Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Hey Scott, went back to Freetail last week. Friends and I took home three growlers of th Chamomile Verana, it was excellent! Props for a very tasty, unique beer.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    had 512 pecan porter for the first time the other day. pretty good
    but how does an unemployed korean engineer afford such expensive beers bro?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    but how does an unemployed korean engineer afford such expensive beers bro?
    $5 pint

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm still trying to find

here in town. I don't think anyone brings it down here anymore so I'm probably going to have to order it online. I haven't had any in about 7 years and I'm dying for some. On a side note, I'm going to have to check out this Freetail joint. Looks like my kind of place.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    I don't think Tucher can be imported into Texas any more. IIRC they got into a spat with the TABC and Tucher (or the importer) said it. It's a shame b/c it's great stuff.

TABC gets their panties in a wad whenever an import label doesn't contain exactly whatever they say it should (e.g. most German biers must be labeled 'malt liquor' or 'ale' because their alcohol content way exceeds the watered-down standard they have for beer). If you find someplace that will ship Tucher to TX post the URL here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't think Tucher can be imported into Texas any more. IIRC they got into a spat with the TABC and Tucher (or the importer) said it. It's a shame b/c it's great stuff.

TABC gets their panties in a wad whenever an import label doesn't contain exactly whatever they say it should (e.g. most German biers must be labeled 'malt liquor' or 'ale' because their alcohol content way exceeds the watered-down standard they have for beer). If you find someplace that will ship Tucher to TX post the URL here.
    Domestic labels from other states too, that's why we don't see some great products from California, like Double Bas .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't find a place that will ship it to TX. We may have to make some sort of arrangement with a ST.com member to send us some. I'm in for a case if someone wants to get us some.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    I don't always drink beer

but when I do....

I savagely beat my wife and child

stay hammered my friends

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    ^

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My two favorite Colorado beers. The sampler at Oskar Blues is awesome. So many great beers to taste. Great Divide also has a cool little bar at their brewery.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My two favorite Colorado beers. The sampler at Oskar Blues is awesome. So many great beers to taste. Great Divide also has a cool little bar at their brewery.

Dale's is pretty good, I don't like their prices getting jacked up though. It was 6.99 a 6 when it first came to Texas. My buddy brought back some 6 packs of Avery IPA in cans from Denver a few weeks ago, it's nice to pop open a can and not grimace in anticipation of what is in it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dale's is pretty good, I don't like their prices getting jacked up though. It was 6.99 a 6 when it first came to Texas. My buddy brought back some 6 packs of Avery IPA in cans from Denver a few weeks ago, it's nice to pop open a can and not grimace in anticipation of what is in it
    Haven't tried Avery IPA yet. I will definitely give it a try.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Anyone tried Snake River Zonker Stout? I fell in love with that brew when I was up at Yellowstone/GrandTeton last month.

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Anyone tried Snake River Zonker Stout? I fell in love with that brew when I was up at Yellowstone/GrandTeton last month.

Did you get a chance to try anything from the Grand Teton Brewing Company? When I was in Yellowstone last summer, I pretty much fell in love with their Double Vision Doppelbock, and the Howling Wolf Weizenbock was a close second. They were both in liter bottles, but so. freaking. good.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Did you get a chance to try anything from the Grand Teton Brewing Company? When I was in Yellowstone last summer, I pretty much fell in love with their Double Vision Doppelbock, and the Howling Wolf Weizenbock was a close second. They were both in liter bottles, but so. freaking. good.
    Nah, I tried a few of the beers from Snake River Brewing Company and thought the stout was far and away the best, and I tried a brown ale called Moose Drool that all the hikers on backpacker.com were recommending (it sucked!). I'll have to remember to try GT Brewing Company when I head out there next (I certainly want to get some more time in Grand Teton; I found out you can do a guided climb of The Grand for like $850 !)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

I've got some in the fridge right now. It's a little much for me during the summer though but perfect when it gets colder outside.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Went to Freetail on Sunday afternoon for the anniversary, and like each time I visited I was very impressed by their beer. Two very solid wild ales I had to take home growlers of. They are solidly the best craft brewery in TX imo. I was also a huge fan of the Fresh Hop Hop C - good work Scott and co!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    I'm still trying to find

here in town. I don't think anyone brings it down here anymore so I'm probably going to have to order it online. I haven't had any in about 7 years and I'm dying for some.
    We were in Germany at the end of September and had some in Nurnberg and Rothenberg ob Tauber. It was good, real good, especially on tap in the Meistersinger Halle. Yep, go to a symphony concert, they have bier on tap and warm pretzels in the lobby. I could SO live in Germany.

Rooster-Lollypops TheManFromAcme's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Give me a BODDINGTON'S anyday.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    So, I caught onto how ing delicious Shiner Cheer was extremely late and was only able to pick up one. measly. six pack Christmas Eve before they were either all sold out or pulled from the shelves. Anyone know where I might be able to find any or what exactly happens to this line after Christmas?

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So, I caught onto how ing delicious Shiner Cheer was extremely late and was only able to pick up one. measly. six pack Christmas Eve before they were either all sold out or pulled from the shelves. Anyone know where I might be able to find any or what exactly happens to this line after Christmas?
    I've seen them in stores for the past week or so. Saw some 6's last night in fact.

Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've got a 6 of Brooklyn Brewery's Winter Ale and a bottle of Dogfish Head's Theombora that I'm waiting to tear into. I had a nasty stomach virus this Christmas that prevented me from doing so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I've seen them in stores for the past week or so. Saw some 6's last night in fact.
    Really? Goddammit. I've been to 5 stores so far, and the "holiday brew" section of Shiner has been cleared out in each. Maybe I'll check a liquor store.

Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Really? Goddammit. I've been to 5 stores so far, and the "holiday brew" section of Shiner has been cleared out in each. Maybe I'll check a liquor store.
    But i'm in Dallas, so..........

And yes, Cheer is pretty damn good. A little too good. This pub up here has it on tap and that's even better

Thread Information