Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link or stop lying. I never said TP was fine with the Spurs position.

The first report of TP not playing against Italy arose prior to the Spurs getting involved and the source was someone with the French NT team.

Since when did kace turn into such a horrible poster? He used to be decent quality. Now he's like the French version of KBP with a chip on his shoulder who has some weird obsession with timvp.

I used to say that the French posters were pound for pound the best on the site but kace has single-handedly ruined that. He's the worst kind of poster now -- homer to something other than the Spurs who lies to further his allegiance. Hopefully he improves as a poster.
    Because "Kace is angry" ?

Kace is defending his opinion and on this subject I think he is globally right like Bruno. Now French posters are a part of responsability by feeding some idiot ST posters with new threads and quotes.

This story seems to be over, I really wish a good summer to TP, Nando and Ian and to the French NT. Most important thing is: TP injury is minor, he is followed by good doc, Ian will have the opportunity to have some PT before starting the season and Nando is learning.

Hopefully France will do a good campaign and Spurs will have their French happy an ready for 82 games and a victorious POs.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Mel_13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he is the Anti-Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Au moins le pe groupe de français de ST est solidaire, ce qu'il y a de sympa c'est que nos amis argentins au moins comprennent notre frustation. Bientôt la fin des fils de discussion Manu vs. TP.

In English now, because don't forget we are posting in an english native language board !

At least french fans are showing solidarity in these discussions. What is nice is that Argentinan fans understand our frustration. Does it mean soon the end of the Manu vs. TP threads ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    300 medical images were sent to the spurs. 300

and i think the Bruno's theory could be the right one. The spurs wanted him to miss the Italy's game. and the best way to make it sure was to make him go back to SA.

now, TP said they could ask him to miss the game tomorrow.
    They could have sent 3 billion images......None of which take the place of a physical exam. Having said that, I think the Spurs did go out of their way to inconvenience Parker. They should have jumped across the pond to facilitate things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more posts I read, the better I understand US bball players not giving a f*** to represent their own country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is going to be happy about having to travel 30+ hours, cranky with a sore foot. I still wonder if Parker would have overlooked the pain to compete versus Italy, if he wasn't asked to come to SA. The compe ive juices flow in situations like that.

The problem is..as Tony admitted "I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain". Although that statement was not in context with the Italy game, it still states the stark truth.
    We'll never know for sure, but I think that possibility was at the heart of the request from the Spurs for TP to return to SA.

Consider the timeline if TP did not return to SA:

April 28: Gm 5 v. Dallas
    July 13: FNT camp opens
    July 24: Friendly v. Austria, TP plays 12 minutes, sustains injury
    July 31: after missing remaining 3 friendlies, TP scheduled to resume basketball activities. Injury described publicly as "minor".
    August 5: Game v. Italy

If TP sustains a similar injury in the first preseason game for the Spurs, I am quite sure he would would not be playing 12 days later. Now if he sustains it during the playoffs, he and the team would probably risk a much earlier return.

In France, the away game against Italy held a level of importance much more akin to a playoff game than a preseason game. If Tony was in France, the pressure to play on him as well as the coach and management of the FNT would have been enormous. If the game was close throughout, it would have been difficult to even limit his minutes.

The Spurs had the MRIs and, I believe, knew exactly the extent of the injury. I believe they saw an injury that would be managed conservatively in SA, especially an injury that occurred less than two weeks after the player began training camp. In France, Tony may have played a game critical to his country's chances to advance to the European and World Championships despite the injury and his lack of game conditioning. The Spurs did what they had to do to limit Tony's risk of further injury.

I support Tony's right to play for the FNT, but the actions of the Spurs in the instance was, to me, perfectly justifiable in the context of Tony's role on the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom Line: We pay this guy 10 million a year to play 82 games plus the playoffs. It's his responsibility to keep himself as healthy as possible. So Parker's paycheck this month, while he's over in France busting his ankle and jeopardizing our whole season, is over $800,000.

I'm sick of this. The Spurs have been damaged more by international play than any other team. I think it's time for Spurs players to have to sign waivers for international play. Period.

This international BS shouldn't interfere with your day job. If I bust my ankle playing hoop on a Saturday afternoon at the Y, and can't work on Monday, that's my fault. Money out of my own pocket. Simple enough.

TP never missed a game because of the NT and has played in every Spurs playoff game since he is in the NBA.
    Shouldn't he get a bonus instead of your sickness ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had the MRIs and, I believe, knew exactly the extent of the injury. I believe they saw an injury that would be managed conservatively in SA, especially an injury that occurred less than two weeks after the player began training camp. In France, Tony may have played a game critical to his country's chances to advance to the European and World Championships despite the injury and his lack of game conditioning. The Spurs did what they had to do to limit Tony's risk of further injury.
    Every MRIs showed there was no lesions, and the healing process has been managed by French doctors, even on the plane and in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every MRIs showed there was no lesions, and the healing process has been managed by French doctors, even on the plane and in SA.
    I didn't dispute that. I believe the Spurs knew that the diagnosis in France was correct. I believe they were concerned that Tony would play major minutes in game critical to his country less than two weeks after the injury and while he was far from the desired level of fitness.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, what is this? Desperate Point Guards? Is Eva managing him now? STFU and play ball for the people who are paying you 10 mil a year to do it, Tony.

BTW, I'm sure ducks will be along to blame this on Manu

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another full Troll post!!!!

Let TP live for Godsake and show him some respect.. He never let you down spurs fans! NEVER FORGET THAT...

It is this type of thread that lead to an upset a player that used to have a full commitment to his team (SPURS ACTUALLY!!)

If you are not happy, let him go to another team with better respect to their players.

FINAL WORD.. enough is enough!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One week ago, both Spurs and Parker were upset about what happened. Spurs were upset to the point of Holt calling Parker and having bad words with him. Parker said himself that he was angry about Spurs calling him back.

Now, everybody has calmed down. Spurs have been calmed down with Parker coming back to SA. Parker has been calmed down by France NT winning in Italy and not losing by 15 or 20.

Next time, it could not end up as well. Parker said today that he won't come back again to SA for a small injury, so Spurs could be definitively pissed. Parker could also be pissed if he finally comes back to SA and it hurts the NT.

Now everybody has to be smart and to find a common ground. There are opposite interests in this story but a compromise must be find. Since Pop will be in France newt week, it woudl be a great idea if there were a meeting between TP, Pop and the French NT to find a solution at this problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker said today that he won't come back again to SA for a small injury...
    That's really the biggest problem that I had with the report. I know the OP originally translated it as "warned" but then changed it. I do not know if that was to make Tony look better or if it was a poor translation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Pop will be in France newt week, it woudl be a great idea if there were a meeting between TP, Pop and the French NT to find a solution at this problem.
    How the does everyone know this dude's daily schedule?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's really the biggest problem that I had with the report. I know the OP originally translated it as "warned" but then changed it. I do not know if that was to make Tony look better or if it was a poor translation.
    What Parker exactly said is "I've told them that I won't be back again, it's enough. I've made this trip just to hear them telling me that I was fine. I still knew that I was fine."

How the does everyone know this dude's daily schedule?
    It's simply TP who said that Pop will be there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people having such a hard time comprehending this?

The speculation that TP might get so upset that he won't resign with the Spurs was ludicruous. Was he upset? Yes. But no where near the speculation from some here.

The fact that TP would have tried to play against Italy along with the distrust/investment from the Spurs is why the Spurs asked TP to come home from France and not go there. It is not rocket science.

TP needed to be away from the pressures so things could be evaluated clearly. Not as bad as some make it out to be. Nor will TP get so mad at the Spurs over NT duties that he will walk away from them with the type of relationships he has built.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, he became a shoot first type of point guard. Now, Tony thinks he's bigger than the team. Parker is becoming a non Spurs type of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy
    alot of posters thought it was ok for manu to go
    and not listen to the spurs front office
    tp did
    and gets blasted for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, he became a shoot first type of point guard. Now, he thinks his bigger than the team. Parker is becoming a non Spurs type of player.
    manu would have signed an extension had he not played last offseason
    who is trying to be bigger then the team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu would have signed an extension had he not played last offseason
    who is trying to be bigger then the team
    This thread is about Tony not Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, he became a shoot first type of point guard. Now, Tony thinks he's bigger than the team. Parker is becoming a non Spurs type of player.
    A Spurs player is a team-first player.
    That's what he is right now, a french national team-first player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone tell Tony to quit acting like a little b****..... Holt just dished out alot of money this summer and he's just looking out for his (return)....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone tell Tony to quit acting like a little b****..... Holt just dished out alot of money this summer and he's just looking out for his (return)....
    Money, Money, Money... It's A Rich Man's World !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holt dished out money every year
    he has paid the tax before

Thread Information