My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy
    alot of posters thought it was ok for manu to go
    and not listen to the spurs front office
    tp did
    and gets blasted for it
    Are you ing kidding me?? Are you accusing other people of being hypocrites? you were one of the jackasses blasting Manu for doing it you ing prick and now you accuse others of double standard?

Seriously, you are beyond ing help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tp did what the front office asked
    manu did not

I do not want tp playing
    but if manu and duncan can and bowen try out to
    why can not tp?

I think all pros should not play I already stated that in this thread

oh and tp was not hurt when he went over there
    manu was

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Parker's sorry ass to that French team down in Naw'leans for Chris Paul. When you are paid the kind of money an NBA team pays you, your obligation is to that team and that team only. If you want to play for your National Team then don't sign with the NBA. I would allow an exception for the Olympics year but, any other year you decide who you represent...either America or some foreign team like them French Pussies.

If so many of us are tired of our players getting injured and not able to give the Spurs 100% then I can imagine how Pop and especially Peter Holt feels having to write the big checks. Here Peter Holt tells Pop and R.C. to go get the players and he'll foot the bill and what does French Pussy Tony Longoria do...he gives the Spurs F.O. the middle finger. Screw you Tony!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP, trade his ass for Pepe Sanchez!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Spurs player is a team-first player.
    That's what he is right now, a french national team-first player.
    So, the team that pays him only comes next to his National team?

Why about his team making sure that he is not badly hurt? Spurs management knows that Tim is on the decline and they want to make the most out of the situation. They added good talent to increase a chance of winning the le. Why would you even add talent, if you don't care about your star players getting hurt? The team just want to make sure everyone is healthy for the next season. Why about it!!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link or stop lying. I never said TP was fine with the Spurs position.
    look at the "TP back in SA" and "TP injury update" threads.
    Since when did kace turn into such a horrible poster? He used to be decent quality. Now he's like the French version of KBP with a chip on his shoulder who has some weird obsession with timvp.
    always liked to read you. really. nothing personal. but everyone not agreeing with you about a player or a topic isn't a "whoever" homer, a "whoever" hater, or a "KBP version".
    I used to say that the French posters were pound for pound the best on the site but kace has single-handedly ruined that. He's the worst kind of poster now -- homer to something other than the Spurs who lies to further his allegiance.
    i'm not using generalization, stigmatization and lame and false clichés to make my point (eg "european press isn't reliable" , Kace BP etc etc...)
    Hopefully he improves as a poster.
    will try.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Parker's sorry ass to that French team down in Naw'leans for Chris Paul. When you are paid the kind of money an NBA team pays you, your obligation is to that team and that team only. If you want to play for your National Team then don't sign with the NBA. I would allow an exception for the Olympics year but, any other year you decide who you represent...either America or some foreign team like them French Pussies.

If so many of us are tired of our players getting injured and not able to give the Spurs 100% then I can imagine how Pop and especially Peter Holt feels having to write the big checks. Here Peter Holt tells Pop and R.C. to go get the players and he'll foot the bill and what does French Pussy Tony Longoria do...he gives the Spurs F.O. the middle finger. Screw you Tony!
    And then, people will wonder why Splitter stays in Europe...

Tony plays for the French NT since he is a kid. The Spurs knew that and that they had not way to forbid Parker to play for its NT. So why did they propose him that big multi-year contract? It is their problem, not Parker's one.
    And if you want my opinion, the deal was not bad for the Spurs... Manu and Tony rewarded them penny for penny.

Sarah Palin is a Maverick freemeat's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans need to get used to it. Damn -- every NBA fan needs to get used to it. Unless there's some ridiculous clause in the new CBA (which will never happen) that says players can't play for their own country, you can't complain. If you were a professional athlete and had the chance to earn $50 million playing in France, you'd do it. And when the U.S. national team comes and asks you to play? Yeah, you'd want to do that too...

Tony (like any player) knows his own body more than anyone. I'm sure he's not "angry" but just frustrated. When you know you're "ok" and still have to fly home to clear with the foreign team's doctors (in San Antonio), you'd be upset missing a game for your country's team, too.

Put yourself in his shoes. He loves playing in San Antonio. I'm sure he'll sign with the highest-dollar contract (with or without the Spurs) when he's free again, but you seriously have to put yourself in his shoes. He's loyal to his country, just like you are to yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One week ago, both Spurs and Parker were upset about what happened. Spurs were upset to the point of Holt calling Parker and having bad words with him. Parker said himself that he was angry about Spurs calling him back.

Now, everybody has calmed down. Spurs have been calmed down with Parker coming back to SA. Parker has been calmed down by France NT winning in Italy and not losing by 15 or 20.

Next time, it could not end up as well. Parker said today that he won't come back again to SA for a small injury, so Spurs could be definitively pissed. Parker could also be pissed if he finally comes back to SA and it hurts the NT.

Now everybody has to be smart and to find a common ground. There are opposite interests in this story but a compromise must be find. Since Pop will be in France newt week, it woudl be a great idea if there were a meeting between TP, Pop and the French NT to find a solution at this problem.
    That's a very reasonable way to look at it. Both sides have their points, and I for one can understand the Spurs' point of view as well as Tony's.

Of course the Spurs are nervous after what happened to Manu, but maybe it would have been better to send their doctors over to Europe instead of making Tony travel to SA (probably, that was the Spurs' way to make sure he wouldn't play against Italy).

And of course you also have to respect Tony's wish to represent his country, regardless of which motivation he may have beyond national pride. I don't think it is that big a deal, though - just a disagreement that probably can be settled rather easily. Let's just hope Pop, Tony and the French NT can sort it out during Pop's visit to France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ the ones now wanting to trade parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah chris paul has a finals mvp and has played well in finals

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave Tony alone! He simply wants to play! His logic is understandable, I would be pissed too if i had to travel across the world for a doctor to look at a minor ankle sprain when i have games to play the next days. Why are you idiots so quick to jump on his ass after he has done so much for this team? It's not like hes a rookie scrub causing trouble cause he know no better. Hes an established vet who has earned to speak his mind. He may have stepped his boundaries but nobody's perfect.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    First Manu doing his thing, now Tony doing his own thing. Nobody listens to Pop and the Spurs anymore. It looks like there will be some serious team chemistry problems this year.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Eva Longoria doesn't tolerate anyone fornicating her husband.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    03-29-2009
    5 Reasons Spurs Have A Chance At #5

1.Parker
    2.Duncan
    3.Manu
    4.Defense
    5.Pop

Parker been playing really good, consistent basketball, if he can keep playing like this and Duncan/Manu stay healthy Spurs are going all the way.
    06-04-2009
    Tony Parker is horrible, he cant run the point, he has no court vision.

He only scores and his defense is not consistent, Tony Parker, he's the main reason why the Spurs struggle on offense for so many years.

TP = Scorer, that's it.

today

You are a funny guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First Manu doing his thing, now Tony doing his own thing. Nobody listens to Pop and the Spurs anymore. It looks like there will be some serious team chemistry problems this year.
    tp obeyed the spurs front office even if he did not want to
    also tp wanted an upgraded roster and he got it
    spurs plan was to wait another year

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tp obeyed the spurs front office even if he did not want to
    also tp wanted an upgraded roster and he got it
    spurs plan was to wait another year
    Hahah, just messin' with the locals.

You're supposed to say Lakers suck and Artest is a chemistry bomb...your answer is too reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahah, just messin' with the locals.

You're supposed to say Lakers suck and Artest is a chemistry bomb...your answer is too reasonable.
    Artest is a great signing for the Lakers, very good respond to the Spurs reacquire RJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP seemingly has one prissy ass at ude lately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it very amusing the amount of people that still dont understand how these things work. Especially since most of these posts are along the lines of "I'm a real homegrown trueblue san antonio spurs fan, and I'm tired of seeing my team's money stolen by the negligent foreigners, especially now that HoltCat made a sacrifice and invested when no one else did".

If you are such a big fan shouldn't you know that the CBA legally guarantees the players right to participate in international compe ion? If you understand the business side of things, don't you know that they have insurance for these contracts (without which players cannot play)? Do you understand that the spurs are owned by a group, and that that group has been making money every year despite millions in costs? Do you understand that, even with the additional expenses the spurs will have next year, and even with the possibility that injuries derail the season and we dont play the extra playoff games, this team will still probably make money next season? (tickets are usually sold well in advance based on expectation, and since insurance would pay the injured players salary... the only ones losing would be the fans, and the players themselves).

so, if you want to complain as a fan, ok I understand that. you are very emotionally attached and dont want any risks to jeapordize the season. I consider it rather silly to want a basketball player to stop playing basketball and preemptively flip out without the season being in actual danger but, I can understand that reaction. but it is rather laughable to argue that the poor ownership is going to lose money because of the fault of a player and to use that as a reason to blast the players. Ownership is consistently making money off the players year in year out, and if they do lose money, you know what? as the owner of the business if you hired that person you are responsible for the risks you take when you choose your personnel. I have a succesful business, but I know that I run the risk of losing money every day, week, month, especially if I become complacent. And if I choose to hire employees that arent committed to the business, whose fault is that? mine and no one elses. Same with overpaying. thats the ownerships fault, not the employee. So if you want to about tony or manu getting injured while playing on their NT, please stop talking about the poor ownership who will lose 80 million if they dont win a ship this year. they will in all likelihood make a profit regardless of where the spurs finish in the standings or how many games tony parker plays, and if they run a loss, it wont be because of one employee missing, especially when that employee's contract will be paid by an insurance company. about losing the chance at glory, but dont about businessmen losing money.

oh, and one more thing-
    I said it was stupid to overreact before the FNT or the spurs were adversely affected, and it turns out the FNT won that game w/o Parker. so really, was there really a need for either side to get this butt hurt over a mild ankle sprain in the middle of July? I'm glad the players and FO are a lot more mature than this board. I end up hoping they are really trolls...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look at the "TP back in SA" and "TP injury update"
    I never said that Parker was OK with the Spurs position. Show me where I did or stop lying.

Thanks.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy
    alot of posters thought it was ok for manu to go
    and not listen to the spurs front office
    tp did
    and gets blasted for it
    You were ripping Manu for it too.

Take Tony's out of your mouth for five minutes and admit he ed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did he up? He's close to 100% healthy and not playing at the moment...
    Enough with the bashing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were ripping Manu for it too.

Take Tony's out of your mouth for five minutes and admit he ed up.
    I do not want him there
    but he DID NOTHING WRONG
    MANU WAS HURT BEFORE GOING OVER THERE
    THERE WAS A BIG DIFFERENCE
    SPURS even told manu no contract extention talk if you go over there
    spurs were trying everything to keep manu home
    HE ED UP
    tp went home like the front office wanted
    but he could have acted like manu and said YOU no
    but he did not
    quit sucking manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did he up? He's close to 100% healthy and not playing at the moment...
    Enough with the bashing!
    he does not play for the country manu plays for

Thread Information