Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this as very siple; the Spurs are protecting Tony from himself.

It happens all the time -- heck in last week's Sunday Night Baseball game Chad Billingsley wanted to keep pitching after tweaking a hamstring in the 5th inning. Joe Torre wouldn't let him continue (protected him from himself) and Bills got mad about it.

The athlete will get over it. It's better than risking a reinjury.
    Yes, I would be more concerned if Tony did not want to play in situations like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not good, Tony.
    why
    he followed spurs advise
    manu did not
    manu paid by not getting extension

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video of Parker press conference (for french speaking posters):
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa3...7-parker_sport

You can also find other interviews and a video of this morning's practice here:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/pau-orthez_com

TP also said that Pop will be in France to watch the game against Italy in one week.
    good
    I think spurs and tp are fine
    but tp was pissed as anyone here would be if they were tp
    tp told the truth and did not lie
    I respect him more for that

I would rather no pro play in these games
    even for other countries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Franchement kace, ce n'est pas très malin de ta part. Tu n'arrêtes pas de rajouter de l'huile sur le feu.
    La plupart des fans des Spurs sont des gens intelligents, mais avec ce genre de posts tu attires tous les crétins du site.
    Il est clair qu'on ne pourra pas les convaincre de l'importance de l'équipe nationale dans une carrière de sportif... Un conseil : laisse courir.

Remarque, c'est un bon moyen pour mettre son "ignore list" à jour.

mais ça n'est pas toi qui a passé je sais pas combien de posts à argumenter à propos des clichés ridicules que certains avaient balancés sur les français (sales, lâches etc etc) ? ça c'était vraiment du temps perdu sur un sujet inutile.

mais sur le fond, t'as pas complètement tort
    Last edited by kace; 08-07-2009 at 02:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is going to be happy about having to travel 30+ hours, cranky with a sore foot. I still wonder if Parker would have overlooked the pain to compete versus Italy, if he wasn't asked to come to SA. The compe ive juices flow in situations like that.

The problem is..as Tony admitted "I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain". Although that statement was not in context with the Italy game, it still states the stark truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mais ça n'est pas toi qui a passé je sais pas combien de posts à argumenter à propos des clichés ridicules que certains avaient balancés sur les français (sales, lâches etc etc) ? ça c'était vraiment du temps perdu sur un sujet inutile.

mais sur le fond, t'as pas complètement tort
    La différence, c'est que je ne commence pas des "threads" (je ne sais même pas le mot français pour ça ) avec des sujets dont je sais très bien qu'ils vont amener plus d'intolérance et donc de bétise.

Et dans ce genre de "threads", il y a ensuite des remarques xénophobes... et tu sais ce que j'en pense.

Tu en lis une, tu laisses passer, deux... trois... quinze... et à un moment tu te sens obligé de répondre et cela ne fait qu'empirer les choses.

Et je pense que le racisme ou la xénophobie sont des sujets plus importants que le fait de savoir si Tony Parker est énervé ou pas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the Parker basher suddenly having nothing to stand on.
    If you don't expect the medical staff to protect their multi million dollar investment, you're a moron. Call people out for overreacting, but don't be a banana rider. It's embarrassing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La différence, c'est que je ne commence pas des "threads" (je ne sais même pas le mot français pour ça )
    Fils de discussion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fils de discussion
    Merci. Je ne passe pas assez de temps sur des forum français.

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just stfu tony and be ready for training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't expect the medical staff to protect their multi million dollar investment, you're a moron.
    Like I said earlier in the thread:

Were the Spurs justified in wanting to ensure he was OK? Yup.

Call people out for overreacting, but don't be a banana rider.
    Which was exactly what I was doing.

What's embarrassing is people obviously not reading through the whole thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks kace and Bruno for the updates.

I hope TP is health to play for France and the Spurs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is going to be happy about having to travel 30+ hours, cranky with a sore foot. I still wonder if Parker would have overlooked the pain to compete versus Italy, if he wasn't asked to come to SA. The compe ive juices flow in situations like that.

The problem is..as Tony admitted "I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain". Although that statement was not in context with the Italy game, it still states the stark truth.
    Don't worry, on the video TP explain that when he has a sprain ankle, he always feel a discomfort for 30 days. It's not pain.
    He also tells about his arrival in SA, where the first thing is done was getting new X-rays and then went to the gym for a full practice. He said he was fine the first day, but it was harder practicing the next 2 days because of the jetlag, the 15 hours travel, and the lack of physical work due to the healing process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry, on the video TP explain that when he has a sprain ankle, he always feel a discomfort for 30 days. It's not pain.
    He also tells about his arrival in SA, where the first thing is done was getting new X-rays and then went to the gym for a full practice. He said he was fine the first day, but it was harder practicing the next 2 days because of the jetlag, the 15 hours travel, and the lack of physical work due to the healing process.
    Good info, Freeze. I haven't seen the video, yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand Tony's frustration and I am not generally a big fan of Tony Parker.

I appreciate his honesty in this situation. Although, the danger of talking to the media in the heat of things is that they will continue to quote you long after you yourself have moved past the sentiments.

I think the Spurs did what they felt they had to do and that Tony cooperated as best and as patiently he could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not generally a big fan of Tony Parker.
    why not?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom Line: We pay this guy 10 million a year to play 82 games plus the playoffs. It's his responsibility to keep himself as healthy as possible. So Parker's paycheck this month, while he's over in France busting his ankle and jeopardizing our whole season, is over $800,000.

I'm sick of this. The Spurs have been damaged more by international play than any other team. I think it's time for Spurs players to have to sign waivers for international play. Period.

This international BS shouldn't interfere with your day job. If I bust my ankle playing hoop on a Saturday afternoon at the Y, and can't work on Monday, that's my fault. Money out of my own pocket. Simple enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is extremely talented and possibly a little too aware of that fact. I think Tony lacks some of the humility and maturity that Timmy, for example, displays.
    But all I know of Tony is the relatively little I have read about him/ heard from him in interviews, so I could be misjudging him.

I stated in my last post that Tony is not a particular favorite of mine to illustrate that I am not blindly defending him as I might do a player who is my favorite. I truly do not think Tony ought to be blamed harshly in this situation.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Parker's paycheck this month...
    Just a question, aren't NBA players paid only during the season? I didn't think the salaries were broken down by year, but by season.

Does anyone know if I'm remembering right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tony won't get hurt playing for his NT, he will kick ass on the NBA and everyone that is bashing him now will be sucking his balls for the entire season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La différence, c'est que je ne commence pas des "threads" (je ne sais même pas le mot français pour ça ) avec des sujets dont je sais très bien qu'ils vont amener plus d'intolérance et donc de bétise.

Et dans ce genre de "threads", il y a ensuite des remarques xénophobes... et tu sais ce que j'en pense.

Tu en lis une, tu laisses passer, deux... trois... quinze... et à un moment tu te sens obligé de répondre et cela ne fait qu'empirer les choses.

Et je pense que le racisme ou la xénophobie sont des sujets plus importants que le fait de savoir si Tony Parker est énervé ou pas.
    Au moins le pe groupe de français de ST est solidaire, ce qu'il y a de sympa c'est que nos amis argentins au moins comprennent notre frustation. Bientôt la fin des fils de discussion Manu vs. TP.

In English now, because don't forget we are posting in an english native language board !

At least french fans are showing solidarity in these discussions. What is nice is that Argentinan fans understand our frustration. Does it mean soon the end of the Manu vs. TP threads ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point ?

we had to hear from the great Timvp and his groupies that all of this was french medias BS and that Tony was OK with spurs position.
    Link or stop lying. I never said TP was fine with the Spurs position.

FALSE. we heared he couldn't have played against Italy. FALSE again.
    The first report of TP not playing against Italy arose prior to the Spurs getting involved and the source was someone with the French NT team.

Since when did kace turn into such a horrible poster? He used to be decent quality. Now he's like the French version of KBP with a chip on his shoulder who has some weird obsession with timvp.

I used to say that the French posters were pound for pound the best on the site but kace has single-handedly ruined that. He's the worst kind of poster now -- homer to something other than the Spurs who lies to further his allegiance. Hopefully he improves as a poster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a question, aren't NBA players paid only during the season? I didn't think the salaries were broken down by year, but by season.

Does anyone know if I'm remembering right?
    You are right. Although the parties may agree to a different payment schedule, the standard specified in the Uniform Player Contract is:

Unless otherwise provided in Exhibit 1, such Compensation shall be paid in twelve (12) equal semi-monthly payments beginning with the first of said payments on November 15th of each year covered by the Contract and continuing with such payments on the first and fifteenth of each month until said Compensation is paid in full.

http://www.nbpa.org/cba_exhibits/exhibitA.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will all blow over when training camp starts.

Thread Information