Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    How many ing times do Americans have to be explained this same over and over? It is HARDER to score, rebound and get assist in Euroleague than in NBA. MUCH HARDER.

How may ing times do you stupid mother ers need to be told this same ?
    You are a vile person. Stop posting.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So that is why he averaged 11ppg last year? Because his offense is just as good if not better than Gasol? A career 10 ppg Euroleaguer bought for cash has the same offensive skills as a 8-year NBA veteran who has career averages of 19 ppg and 9 rpg? I don't think so...
    Pau Gasol doesn't have better Euroleague stats than Andersen. In his last season in the ACB he averaged 12/5 or something like that, way less than in his first NBA season.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    How many ing times do Americans have to be explained this same over and over? It is HARDER to score, rebound and get assist in Euroleague than in NBA. MUCH HARDER.

How may ing times do you stupid mother ers need to be told this same ?
    Why don't you ever treat people with respect?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He cannot play in FIBA game. In ULEB style game he can be very good and should be the same in NBA style game. In FIBA style game he is total trash.
    Hmmm, fair enough. In FIBA, he is useless. Never understood the props he has received, any Australian basketball fan will say the same thing.

Also, I don't care what level of basketball you have seen him play, there is no way he has the offensive talents of Pau Gasol. I've seen enough of the guy to know that just isn't true. It's not hating, I want the guy to succeed seeing he is Australian, but he is simply not an NBA player. Any Houston fans getting excited are only going to be disappointed.

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol doesn't have better Euroleague stats than Andersen. In his last season in the ACB he averaged 12/5 or something like that, way less than in his first NBA season.
    And Pau played what? 2 seasons of Euroleague before coming over to the NBA as a 21-year old, where his game immediately translated well to the NBA style of play?

Andersen is the same age as Gasol - 29 - and has played 8 years of Euroleague. If he really had the same skill sets and potential as Gasol, he would have been over here years ago. And wouldn't have been traded for cash.

With Artest bolting, Yao out for the count, and TMac still playing the no heart card, Houston media is desparately making every attempt to turn Scola and this guy into the next Hakeem and Yao so that there is not some mass fan abandonment beyond the typical front-running Houston fan base.

Not saying it was a horrible deal and that he can't help the team this year, but I'm not jumping on the Rockets/Euros nuts over this one.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Hmmm, fair enough. In FIBA, he is useless. Never understood the props he has received, any Australian basketball fan will say the same thing.

Also, I don't care what level of basketball you have seen him play, there is no way he has the offensive talents of Pau Gasol. I've seen enough of the guy to know that just isn't true. It's not hating, I want the guy to succeed seeing he is Australian, but he is simply not an NBA player. Any Houston fans getting excited are only going to be disappointed.
    He doesn't have the offensive talents of Pau Gasol, but he certainly has enough talent to be a NBA player. If you don't think so, you either haven't seen much of him or you're just not very good evaluating talent (or, to be honest, you just suck at it). He's certainly just as talented as Bargnani and Okur, for example. More talentend than, say, Big Baby Davis. Easily a rotational player in the NBA, although not a starter, IMO. Saying he's simply not a NBA player is bizarre. It's taht kind of at ude that empowers KBP.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And Pau played what? 2 seasons of Euroleague before coming over to the NBA as a 21-year old, where his game immediately translated well to the NBA style of play?

Andersen is the same age as Gasol - 29 - and has played 8 years of Euroleague. If he really had the same skill sets and potential as Gasol, he would have been over here years ago. And wouldn't have been traded for cash.

With Artest bolting, Yao out for the count, and TMac still playing the no heart card, Houston media is desparately making every attempt to turn Scola and this guy into the next Hakeem and Yao so that there is not some mass fan abandonment beyond the typical front-running Houston fan base.

Not saying it was a horrible deal and that he can't help the team this year, but I'm not jumping on the Rockets/Euros nuts over this one.
    Question: who said he has the same skill-set and potential than Gasol? Me? The point was that stats in Europe aren't what you think and your argument was nonsensical.

I don't discuss with the kind of people who use strawman arguments, so answer my question or this conversation is over. Sorry.

(Anyway, Andersen was averaging 7/4 with 20 years in the Euroleague. Gasol was averaging 4/3 with 20 years in the Euroleague. Kind of makes you look silly, no? And no, this doesnt' mean that Andersen is remotely as good as Gasol or the new Yao.)

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Anderson's stats look pretty good to me. I"m just looking at his 2008-2009 stats.

He shot 54% from the field. 40% three pt. 80% FT

Scoring was 11.1 ppg in 21.2 mpg
    Rebounds 4.1 a game

Then in the playoffs against CSKA

24 pts on 100% shooting - do they not play defense over there???
    4 rebounds

Against Olympiacos

20 pts
    4 rebounds

I think this dude will be ok

http://www.euroleague.net/compe io...=bar&pcode=AKT

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Anderson's stats look pretty good to me. I"m just looking at his 2008-2009 stats.

Rebounds 4.1 a game

4 rebounds

Against Olympiacos

20 pts
    4 rebounds

Barcelona had the strongest frontcourt in Europe last season (3 NBA quality players, 2 of them will be playing in the NBA next season and a very good 4th big) + a bunch of high-scoring guards. Andersen overall numbers were affected by that. He has always played in stacked teams during his European career.

CSKA is the best defensive european team and it's not close. But Andersen is difficult to stop when his jumpers are falling.

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rebounds 4.1 a game

4 rebounds

Against Olympiacos

20 pts
    4 rebounds

He is comparable to Okur minus the physical play and the defense. But on offense he is just as good. And Okur can average 18 in the NBA. I would think Andersen is not so great without Yao. First he is a power forward much more than a center and also he is much better playing off someone else.

If he was played next to Yao to spread the floor he would be a huge threat for the defense. Best comparison for him is Dirk. He is the poor man version of Dirk.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Who is that in your sig KBP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have the offensive talents of Pau Gasol, but he certainly has enough talent to be a NBA player. If you don't think so, you either haven't seen much of him or you're just not very good evaluating talent (or, to be honest, you just suck at it). He's certainly just as talented as Bargnani and Okur, for example. More talentend than, say, Big Baby Davis. Easily a rotational player in the NBA, although not a starter, IMO. Saying he's simply not a NBA player is bizarre. It's taht kind of at ude that empowers KBP.
    Like I stated, I've only ever seen him play for Australia in FIBA basketball. I'm judging from what little I have seen, like I said. Mainly from the 2008 Olympics, of which I watched every game.

If we look into that a little bit:

He averaged 6/3 on 42FG% on a team that is desperate for some decent big man production. He had 3 times the amount of turnovers than he did assists. He had 0 blocked shots in 98 minutes. He was a liability on defense because he was soft on the interior and to slow on the perimeter. He floated around the perimeter shooting jumpshots on offense. So wrapping that up, a guy that averaged 6/3 and was horrible defensively, is as good as he is ever going to be and is limited athletically.

Now, I know judging somebody from a sample size of 6 games isn't the greatest amount, but from what I seen, he did not resemble an NBA player from a statistical point of view and from an intangible point of view. That is my opinion and there are many, many Australian basketball fans that will agree. Maybe my opinion would be different if I got to watch his Euro games.

Now just because you think I'm wrong, it doesn't mean I "suck" at evaluating players. I for one hope he becomes a in' MVP, and I'm proud to see a countryman of mine in the big show. But no one evaluates every player correctly, otherwise we wouldn't have Kwame Brown being drafted #1 overall. We will see though, I'm confident he will struggle to be a decent 15MPG player in the NBA. You think otherwise. Doesn't make my evaluating skills suck because you think different to me, it just means we see different things.

Get over yourself.

DEEP in the Q
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    MI21 I agree with you from watching him at the Olympics.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    o NBA wanna-be GM's, Morey doesn't screw around. He doesn't make bad moves, and he is smarter than you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I stated, I've only ever seen him play for Australia in FIBA basketball. I'm judging from what little I have seen, like I said. Mainly from the 2008 Olympics, of which I watched every game.

If we look into that a little bit:

He averaged 6/3 on 42FG% on a team that is desperate for some decent big man production. He had 3 times the amount of turnovers than he did assists. He had 0 blocked shots in 98 minutes. He was a liability on defense because he was soft on the interior and to slow on the perimeter. He floated around the perimeter shooting jumpshots on offense. So wrapping that up, a guy that averaged 6/3 and was horrible defensively, is as good as he is ever going to be and is limited athletically.

Now, I know judging somebody from a sample size of 6 games isn't the greatest amount, but from what I seen, he did not resemble an NBA player from a statistical point of view and from an intangible point of view. That is my opinion and there are many, many Australian basketball fans that will agree. Maybe my opinion would be different if I got to watch his Euro games.

Now just because you think I'm wrong, it doesn't mean I "suck" at evaluating players. I for one hope he becomes a in' MVP, and I'm proud to see a countryman of mine in the big show. But no one evaluates every player correctly, otherwise we wouldn't have Kwame Brown being drafted #1 overall. We will see though, I'm confident he will struggle to be a decent 15MPG player in the NBA. You think otherwise. Doesn't make my evaluating skills suck because you think different to me, it just means we see different things.

Get over yourself.
    He can't handle a top level FIBA compe ion like the Olympics. The reason is he is far too soft. He gets taken out by physical play. In the Olympics the game is much more physical than the NBA is. Also even though Euroleague is just as physical as the difference is that the refs are more lenient on players in FIBA.

Andersen is a super soft player so you can take him out then with the physical play. If you would bother to notice and watch games Dirk is a useless POS in the Olympic level also. So is Kaman who is an incredible POS at that level. Tim Duncan is basically a scrub at that level also because of the same thing. These softies need some protection from the refs and they don't get it there.

Thinking about it I decide that Andersen's most close NBA comparison on offense is Rasheed Wallace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o NBA wanna-be GM's, Morey doesn't screw around. He doesn't make bad moves, and he is smarter than you
    Bull . He still does not know what a point guard is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andersen is a super soft player so you can take him out then with the physical play. If you would bother to notice and watch games Dirk is a useless POS in the Olympic level also. So is Kaman who is an incredible POS at that level. Tim Duncan is basically a scrub at that level also because of the same thing. These softies need some protection from the refs and they don't get it there.
    You get Olympic coverage with Comcast?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how is my countryman Andersen going early on Rockets fans? Can't tell much via stats.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    hes ing garbage so far...why bump it?

Was he supposed to be good or some ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, give him some time. Even Scola sucked in the first month as I recall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes ing garbage so far...why bump it?

Was he supposed to be good or some ?
    He was supposed to be one of the best bigmen not in the NBA. Also, there isn't many Australians in the NBA so I like to know how they are going when they do make it. Shame that David is sucking, though not surprising, I've always considered him heavily overrated.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    His post moves were a pleasant surprise.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He was supposed to be one of the best bigmen not in the NBA. Also, there isn't many Australians in the NBA so I like to know how they are going when they do make it. Shame that David is sucking, though not surprising, I've always considered him heavily overrated.
    i like his post moves, shooting, and passing. right now i am hopeful he can become a contributor based on what i have seen. kind of hard to form an opinion on him right now but it is obvious he has skills. the guy needs more time to adjust.

Thread Information