Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.co...-for-the-year/
    Multiple sources said Denver’s longstanding pursuit of Indiana’s Jeff Foster is over because he’s likely to require surgery for his injured back and miss the rest of the season.
    this might not be a surprise, Foster struggled with his back for the whole season.
    this also puts an end to all trade scenario's around Foster.
    the bad news for us:
    even if many thought the idea of getting Foster would have been bad, the fact that he is off the market isn't something even the critics should be happy about. it means that the teams linked to Foster (mostly the Nuggets, but also the Jazz) will focus on other players, who the Spurs might be interested in either. (Haywood?, Camby?). and we know what this means: the player either goes elsewhere, or the price is higher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were rumors that Denver already made an offer for Haywood and were rejected, they were talking about it on ESPN radio 2 weeks ago..they were also saying Denver was kind of unwilling and unable to do much with a guy like that from a financial standpoint..

I doubt they would want Camby back after originally dumping him..maybe some hard feelings..

Utah is talking to the Wizards about him for their TE in some kind of a package according to the Jazz' television play-by-play guy..

Obviously none of us know what actually happens behind the scenes, so these are just rumors from sources..

I'm kind of worried about Portland jumping after Haywood, what do you think mountainballer?..

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, Blazers will likely be in the mix and the Rockets as well.
    both can offer the expiring contracts along with picks and/or a young player. if Spurs want to outbid them, it might become expensive.

Thread Information