Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shes obviously retarted, theres no arguing with her!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? he's angry and expressing it to the French media, how is that not knowing the contents of the interview?
    Have you even checked the links?

The article shows part of the inteview only. Which certain people immediately jumped on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't think so. he was really angry and upset but respected spurs decision. nothing more than that, IMO. don't forget he said by phone his vexation to the french manager. no "diplomatic reasons" to say that then. that's what he felt.
    I am not saying he was not upset (I think he was). Just that he had to make it public.
    Tony is clearly trying to reach another status here in France. He was in Cannes, fort boyard (a TV show), on all the french media with Eva, he invests money in the ASVEL... he clearly wants to be a superstar here.
    I am 100% sure everything he says to the TV, newspaper... his calculated.

I think Tony is sincere when he says he loves playing for France. You just have to see him play to know he gives everything when he plays for France.
    But he is also a businessman now. He can't afford to say the exact truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shes obviously retarted, theres no arguing with her!
    Ah, we now have the personal insults - the last resort when someone has no argument at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was joking about tony for derrick rose chill out old lady! and plenty of people are upset at his comments, just read the thread! what are you his mother? take your power ranger ass to get some valium!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was joking about tony for derrick rose chill out old lady! and plenty of people are upset at his comments, just read the thread! what are you his mother? take your power ranger ass to get some valium!!
    Ah, we now have the personal insults - the last resort when someone has no argument at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Duncan bad-mouthed the FIBA refs for officiating in a way that wasn't to his liking, few people called him classless or started revving up trade-checker engines. People saw it for what it was -- an expression of frustration -- and moved on. Same with Fin... he said some re ed things about Bruce's fine work in his Mav days, but nobody said anything about them when he chose to sign with us. Why? Because they were words of passion, and they were understood as such.

Parker just endured a restless period of medical examinations and jetlag-tastic travel over a short span of days only to demonstrate to his employers that the French NT's doctors opinions were in accord with the Spurs' doctors. At no point does he give the impression that he doesn't understand the FO's concern, he's just venting because it was a huge PITA for him.

I side with our FO's reluctance to trust the NT's doctors, but given they honestly assessed Parker's injuries, all that travel is like knowing you turned off the oven, then going out, then getting a frantic call from your wife insisting you go home and make sure the oven is off. PITFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like this could have been handled better. Do they not have MRI machines in France? A simple email of the scan would have confirmed the French doctors diagnosis and the Spurs could have saved a lot of travel wear and tear on Tony. I think the Spurs thought that once they got him back to San Antonio, he wouldn't want to go back to France. Wrong!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like this could have been handled better. Do they not have MRI machines in France? A simple email of the scan would have confirmed the French doctors diagnosis and the Spurs could have saved a lot of travel wear and tear on Tony. I think the Spurs thought that once they got him back to San Antonio, he wouldn't want to go back to France. Wrong!
    300 medical images were sent to the spurs. 300

and i think the Bruno's theory could be the right one. The spurs wanted him to miss the Italy's game. and the best way to make it sure was to make him go back to SA.

now, TP said they could ask him to miss the game tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Franchement kace, ce n'est pas très malin de ta part. Tu n'arrêtes pas de rajouter de l'huile sur le feu.
    La plupart des fans des Spurs sont des gens intelligents, mais avec ce genre de posts tu attires tous les crétins du site.
    Il est clair qu'on ne pourra pas les convaincre de l'importance de l'équipe nationale dans une carrière de sportif... Un conseil : laisse courir.

Remarque, c'est un bon moyen pour mettre son "ignore list" à jour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason any of this is even being played up is because its the dead middle of summer and there is nothing else to talk about. Manufactured drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    300 medical images were sent to the spurs. 300

and i think the Bruno's theory could be the right one. The spurs wanted him to miss the Italy's game. and the best way to make it sure was to make him go back to SA.

now, TP said they could ask him to miss the game tomorrow.
    Then I'd be angry too if I were Parker. Seems like they could have just ordered him not to play a game instead of all that travel bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well damn, didnt he see what happened last year with Manu Ginobili? He's getting paid to play, not to be injured for playing in another country...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason any of this is even being played up is because its the dead middle of summer and there is nothing else to talk about. Manufactured drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am more angry.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re ed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a great 1st post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do anything to start with whoever is willing to eat it a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course now everyone comes hating on international players playing for their NT. It's not good yeah, but it will pass and I hope France can make it to Poland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a great 1st post.
    Technically it isnt my first...just havnt been on in quite some time. One forgets things that arent really important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    franchement kace, ce n'est pas très malin de ta part. Tu n'arrêtes pas de rajouter de l'huile sur le feu.
    La plupart des fans des spurs sont des gens intelligents, mais avec ce genre de posts tu attires tous les crétins du site.
    Il est clair qu'on ne pourra pas les convaincre de l'importance de l'équipe nationale dans une carrière de sportif... Un conseil : Laisse courir.

Remarque, c'est un bon moyen pour mettre son "ignore list" à jour.
    +1

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know im going to get all sorts of for this, but i was watching the 09 allstar weekeknd last night, and god tony sucked at that pg, challenge! if he keeps talking it would be nice to package him up w, someone and get derrick rose! hahaha i know i know its not gonna happen
    So if we somehow swung a deal for the winner of the skills challenge then we would have the perfect point guard? Nonesense. I'm not ragging on you for suggesting a trade for Rose , but to associate real game value to that cheesy skills contest is absurd.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point ?

we had to hear from the great Timvp and his groupies that all of this was french medias BS and that Tony was OK with spurs position. FALSE. we heared he couldn't have played against Italy. FALSE again.

and now, i'm sure i will see some TP bashing for him saying what he really feels (you know, the same ones who praises him for his true speaking usually).

the fact is that TP, even if he disagreed clearly, went back to SA.
    for me, not only that shows his strong character and his dedication to the french NT (his anger), but also clearly his professional behaviour, respect and dedication too to the Spurs organisation (he still went back as asked).
    Tony has always been outspoken a bit, and he has a strong , feisty spirit about him. That strong spirit is what keeps him getting up time after time after getting knocked down in the lane or has him take over a game for a period of time . It also has him making off the cuff comments and as far as I am concerned he can speak as he wishes. It means nothing.
    The Spurs were dead on in checking him out though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically it isnt my first...just havnt been on in quite some time. One forgets things that arent really important.
    Technically, it is. You only started posting today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this as very siple; the Spurs are protecting Tony from himself.

It happens all the time -- heck in last week's Sunday Night Baseball game Chad Billingsley wanted to keep pitching after tweaking a hamstring in the 5th inning. Joe Torre wouldn't let him continue (protected him from himself) and Bills got mad about it.

The athlete will get over it. It's better than risking a reinjury.

Thread Information