Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1714
    My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Aye, first time I had a West Coast IPA, I was blown away. Last 5 or so they have been pretty stagnant imo, though that Green Bullet is mighty tasty. I was amazed by Alpine when. I had Pure Hoppiness too, and still love their beers but they don't distribute here in TX. Hope that's part of the change!
    That's probably what'll happen as a direct compe ion for the larger SD breweries, I hope you guys get the same quality. I started out with Stone but to me, there is maybe one or two that I will still drink from them and that is a direct result to nothing being available. Pure Hoppiness and the Nelson IPAs will sustain any IPA head for the foreseeable future.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That's probably what'll happen as a direct compe ion for the larger SD breweries, I hope you guys get the same quality. I started out with Stone but to me, there is maybe one or two that I will still drink from them and that is a direct result to nothing being available. Pure Hoppiness and the Nelson IPAs will sustain any IPA head for the foreseeable future.
    Yeah I used to be all over stone too, and while I still love me some double bas , we have local sixes here that undercut em by two bucks and are just as good. Of course it's Sierra Celebration season for me now, better in bottles than draft this year imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    The Gemini Method TheSanityAnnex Any thoughts on Green Flash buying Alpine?
    Not a fan of green flash. I still drink IPA's but lately I've been drinking tons of sours and it's damn expensive. Really enjoy the Bruery's line. Sour in the Rye, Ode de Tart, Tart of Darkness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    A beel tled

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Not a fan of green flash. I still drink IPA's but lately I've been drinking tons of sours and it's damn expensive. Really enjoy the Bruery's line. Sour in the Rye, Ode de Tart, Tart of Darkness.
    Sour in the Rye and Tart of Darkness are good sours. I've been drinking saisons of late. Local stuff really.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My former roomate is in the Bruery Club, they ship him every 6 months or so. I always look for them when I travel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tried the Odell Friek?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Tried the Odell Friek?
    Never have and just looked it up. That looks damn good.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Drinking Founders Dirty Bas today. First Scotch Ale I've tried. It's fantastic...lot's of good flavors going on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I'll be in Dripping Springs all next week. Any breweries worth seeing or local beers I should try?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'll be in Dripping Springs all next week. Any breweries worth seeing or local beers I should try?
    You should check out Jester King since it's really close. Pretty good seasonals out right now too from a lot of local places, can't remember off the top of my head atm, will post some tonight or tomorrow. I'll be at Draught House Wednesday evening if you want to grab a pint.
    Last edited by leemajors; 11-23-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    You should check out Jester King since it's really close. Pretty good seasonals out right now too from a lot of local places, can't remember off the top of my head atm, will post some tonight or tomorrow. I'll be at Draught House Wednesday evening if you want to grab a pint.
    Jester King was suggested by a buddy of mine who has family out that way, I think I'm about 5 mins from it.

Don't really know what days/nights I'll have open but I'll try and swing by. I gave my cousin free reign over my time there and he's planning it all. So far I know I'll be deer hunting (bow), pheasant/duck hunting, and a day of cutting cattle. I'm really pumped on getting to cut cattle as I've never ridden a horse like that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    JK disappoints me mostly. Nothing to memorable for me. I've toured it twice, but left underwhelemed - even with the 10+ point stout (I believe it was the stout). It's fine to drink, but nothing that has ever really wow'd me.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    JK is one of the most respected Texas breweries by out of staters

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, ok . That is a random stat sort of. It can be respected, but I personally found it to be disappointing mostly. Not in the sense that it was bad, but for a respected brewery, I had really high expectations and never walked away wow'd.

There were good beers obviously, but compared to St Arnold, HnG and several others where I have at least had 1 pour that wow'd me, nothing ever completely blew me away at JK. It's worth a trip obviously, but for me, personally, I haven't found the one yet there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    JK disappoints me mostly. Nothing to memorable for me. I've toured it twice, but left underwhelemed - even with the 10+ point stout (I believe it was the stout). It's fine to drink, but nothing that has ever really wow'd me.
    I prefer going to Stanley's to just eat pizza and drink there, but TSA has mentioned he is a fan of sour beer so I threw it out there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I prefer going to Stanley's to just eat pizza and drink there, but TSA has mentioned he is a fan of sour beer so I threw it out there.
    It's a good recommendation - they have solid beers and if the weather is nice, it's a really cool place.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Well, if any of you are in Portland Oregon, you have to do lunch or dinner at the Dechutes Brewpub, on NW 11th and Davis.

Try the Elk Burger...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Well, if any of you are in Portland Oregon, you have to do lunch or dinner at the Dechutes Brewpub, on NW 11th and Davis.

Try the Elk Burger...
    Elk burgers are great. Ate that last time I was in Wyoming with a Snake River Zonker stout.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Elk burgers are great. Ate that last time I was in Wyoming with a Snake River Zonker stout.
    Yep. It is great!

After I said that, I had to go. Just got back home. Had an Elk Burger, their Chili, and some great beer. Came back home with three more bottles of Black Butte 26, a coffee mug, and 8 beer glasses. Bought a case of the BB26 two weeks ago, but wanted more so that when I'm ready to drink some, I don't have to break open the case.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This Pumking on TG is just so right.

Is that BBPXXVI different than the normal BBP?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    This Pumking on TG is just so right.

Is that BBPXXVI different than the normal BBP?
    Absolutely.

The Black Butte Porter is 5.2%. The Black Butte XXVI is the 26th anniversary Porter, and an Imperial porter at 10.8%. These bottles say "best after 6/13.15."

I have one bottle of the XXI left. It says "best after 10/17/10" and is 11%.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Absolutely.

The Black Butte Porter is 5.2%. The Black Butte XXVI is the 26th anniversary Porter, and an Imperial porter at 10.8%. These bottles say "best after 6/13.15."

I have one bottle of the XXI left. It says "best after 10/17/10" and is 11%.
    Oh - fantastic . I really enjoy the regular BBP, and my Specs has the XXVI but I haven't grabbed any. I swooped up as much Pumpking and Pumpkinator as I could so didn't grab any yet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Drinking the Crown Valley Gunslinger double IPA 9% tonight.

Thread Information