Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
    College: UCLA
    Years Pro: 2

info

RFA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs love to go after players that do well against them. I've liked Hollins since I first saw him at UCLA because he's such a freak of an athlete. But he's unskilled at this point in his development and it's probable that Cuban would match anything that isn't ridiculous.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    He's intriguing. I mentioned in one of those other off season threads he might be too immature for the Spurs.

The shot blocking and defense is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could this guy be had as a backup center?

I wrote that ====> bishopospurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like em young! I mean my basketball players of course. I would happy if we walked away from free agency with Hollins. There is a lot of young under developed bigs available in free agency that could prove to be steals by seasons end.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be a good option for depth. Dallas could probably get him back for pretty cheap though...and if it's us making the offer then you can be certain that Cuban will match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have too bright memories of him pulling off his act against a clearly hobbled Duncan. .

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have too bright memories of him pulling off his act against a clearly hobbled Duncan. .
    Meh. I chalk it up to him being an excited kid. I'd take him for cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He deserves to have Cuban stare at him in the locker room shower for the remainder of his miserable, pedestrian, forgettable career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about.... NO?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. He's a hot head with no ball IQ, none. I'd rather get Pops Mensa

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elson > Hollins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any public interest in this kid would only drive up Cuban's price. And rest assured, he WOULD pay it because he absolutely hates for other teams to beat him in the free agent acquisition game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you thought about... NO?

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any public interest in this kid would only drive up Cuban's price. And rest assured, he WOULD pay it because he absolutely hates for other teams to beat him in the free agent acquisition game.
    There isn't any public interest suggesting Jason Kidd is still worth $8 mil a year, but Cuban's ready to give it to him anyways. Cuban doesn't listen to what other people are doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn't any public interest suggesting Jason Kidd is still worth $8 mil a year, but Cuban's ready to give it to him anyways. Cuban doesn't listen to what other people are doing.
    There is definitely public interest from in Kidd, from at least one other team (Knicks), who can't pay him any more than the MLE. Yet what is Cubes doing? He's -bent on overpaying to retain Kidd''s services by offering 8mil per.

He's getting played by Kidd and his agent because he knows Kidd has an offseason home and children there. However in the end, Kidd will go with the money, as most anyone else.

Cuban's problem is that he gets too emotional about his own players, while failing to honetly assess their level of productivity and objectively analyze their market value. Look what he did last year. He blew all of his MLE wad to reacquire Desgana Diop, only to ship him out before midseason.

Back to Kidd again, if Cuban were to let him walk, he'd have absolutely nothing to show for that failed Devin Harris trade that brought Kidd to Dallas in the first place. A trade that, by the way, is considered a collossal failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not be surprised if Hollins has been called by Pop. Remember Rasho tearing us apart when he was with the T-Wolves. Pop then flew to wherever Rasho lived and overpaid him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , fake the interest, just to drive up Cuban's bills. The CBA still applies even if he doesn't give a rats butt about the Lux tax. It still limits his maneuvering when he overpays for players...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , fake the interest, just to drive up Cuban's bills. The CBA still applies even if he doesn't give a rats butt about the Lux tax. It still limits his maneuvering when he overpays for players...
    I guess that's the point. Cuban is such an emotional sucker, he doesn't mind getting involved in a game of financial chicken with anyone.

Thread Information