My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stoudemire puzzled by Suns’ plans
    45 minutes ago

Buzz up! PrintPHOENIX (AP)—Amare Stoudemire is puzzled by the Phoenix Suns’ plans, and isn’t sure he’d want to stay with the team unless they are figured out.

Stoudemire said Wednesday he is ready for next season, five months after eye surgery. But he doesn’t know if he’ll be with the Suns, who have been fielding trade offers for their All-Star power forward.

“Nothing’s solid,” said Stoudemire, who had surgery to repair a torn retina in February. “That’s what’s crazy about the situation is that there’s no solid decision right now. I don’t think nobody knows. From a player standpoint, nobody knows what’s going on, so it’s difficult for us right now to focus on our approach to the upcoming season because we don’t know who’s going to be here.”

Stoudemire can become a free agent after next season, but said he’d like to remain with the team that drafted him in the first round in 2002—as long as the Suns are contenders. Phoenix missed the playoffs last season.

“Right now, it all depends on what team I decide I want to go to,” Stoudemire said. “If I want to sign an extension with a mediocre team— probably not. I’ll sign an extension with a team that has a future. You follow what I’m saying? The ball is in their court now.”

Seeking to cut payroll, the Suns listened to offers for both Stoudemire and Shaquille O’Neal(notes) before the trade deadline in February. They finally traded O’Neal to the Cleveland Cavaliers last month, and there have been reports that they also could move Stoudemire.

He believes he deserves a maximum extension, and thinks he knows why the Suns haven’t offered one.

“I think one: currency,” he said. “I think that’s one reason why a lot of decisions around here are being made. I think two, just from the simple fact of them not seeing me play the last 30 games of last season. But history proves that I’ve bounced back from injuries better than anyone ever in this league, so I’m going to do it again.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with him

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    No Amare, the Suns haven't offered you a max extension because you're not worth a max extension.

At this point the Suns should be keeping Amare, but man he really needs an at ude change.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sarver doesn't want to give him the 6/120 biggie, but, can't find a doctor (in house, or otherwise) to sign off on that eye so he can pass the damage goods on to some poor sap.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ran into him at XS in vegas this past weekend. his entourage had girls drapped all over them while he was walking behind them alone. looked like he had a black eye too..... prolly why he was wearing a washington nationals cap all low trying to cover his eyes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ran into him at XS in vegas this past weekend. his entourage had girls drapped all over them while he was walking behind them alone. looked like he had a black eye too..... prolly why he was wearing a washington nationals cap all low trying to cover his eyes
    Did he punch himself for staying with PHX ?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    To be fair to that smarmy Kerr, puzzling Amare" Stoudemire isn't exactly all that difficult.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did he punch himself for staying with PHX ?
    haha wouldnt be surprised. i did hear a bunch of drunk people say "you aint that tall, i could pack your ass" so prolly had an altercation in the club

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Amare, the Suns haven't offered you a max extension because you're not worth a max extension.

At this point the Suns should be keeping Amare, but man he really needs an at ude change.
    With the salary cap dropping, he may not have as many options as he thinks.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I agree with him regarding what suns strategy is. I don't know wtf they are doing unless the plan is to see what the current core can do.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stoudemire puzzled by walking, breathing.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What do you think the Suns are looking for in return for a potential Amare deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I LOL'ed with the le already...

Double facepalm...
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I used to like this guy before he showed himself as 'Stupidhead's' twin brother.

On a side note, he is kind of right.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stoudemire puzzled by walking, breathing.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Which eye was it--his right or left?

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    trade amare for randolph beindrins and bellineli. that guy is good just doesnt play enough. rich mans sasha(prime)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The former Warriors deal is quite amazing for Suns in my opinion.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I agree with him regarding what suns strategy is. I don't know wtf they are doing unless the plan is to see what the current core can do.

Earth to Nashfan: they are doing what Nash wants them to do.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Earth to Nashfan: they are doing what Nash wants them to do.
    here you go...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Amare and Nash while they still have decent trade value!

But before anything... replace that bag Kerr!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Trade Amare and Nash while they still have decent trade value!

But before anything... replace that bag Kerr!
    Sadly, I agree, of the 3, I'd prefer to keep Stoudamire though since he's still young and has potential. Nash's value is for someone that's one piece from a le or deep playoff run, not rebuilding.

Thread Information