Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to be on the lookout for it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Duvel is one of those beers that comes in 4 packs IIRC.

Not too shabby. I like it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    This is what I'm drinking at the moment...

Terrific brewery!
    Yes..

I have six packs of Inversion, Obsidian, and Black Butte in my kitchen right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    Weihenstephaner Korbinian FTW:

You won't drink more than a couple of these, about 8% ABV. Available at some HEBs in the Austin area, Central Market, better bierhouses. About $3 for a half liter bottle, $7-$8 when you can find them at a pub (I think Flying Saucer has them).

My wife and I are going to Germany this Oktoberfest season and a stop at the brewery is on the agenda. They make a very tasty Kristall for those hot days when you don't want something as heavy.

These guys know their bier - brewing since 1040. Not a typo, 10- ing-40. http://www.weihenstephaner.de/index2.html?lang=eng

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Has anybody tried the Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout? Picked up a bottle and it is pretty damn good.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is a bit of skepticism from us Texas breweries right now about this festival, because they've never reached out to a good portion of us or the Texas Craft Brewers Guild.

Whether or not we get involved in that festival has yet to be seen. However, the Texas Craft Brewers Guild is working on putting together a festival of our own. Location and date all TBD, but we're working on it.

PS: I'll be popping open bottles of La Muerta at the brewery tonight when the Spurs beat that Mavrick ass. Be there
    I'll be headed out to the Great Austin Beer Festival and look forward to sampling as many beers as possible.

And if you let us know when the Texas Craft Brewers Guild is having their festival, I'll be at that one too.

One note though, I thought I read in a beer column (Express News maybe or some online beer column) that there is some type of limitation (legal possibly) in regards to brewpubs participating in this type of festival. It doesn't sound correct to me but is there any possible truth in that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'll be headed out to the Great Austin Beer Festival and look forward to sampling as many beers as possible.

And if you let us know when the Texas Craft Brewers Guild is having their festival, I'll be at that one too.

One note though, I thought I read in a beer column (Express News maybe or some online beer column) that there is some type of limitation (legal possibly) in regards to brewpubs participating in this type of festival. It doesn't sound correct to me but is there any possible truth in that?
    The current TABC interpretation is that if any sort of ticket or entrance fee is involved, it cons utes a "sale". Currently a sale off a brewpubs premise is not allowed, thus brewpubs can't participate in a paid area of any festival or event. For brewpub beer to be given away off-premise, it needs to be given away for free.

We're obviously trying to change things to allow brewpubs to sell into 3rd party retail markets, short of that we'd also like to get a different interpretation of festivals.

Note that none of these laws apply to Texas wineries.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I tried a new IPA yesterday called Leafer Madness. Not too bad & was fairly smooth.

Description
    Leafer Madness Imperial Pale Ale was created during the great hop shortage of 2008, but there is no shortage of hops in this beer. Brewed with large amounts of 2-row malt, Munich malt, and multiple hop varieties, this 9% ABV, 100+ IBU hop monster quenches the thirst of those who crave the lupulin!

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i had to chug a rasputin last night. it was hard to kill. most disgusting ive ever tasted. let's just say i ended up tasting it more than once.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My new favorite beer...

I didn't take this picture

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I had the Red Introduction ale at Blue Corn Brewery here in Santa Fe last night, and I swear the aftertaste was like concentrated bitter grapefruit. I like it more than I thought I would.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Nothing better than a woman that likes beer... Real beer.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    I'll tell you boys/^gals what- for about 8 months I haven't been drinking much of anything that isn't nitro-packed..... which has caused some digestion problems for me when I try to go back to c02. Which sucks, because I'm sick of Murphy's and Boddington's and Tetley's and the 's expensive. I like to session about 60+ ozs in 20 minutes, and then take a bong snap. And I can't do that with c02 beers anymore. Not without puking it all up.

And thus I've concluded that microbreweries everywhere should start packing their ales with nitrogen.
    Last edited by balli; 08-14-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Whatevers $15 for a 18-20 pack.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    sons just drink whatever gets you drunk. stop with all of this ridiculous nonsense trying to sound unique by claiming you drink all of these different types of beers that everyone knows taste like complete dog .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    sons just drink whatever gets you drunk. stop with all of this ridiculous nonsense trying to sound unique by claiming you drink all of these different types of beers that everyone knows taste like complete dog .
    When you're white, you're white.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    When you're white, you're white.
    hit the bong tonight?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm not white, but I appreciate good beer

silverblk mystix
    There isn't a bunch of choices here in south texas...

I tried a bunch of great ones in so cal and in northern cali/sierra nevada...

but since I've been back to texas I have found these are alright---and they sure beat the crap outta the miller/bud/crap out there...

they are;

Shiner Hefeveizen....pretty cheap and still tasty and stout

12 packs at HEB are usually only 12-14 bux

Gordon Biersch---either the blonde or the Hefe...pretty good -also found at some HEB'S

and my newest cheap fave---

The sierra nevada Kellerwiess Hefe

pretty damn good and cheap

the thing about the buds and millers is that you can drink about 10 and still only have about a mild to semi buzzz

but drink two or three pints of a good hefe and you have a strong sweet buzz that lasts for a good while and it really just makes more sense to get your money's worth...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    BR knows what's up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    His head up his ass?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    His head up his ass?

I set him up for that one didn't?

Darn, sorry BR.
    anyhow

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    had 512 pecan porter for the first time the other day. pretty good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Had a St Horny Pablos Angry Roofer Chipotle Mango Chutney Stout the other day

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    While I agree that Steel Reserve isn't real beer - Reinheitsgebot is more of a marketing ploy than it is a anything in Germany these days. It's no longer an in-effect law and only in Bavaria does anybody really seem to give a crap. Even then, technically Weissbiers would be in violation of Reinheitsgebot. Tons of awesome funky American craft beers (that use other natural ingredients) would also be in violation.

Germany has a new, but slowly evolving craft beer scene themselves, but beer as a whole is down over there. I suspect partly because the Purity Law tradition has effectively stifled any innovation in brewing. German's have been drinking the same beer for 500 years (but they are definitely the best at making those particular traditional styles!).

This is making me thirsty... I'm thinkful I'll be drinking a lot of great beer tonight!
    FREE MARKETS

The same for France's wine industry.

Thread Information