Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    This is what I'm drinking at the moment...

Terrific brewery!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Damn it, I need to find a way to get my ass over to try some of that freetail. Probably cant do it tonight (though the night of a closeout game would rock), unfortunately the wife injured her back. So, you know, gotta take care of that.

I like Leinenkugels, it is one of the better widely available beers. I have tried 4 of their beers and am 3 for 4. I think that this is a pretty good ratio. I think the honey wheat was the only one I didn't like (1880, Berry Weiss, and Sunset Wheat are the others, though the berry weiss is a little sweet, it just reminds me of "Berliner Weiss mit Schuss", something I would have every once in a while in germany). I have had a lot of luck with brands that have "dog" in the name (dogfish head, and Flying dog the best examples).

I have been hinting at a brew kit for fathers day for a while now. LOL

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Scott, are you guys gonna come up for Great Austin Beer Festival?

http://www.greataustinbeerfestival.com/

Looks like a decent turnout so far as breweries go, local and not, I'd imagine they'd love to have you guys.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    i am a fan of amstel light

but 80% of the time i keep it simple with a budweiser brand

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Blue Moon is about as crazy as I'll go..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Scott, are you guys gonna come up for Great Austin Beer Festival?

http://www.greataustinbeerfestival.com/

Looks like a decent turnout so far as breweries go, local and not, I'd imagine they'd love to have you guys.
    There is a bit of skepticism from us Texas breweries right now about this festival, because they've never reached out to a good portion of us or the Texas Craft Brewers Guild.

Whether or not we get involved in that festival has yet to be seen. However, the Texas Craft Brewers Guild is working on putting together a festival of our own. Location and date all TBD, but we're working on it.

PS: I'll be popping open bottles of La Muerta at the brewery tonight when the Spurs beat that Mavrick ass. Be there

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm a fan of the Real Ale brews. Fireman's 4, Devil's Backbone, Phoenixx, and their Hefe is absolutely the best hefe I've tasted, better than Paulaner and Spaaten

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If the Spurs don't win tonight, I'm going to need to down a couple of 64s of Olde English 800.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This is what I'm drinking at the moment...

Terrific brewery!
    I'm a huge fan of their Black Butte Porter. Is their pale ale as good?

Name
    noneya beezwax
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's very good. Balanced, not over the top hoppy. I'm a big fan of Deschutes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'll have to give it a try, though I'm pretty loyal to Sierra Nevada when I want a pale ale (Stone's surprisingly sucks in comparison). Thanks.

Their Black Butte Porter is easily one of the best 5 or so porter/stouts I have ever had.

Name
    noneya beezwax
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Their Black Butte Porter is easily one of the best 5 or so porter/stouts I have ever had.
    The Mirror Pond didn't blow me away like the Black Butte Porter, but I'm a porter freak. Black Butte is the new king of the mountain for me -- easily beating out my erstwhile ATF, Anchor Porter.

BTW, did you hear Fritz Maytag sold Anchor Brewery?

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Deschute's "The Abyss" is the , especially if you like dark beers. I <3 imperial stouts, and that's a damn good one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I'm a huge fan of their Black Butte Porter. Is their pale ale as good?
    It's excellent. You should try it!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I'm not into porters. Too heavy for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not much of a beer drinker. Usually can't drink more then a few. (More of a vodka/white rum mixed with soda kind of person)

But I do like:

Blue Moon

Carona with lots of lime in it

The occasional Bud light because it goes down easily

Guiness is allright too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm not into porters. Too heavy for me.
    You're missing out on a of a beer then. Winehole ain't joking when he talks about the amazing quality of the Black Butte Porter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Mirror Pond didn't blow me away like the Black Butte Porter, but I'm a porter freak. Black Butte is the new king of the mountain for me -- easily beating out my erstwhile ATF, Anchor Porter.

BTW, did you hear Fritz Maytag sold Anchor Brewery?
    I have been really tempted to try their porter, but I just can't make myself pass on either Rogue's Chocolate Stout, Deschutes Black Butte Porter, or Sierra Nevada Stout when I want something in the style. And Guinness Extra Stout is still a huge favorite when I want a stout that grabs you by the balls.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm a fan of the Real Ale brews. Fireman's 4, Devil's Backbone, Phoenixx, and their Hefe is absolutely the best hefe I've tasted, better than Paulaner and Spaaten
    Real ale is having some sort of dinner and tasting event at the Hotel Alsace in Castroville tomorrow night.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There is a bit of skepticism from us Texas breweries right now about this festival, because they've never reached out to a good portion of us or the Texas Craft Brewers Guild.

Whether or not we get involved in that festival has yet to be seen. However, the Texas Craft Brewers Guild is working on putting together a festival of our own. Location and date all TBD, but we're working on it.

PS: I'll be popping open bottles of La Muerta at the brewery tonight when the Spurs beat that Mavrick ass. Be there
    Weird, you'd think that would be one of the first places they would reach out to. I'll see if I can prod them into it. I just know a lot of my friends who work at breweries here in Austin should be there, and everyone I know here loves Freetail beers who has been.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I have been really tempted to try their porter, but I just can't make myself pass on either Rogue's Chocolate Stout, Deschutes Black Butte Porter, or Sierra Nevada Stout when I want something in the style. And Guinness Extra Stout is still a huge favorite when I want a stout that grabs you by the balls.
    Sierra's 30th Anniversary stout was/is liquid gold if you can still find it. I can't wait for their next three anniversary brews this year. If you see Great Divide's Oak aged Yeti Stout grab that ASAP.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    For those of you that are Deschutes fans,(if you can) try Jubel 2010 "Once-in-a-Decade"
    It's one of their reserve series. It packs quite the punch at 10% alcohol by volume, but is very tasty. Mostly found on tap, but can be found in 1 pint 6oz bottles. Price in WA state for the bottle is about $10. Most 1 pint 6oz bottles of various brews run around $5 up here.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew...0/default.aspx

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I havn't tried the others from Sierra but I'm realy loving Sierra Nevada's golden bock right now. When I'm tight on money and need a cheaper beer I go with Killian's Irish Red beer. Very good stuff!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Killian's Irish Red beer
    great stuff from what I remember. Haven't had one in a long time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Thread Information