Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video of Parker press conference (for french speaking posters):
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa3...7-parker_sport

You can also find other interviews and a video of this morning's practice here:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/pau-orthez_com

TP also said that Pop will be in France to watch the game against Italy in one week.
    thanks

do we know if larry brown will come back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would not be a big deal IF EVERYONE IN SAN ANTONIO DID NOT JUST WATCH MANU SIT OUT ALMOST AN ENTIRE SEASON BECAUSE OF THIS SAME BULL .

If Manu's injury was 2 or 3 seasons ago, it woudn't be a big deal for Tony to be taking on the risk. But being so fresh, and the Spurs just put all the chips on the table and Tony is doing this? WTF Frenchie?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's the one instigating more drama, by moving his mouth. I understand he's angry, but he doesn't have to talk to the media about it.
    In France Tony has to say he is not happy with the Spurs decision.
    People here would not understand if he was OK not to play for his NT.
    NBA players here are not loved as you would expect. They are always suspected to be divas playing only for money and having no respect for the French jersey.

Basically, if he doesn't speak to the media, people here will consider he agrees with the Spurs.

I would not read too much in what Parker says to the French media. I don't know how is the situation with the Spurs, but I would not be that surprised if Parker told them he agreed to come back but had to go public about how angry he is.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is perfectly justified in being upset, just as the Spurs' concerns were justified. I think there should have been a better contingency plan that could have kept him in Europe.
    Indeed...and it was established a long time ago that he was upset. This thread is pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video of Parker press conference (for french speaking posters):
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa3...7-parker_sport

You can also find other interviews and a video of this morning's practice here:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/pau-orthez_com

TP also said that Pop will be in France to watch the game against Italy in one week.
    interesting video. some more news from TP than in the writen article.

he says he didn't want to talk about the situation because of the respect he has for the french NT (which was still working), and the spurs (which he couldn't yet talk to i guess).

he said again he was angry but he understands the spurs behaviour with all the money they put in this season. especially after the manu situation last years.

still, he doesn't understand their choice since they made him train very normally to test him and he could have made it in france. he said the spurs were a little sorry for him, especially when the spurs saw the injury was very minor. but he said the spurs are the boss and he choose to obey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks

do we know if larry brown will come back?
    I don't know. Brown said that he wasn't sure to come back when he left the NT because Bobcats were on the verge of being sold and because he wanted to spend some time with his family.

I'm also quite sure that Pop won't spend all his time in the the south west of the France at watching basketball.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting video. some more news from TP than in the writen article.

he says he didn't want to talk about the situation because of the respect he has for the french NT (which was still working), and the spurs (which he couldn't yet talk to i guess).

he said again he was angry but he understands the spurs behaviour with all the money they put in this season. especially after the manu situation last years.

still, he doesn't understand their choice since they made him train very normally to test him and he could have made it in france. he said the spurs were a little sorry for him, especially when the spurs saw the injury was very minor. but he said the spurs are the boss and he choose to obey.
    You see, if you quote the whole thing, you avoid situations like these. Seeing that he understands why his NBA team was so cautious with him and wanted to look things over is great. I (as well as Pop I bet) also like seeing that he understands where his bread is buttered right now, to the tune of $66 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not be that surprised if Parker told them he agreed to come back but had to go public about how angry he is.
    Exactly, I think TP is very very concerned by showing a good image of him regarding the French NT.

We all forget a lot of things about TP, he is a pure product of the French federation of BB, he knows some of the guys of the French Federation since he is 16 years old, he has been raised in a context where French NTs are everything like in football, for a french soccer player there is NOTHING more important than winning something with the NT: his best buddies are soccer players, these guys like T. Henry will take one world cup over 10 champions league with their team.

IMHO he is angry but he is exagerating a litle bit to preserve his image not for the media but for his friends, family, his fans in France...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Itīs all Manuīs fault !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ahem...

i have always thought tony parker was y
    Well, so much for the "maturity" Tony supposedly exercised during the whole incident...
    the spoiled, overprivileged at ude of Parker.
    looks like tony is turning into a . that's what s om & media attention do I guess.
    Stay in France and eat the fries then.
    Trade his ass.
    in his spoiled mind we have the nerve to call him back to san antonio to get checked out by u.s doctors, on the spurs biggest offseason, this guy has the audacity to bash the spurs f.o in the media!!
    This is the beginning of the end for the marriage between Parker and the Spurs...BOOK IT.

I won't be surprised if Parker has a "down year" or the relationship between him and pop deteriorates to a point that Parker will have to be traded...
    Watching the morons crawl out of the woodwork is always funny.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMHO he is angry but he is exagerating a litle bit to preserve his image not for the media but for his friends, family, his fans in France...
    His endorsements, the development of french basketball, the money he put in the ASVEL...
    He has a lot of good reason to preserve his image

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting thing about Mahinmi too:

TP said he thought Ian was brought in the NTfor some strecht, for 5-6 minutes where he could bring his energy, defense, blocked shots and stuff like that. He said that it's good because that's what the spurs are waiting from him this year. tony said Ian has a good SL and now need to work well in training camp in order to earn some minutes in the very loaded spurs roster.
    Last edited by kace; 08-07-2009 at 12:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by anakha
    Watching the morons crawl out of the woodwork is always funny.

are u one of those old women that wear a pink t.p jersey? if so i understand now
    Last edited by lennyalderette; 08-07-2009 at 12:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His endorsements, the development of french basketball, the money he put in the ASVEL...
    He has a lot of good reason to preserve his image
    don't think so. he was really angry and upset but respected spurs decision. nothing more than that, IMO. don't forget he said by phone his vexation to the french manager. no "diplomatic reasons" to say that then. that's what he felt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how is the situation with the Spurs, but I would not be that surprised if Parker told them he agreed to come back but had to go public about how angry he is.
    Tony: "Say Pop. I'm alright with coming over. Can I keep face here by telling them that your decision was crap?"
    Pop: "Sure, no problem. Just don't forget that bottle of Chateau Lafite or else you will witness my wrath."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are u one of those old women that wear a pink t.p jersey? if so i understand now
    at the Parker basher suddenly having nothing to stand on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony: "Say Pop. I'm alright with coming over. Can I keep face here by telling them that your decision was crap?"
    Pop: "Sure, no problem. Just don't forget that bottle of Chateau Lafite or else you will witness my wrath."

it would be great...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the Parker basher suddenly having nothing to stand on.
    Oh i get it. Only parker is able to display anger and disapointment in the media, but fans of his can't do it on a message board. That just makes us Parker bashers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will we be able to watch Parker n Mahinmi online???

please post some links.

good for them to be representing their team. LOL at the haters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh i get it. Only parker is able to display anger and disapointment in the media, but fans of his can't do it on a message board. That just makes us Parker bashers
    Defensive much?

Considering you went ahead and called Parker a diva without even knowing the full contents of the interview...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not that i have nothing to stand on, but i dont see how you think his at ude comes off as normal. thats all! and your calling everyone a moron for disagreeing with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it would be great...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defensive much?

Considering you went ahead and called Parker a diva without even knowing the full contents of the interview...
    What? he's angry and expressing it to the French media, how is that not knowing the contents of the interview?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not that i have nothing to stand on, but i dont see how you think his at ude comes off as normal. thats all! and your calling everyone a moron for disagreeing with you.
    You started calling for a trade and accusing Parker of bashing the FO without knowing the full facts, then the full interview just showed he did no such thing. That's not disagreeing with me, that's taking 1 + 1 and getting 5.

Yup, I'd say you definitely fit the definition of a moron.

Thread Information