Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Is Aldridge getting kickback from Utah? Nobody wants to help the Jazz.

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another V-Span instead of Scola.
    You are a ing moron.

Spanoulis > Scola > Andersen

Andersen is also good enough to be a good NBA player you tool.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    David Alderige mentions Houston as a possibility for Boozer:

"If Houston wants to hedge its bets against Yao Ming's future, and give Luis Scola some help inside, if only for a year, it has the do ent -- Tracy McGrady's expiring $22 million contract -- to get to chatting. It's unlikely Utah would part with Boozer and Matt Harpring, long a Sloan favorite, for basketball reasons. But that would be a relatively painless way for the Miller family to get out of tax relatively quickly."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...fer/index.html
    Please....no

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Anderson reminds me of Brad Miller. I think he's the high post passing center that Adleman has been craving to run his motion offense. He is rated defensively weak but can pick and pop from the three point line. He can also drive with the ball. Prototypical European Big Man. Not really a strong post up player. Scola will be better than him in that department. But if you put Anderson, Scola and Battier on the floor with Brooks and Ariza I like our chances. We are going to need a of a lot more scoring out of Brooks and Scola though. Ariza is really going to have to step up his game.

Oh and I like how we got him for cash. We still got money to burn and all our guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson reminds me of Brad Miller. I think he's the high post passing center that Adleman has been craving to run his motion offense. He is rated defensively weak but can pick and pop from the three point line. He can also drive with the ball. Prototypical European Big Man. Not really a strong post up player. Scola will be better than him in that department. But if you put Anderson, Scola and Battier on the floor with Brooks and Ariza I like our chances. We are going to need a of a lot more scoring out of Brooks and Scola though. Ariza is really going to have to step up his game.

Oh and I like how we got him for cash. We still got money to burn and all our guys.
    He is not like Miller. Andersen is very very very very very very SOFT player. He is also really a power forward. I do not know why the Rockets is calling him a center. I will say for certain Morey has never seen him play ever.

Andersen will not rebound or defend against anyone that is physical with him. Also Andersen will not score in offense when other team gets physical with him.

Andersen is way better on offense than Miller. I mean he is far better than Miller in offense. There is not much similarity at all between Andersen and Miller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judging by what I have seen of Andersen with the Australian national team, he is not a rotation player in the NBA. I have always been puzzled as to why he is regarded as one of the better big men not in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judging by what I have seen of Andersen with the Australian national team, he is not a rotation player in the NBA. I have always been puzzled as to why he is regarded as one of the better big men not in the NBA.
    He cannot play in FIBA game. In ULEB style game he can be very good and should be the same in NBA style game. In FIBA style game he is total trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From everything i've seen of him, this guy doesn't belong in the nba.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Great offensive player, but soft as pillows. This is a guy smart coaches will defend with Bruce Bowens and James Poseys. Very skilled though - that's why he's one of the best big man playing outside the NBA: can create his shot, fantastic shooter and excellent passer. You better be ready to play 4 vs 5 on defence though.

Adelman will like him, he's probably a top-10 passing big man these days. Make it top-5.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    We can now totally run Sloan's offense with Okur/Anderson camping the three point line.

No center in paint or open three pointer biatch

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Lakers had Pau Gasol, the King of softies.....Not sayin this will translate into alot of wins or anything, let's just see how this turns out. For all we know, there could be another move to be made waiting in the wings

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    sorry but gasol is way better than this guy

but good signing

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    There is a rumor that the Rox are also interested in Chris Wilcox

You Belinelli Believe It! dougp's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already had someone walk up to me and tell me he's going to be awesome.

If anything, this gives us yet another reason to beat the Rockets. They now have no one to guard Duncan, and I doubt Andersen has the BBIQ to guard McDyess ...

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already had someone walk up to me and tell me he's going to be awesome.

If anything, this gives us yet another reason to beat the Rockets. They now have no one to guard Duncan, and I doubt Andersen has the BBIQ to guard McDyess ...
    Doug, SportsRadio610 had an interview with the Rockets director of player development or someone like that from the organization. I swear he utilized references to Bargnani AND Gasol in his assessment of what Andersen brings to the table.

29 year old Aussie that has played Euro ball for his whole career, averaged 11ppg/4 rpg last year for FC Barcelona, and picked up his rights from Atlanta for CASH?

Color me underwhelmed, regardless of all the Scola 2.0 talk on local sports radio.

Oh, speaking of Scola, Adam Clanton on the 610 morning show today was attempting to convince everyone that if made the primary offensive option, Scola could easily be a 20/10 man.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Doug, SportsRadio610 had an interview with the Rockets director of player development or someone like that from the organization. I swear he utilized references to Bargnani AND Gasol in his assessment of what Andersen brings to the table.

29 year old Aussie that has played Euro ball for his whole career, averaged 11ppg/4 rpg last year for FC Barcelona, and picked up his rights from Atlanta for CASH?

Color me underwhelmed, regardless of all the Scola 2.0 talk on local sports radio.

Oh, speaking of Scola, Adam Clanton on the 610 morning show today was attempting to convince everyone that if made the primary offensive option, Scola could easily be a 20/10 man.
    It's possible, but we'd probably only win 20 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry but gasol is way better than this guy

but good signing
    As an overall player yes you are right. But Andersen is just as good in offense maybe even better.

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible, but we'd probably only win 20 games.
    Agreed that he could, but his potential as a player is best utilized as banging for putbacks and getting to a good spot for the dish from a penetrating guard. 13 and 9 was a good productive year for him. Making him the go-to guy would take him out of what he did best. It was a good thing for Houston to get that level of production out of him without necessarily having to run plays specifically for his touches. Of course, the way this season is shaping up, they may not have a choice.

This Andersen kid has got nothing on Scola, nor does his upside even compare. Granted, it was a signing and the local heads are going to talk about it in depth, but as is typical with some of the 610 homegrown radio talent (Matt Jackson and Adam Clanton), they pimp anything Astros/Rockets/Texans/Cougars to a value far beyond realistic expectations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an overall player yes you are right. But Andersen is just as good in offense maybe even better.
    So that is why he averaged 11ppg last year? Because his offense is just as good if not better than Gasol? A career 10 ppg Euroleaguer bought for cash has the same offensive skills as a 8-year NBA veteran who has career averages of 19 ppg and 9 rpg? I don't think so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed that he could, but his potential as a player is best utilized as banging for putbacks and getting to a good spot for the dish from a penetrating guard. 13 and 9 was a good productive year for him. Making him the go-to guy would take him out of what he did best. It was a good thing for Houston to get that level of production out of him without necessarily having to run plays specifically for his touches. Of course, the way this season is shaping up, they may not have a choice.

This Andersen kid has got nothing on Scola, nor does his upside even compare. Granted, it was a signing and the local heads are going to talk about it in depth, but as is typical with some of the 610 homegrown radio talent (Matt Jackson and Adam Clanton), they pimp anything Astros/Rockets/Texans/Cougars to a value far beyond realistic expectations.
    I can't wait to listen to the Ticket on my way home in 50 minutes - I'm pretty sure "The Greatest of All TTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIMES" Little C will be trying to set people right.

Btw, we're getting a house in Grand Mission - close date will be in August. You still live out in Katy?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Rockets are building a FIBA look-a-like basketball team. All cutters and perimeter players. No real big man in the middle with post play. Maybe Morey will sign another big man but not holding my breath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to listen to the Ticket on my way home in 50 minutes - I'm pretty sure "The Greatest of All TTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIMES" Little C will be trying to set people right.

Btw, we're getting a house in Grand Mission - close date will be in August. You still live out in Katy?
    Nah man, moved out to Cypress about a year and a half ago. Congrats on the new house!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man, moved out to Cypress about a year and a half ago. Congrats on the new house!
    Ah, we were looking up there too, but the vicinity to Westpark and 10 were too good to pass up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that is why he averaged 11ppg last year? Because his offense is just as good if not better than Gasol? A career 10 ppg Euroleaguer bought for cash has the same offensive skills as a 8-year NBA veteran who has career averages of 19 ppg and 9 rpg? I don't think so...
    How many ing times do Americans have to be explained this same over and over? It is HARDER to score, rebound and get assist in Euroleague than in NBA. MUCH HARDER.

How may ing times do you stupid mother ers need to be told this same ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many ing times do Americans have to be explained this same over and over? It is HARDER to score, rebound and get assist in Euroleague than in NBA. MUCH HARDER.

How may ing times do you stupid mother ers need to be told this same ?
    :wgaf:

Probably the same amount of times we tell your ass to quit posting here.

Now kindly, go suck off VSpan some more.

Thread Information