbell, an attorney and blogger who has sued State Police for withholding records he had requested about Sanders’ travel and security. Days after Campbell filed his initial suit, Sanders called a special legislative session and proposed broad exemptions to the state’s open records law.

Sanders signed into law a measure restricting the public’s access to her travel and security records after she and lawmakers backed off more widespread exemptions that faced backlash from media groups, transparency advocates and some conservatives.
    https://apnews.com/article/huckabee-...b1853ab339cf8a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Mars, an attorney who served as director of the Arkansas State Police under Sanders’ father, former Gov. Mike Huckabee, has also said that he has a client with firsthand knowledge that Sanders’ office interfered with Campbell’s open records requests.

In a letter he sent to Hickey after the lawmaker requested the audit, Mars said the client wishes to remain anonymous and is willing to give a confidential statement to legislative auditors and allow them to review relevant do ents in the client’s possession. According to Mars’ letter, the interference includes the governor’s office altering an invoice from Beckett Events LLC, the Virginia firm listed as the seller of the lectern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On Thursday, Hickey requested an audit into the purchase of that $19,000 lectern, bought from Virginia Beckett, one of Sanders’ longstanding consultants and owner of D.C.-based Beckett Events LLC, which identifies itself as “a full service events management company.

Hickey also wants an audit on records and information newly removed from public purview thanks to a change in the FOIA. Earlier this month, lawmakers voted to shield the governor’s travel- and security-related receipts and records in perpetuity. The new exemption to the FOIA is retroactive to June 2022, six months before Sanders took office.

]The governor’s retroactive power to withhold what’s always been public information, combined with the controversial lectern purchase, bear looking into, Hickey said yesterday.

The lectern invoice from Beckett Events LLC blew up into a scandal on social media after Campbell uncovered a series of emails showing much internal confusion among state government employees tasked with processing the purchase. A government credit card limit had to be raised in order to cover the exorbitant price tag.

While the invoice was paid in June, the lectern didn’t arrive for months.

Fanning the flames was news that Beckett and her business partner, Hannah Stone, helped organize the Jan. 6 rally at the Ellipse in Washington, D.C., which was basically the pep rally for a rebellious rightwing horde to mob the U.S. Capitol.

Beckett’s and Stone’s presence in Paris in June, at the same time Sanders was there, ostensibly on state business, sparked speculation that the $19,000 paid not for a lectern, but for a European trip. (With the governor’s travel records now retroactively off the table for journalists and the public to review, it’s hard to know.)

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2...odium-purchase

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have thought she would have wanted a wider lectern to hide behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a cheap electric piano for a small church music dept

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is asinine but Sander's response to it showed her lack of vision. What an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $19k for that podium? Yeah that's some backhanded bs for sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol sarah slanders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is asinine but Sander's response to it showed her lack of vision. What an idiot.
    the underlying issue -- in this case, allegedly, a straw purchase to hide a kickback to a campaign supporter -- isn't asinine. goes to basic integrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the underlying issue -- in this case, allegedly, a straw purchase to hide a kickback to a campaign supporter -- isn't asinine. goes to basic integrity.
    An allegation whose only proof is that is it is possible. Further made worse by her reaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An allegation whose only proof is that is it is possible. Further made worse by her reaction.
    immediately calling a special session to protect her travel records and limit public information requests raised some eyebrows for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's otherwise already public information (see #13, upstream) taking on a new shine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely.

Thread Information