Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by lefty; 08-09-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if this thread will still be going by the time training camp begins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if this thread will still be going by the time training camp begins?
    It will in June 2010

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    google "irony", then maybe you'll understand the post you linked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    google "irony", then maybe you'll understand the post you linked.

"TP the best player in the world"

Classic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please stop posting you're embarassing yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I'm embarassing yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad little boy.
    you really don't know if someone is being serious, do you?

oh and weak for only posting a part of my post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lefty looses all credibility when it comes to any discussion about TP. You have to just ignore him. He just has a hatred for him and its hard to have an unbiased convo with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lefty looses all credibility when it comes to any discussion about TP. You have to just ignore him. He just has a hatred for him and its hard to have an unbiased convo with him.
    I don't really hate Parker

But he is not perfect, nobody is, and TP fanboys believe he is.

In that case, they lose the little credibility they had.

Right, Spursfan09 ?

I'm the #1 Manu fan, but that doesn't prevent me to criticize him when he deserves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm the #1 Manu fan, but that doesn't prevent me to criticize him when he deserves it.

Right, Spursfan09 ?
    more perfect then any spur last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more perfect then any spur last year
    TP was awesome last season, no question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Right, Spursfan09 ?

If you read this whole thread you will see how I didn't like how he complained to the media, infact i do get on TP when I think he deserves, but some people on this site take every opportunity to bash him when he makes a wrong move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you read this whole thread you will see how I didn't like how he complained to the media, infact i do get on TP when I think he deserves, but some people on this site take every opportunity to bash him when he makes a wrong move.
    Hey, it's the offseason, we're bored

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a big game, but there is a very big one against Italy in height days too. and if we suceed, there will be the finals (2 games end of august) and the nine games of the Euro in Poland. I have to think about a progressive come back. i'm tired from the 30 hours of flight in five days. I'll try friday night with an intensive training. If my ankle isn't swelled, i'll play against Finland. The spurs would like me to miss this game too. we'll see. what is sure is that i won't play 40 minutes. I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain.
    Tony and the French fans can take it personally if they want. But everything about the Spurs' track record shows that they are willing to keep a player on the bench until they are 100% comfortable in his health - even if it means losing a game or two.

Tony says he is still feeling "a dicsomfort". I guarantee you that Pop would look long and hard at that, if this were the NBA season. Even if you disagree with what the Spurs did (e.g. European fan), you have to admit that they aren't hypocrits. They haven't done a single thing differently because it was the French NT.

Tony should probably deal with management privately. But I guess this way we can all see where he is, and form our own opinions. I'm just not sure that will serve him too well in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you ever angry at your boss at work?
    if you actually have a job
    Uh, this aint about me - or you even.

Never compare the common man to the athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF

Re ed as always

Apparently I'm not the only one to think you are a litle bit biaised when you talk about TP (euphemism).

Don't forget TP is the best NBA player (sequ's favorite used by french posters to joke around). I have a scoop for you we don't really believe that, I believe for instance Lebron is better and maybe Kobe: TP is the third best nba player .

Oh and thanks for the re ed as always (irony)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony and the French fans can take it personally if they want. But everything about the Spurs' track record shows that they are willing to keep a player on the bench until they are 100% comfortable in his health - even if it means losing a game or two.

Tony says he is still feeling "a dicsomfort". I guarantee you that Pop would look long and hard at that, if this were the NBA season. Even if you disagree with what the Spurs did (e.g. European fan), you have to admit that they aren't hypocrits. They haven't done a single thing differently because it was the French NT.
    i totally disagree. the spurs can afford to lose one game or two during the regular season.

but would they bench one of their (best) player for such a minor injury during the PO. no. Tim was benched some games to rest his knees, but not in PO. Even manu was reported to be expected to play if we reached the WCF, which he would never have done so quickly if it was the RS. and he played injured last year in PO.

there isn't any meaningless official game in international NT compe ions, especially not these ones for the french NT. To compare that with a RS game is just a bad (dishonest ?) comparison.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you know? It's the "in" thing to do right now. We have a whole thread of Manu fans that are embracing it wholeheartedly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i totally disagree. the spurs can afford to lose one game or two during the regular season.

but would they bench one of their (best) player for such a minor injury during the PO. no. Tim was benched some games to rest his knees, but not in PO. Even manu was reported to be expected to play if we reached the WCF, which he would never have done so quickly if it was the RS. and he played injured last year in PO.

there isn't any meaningless official game in international NT compe ions, especially not these ones for the french NT. To compare that with a RS game is just a bad (dishonest ?) comparison.

Never say never. I would think it depends on the situation. If the Spurs are playing a 2nd tier playoff team and if we hold home court and the Spurs are up 2-0; Tony would have the 2-3 days rest before the away games begin. If Tony is experiencing "discomfort" I would bet Pop would hold him out 1 or possibly even two games.

Now if in the 2nd round, if Tony is still experiencing that same minor discomfort and we're lucky enough to draw the Fakers, Mavs or Blazers, I think Pop plays him because it's sink or swim and we'll burn the bridges behind us.

Just like the French NT coach, because for them its one and done. So I understand that there was a lot riding on the Italy game.

And just for the record, I'm not a Tony basher, I love TP and I hope he stays a Spur his entire career. The only problem I have with him is that while his interview with the French press is not as confrontational as many present it to be, I wish he would communicate his displeasure solely throught the Spurs - that way it doesn't give the appearance of a house divided and there is disharmony between Tony and the Spurs FO and ownership.

This minor, minor transgression is nothing that should have Spurs Fans foreign and domestic feuding.

Believe.
    My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    o.All the best!
    www.nowgoal.com/25.shtml

Thread Information