My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay in France and eat the fries then.
    Trade his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was there to be mad about though? He saw first hand what happens when a teammmate plays when not fully healed. The Spurs did not want another situation like last year with Gino.

He came back, that is true. But he needs to understand why he had to come back instead of being angry about it.

exactly, first he goes out there and gets another ankle injury, but in his spoiled mind we have the nerve to call him back to san antonio to get checked out by u.s doctors, on the spurs biggest offseason, this guy has the audacity to bash the spurs f.o in the media!! if anything pop should be mad, unlike his FRENCH team the SPURS DO HAVE A SHOT AT WINNING IT ALL!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diva

Seriously I love Tony Parker, but he's always been frank and this time it actually got on my nerves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but made it clear that it was useless and he didn't agree.
    It wasn't useless- that is the whole point. There were valid reasons for it. Just because it turned out OK does not make it useless.

He just needs to quit ing about it. The Spurs were nice and released a statement appreciating his cooperation, and this is his response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly, first he goes out there and gets another ankle injury, but in his spoiled mind we have the nerve to call him back to san antonio to get checked out by u.s doctors, on the spurs biggest offseason, this guy has the audacity to bash the spurs f.o in the media!! if anything pop should be mad, unlike his FRENCH team the SPURS DO HAVE A SHOT AT WINNING IT ALL!!!!
    Kindly point me to where said FO bashing occurred. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I still think this is all overblown anyway.

Did it suck that he got hurt? Sure.

Were the Spurs justified in wanting to ensure he was OK? Yup.

Is it natural for Parker to be frustrated over missing a potentially crucial game? I'd say so.

Did he go against the Spurs' wishes when they asked him to return? No.

And I'm not touching the 'NT vs Spurs' argument with a 10-foot pole.

basically, you're right. not a big deal there. but there are 2 points you forget:

1- If France lost against Italy, it could have ed the french campaign for the Euro when TP could have maybe helped (we'll never know, and maybe we will fail with him...). now, the trip has tired him even more and may be delayed his healing and come back.

2- the french medias were right about the situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That puto. He wasn't complaining when He and Eva came over and I made them dinner. We had Frensh Fries, Frensh toast, Frensh bread, Croissants, some pinche snails that took me all day to find, and Frensh dip sangwishes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has always been outspoken, so this is no surprise. I'm very glad for their win over Italy, or this could have festered more than it already has.

People need to understand that there are legitimate gripes on both sides. Hopefully they can sit down like adults after Tony comes back and talk it out. Enough with the insults and trade talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay in France and eat the fries then.
    Trade his ass.
    The gang of 20 posts count in action... lol

Do you register here just for bashing TP ? honnest question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the morons crawl out of the woodwork is always funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has always been outspoken, so this is no surprise. I'm very glad for their win over Italy, or this could have festered more than it already has.

People need to understand that there are legitimate gripes on both sides. Hopefully they can sit down like adults after Tony comes back and talk it out. Enough with the insults and trade talk.
    Tony's the one instigating more drama, by moving his mouth. I understand he's angry, but he doesn't have to talk to the media about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't useless- that is the whole point. There were valid reasons for it. Just because it turned out OK does not make it useless.

He just needs to quit ing about it. The Spurs were nice and released a statement appreciating his cooperation, and this is his response.
    his response is to say that it will help the relationship between the french NT and the spurs. very reasonable.

don't let you influenced too much by my le, which was clearly made to make some members here shut up about what was true or not.

TP's interview, even if he said he was angry, was rather diplomatic.

i think it shows greater respect to make a thing when you disagree than when you agree. here, TP still came back when not only he disagreed, but he didn't have to considering the NBA rules.

if that doesn't show his dedication to the spurs, i don't know what will then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we can say Parker is honest.

But I would be ticked off if I was Parker as well, from Parker's perspective, the FO showed an amount of distrust not only towards the FT medical staff, but also Parker himself. He thought, "I already told you I am fine, what is the problem? Are you saying I am lying?", but the FO was mainly just to get a second opinion and make sure that everything is OK.

Finally, it never fails, someone has to bring up Manu to bash Tony, way to bring up the team concept, folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...from Parker's perspective, the FO showed an amount of distrust not only towards the FT medical staff, but also Parker himself.
    With historical basis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and now, i'm sure i will see some TP bashing for him saying what he really feels (you know, the same ones who praises him for his true speaking usually).

the fact is that TP, even if he disagreed clearly, went back to SA.
    for me, not only that shows his strong character and his dedication to the french NT (his anger), but also clearly his professional behaviour, respect and dedication too to the Spurs organisation (he still went back as asked).
    Wouldn't it have been better for TP to be a little more tactful when talking to the media. If he is displeased, he has a right to tell it to the Spurs but the more you keep it in private the better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't it have been better for TP to be a little more tactful when talking to the media. If he is displeased, he has a right to tell it to the Spurs but the more you keep it in private the better.
    he is the way he is. but honestly, he didn't say anything too hard. "i was angry about this obligation". basically, that was all. and he was right IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kindly point me to where said FO bashing occurred. Thanks.

Honestly, I don't understand this decision, because of all the tests done with the French doctors and the Spurs," he said. "I regret what is going (on). I am obligated to follow what my (NBA) club wanted me to do, but I hope to come back as soon as possible to participate in the qualification with the French national team."

I went to the US very angry about this obligation. To see the french NT win against Italy helped me to calm down a little bit.

I said them that i won't come back. If it's to hear that everything is OK, what's the point of all this ? If i kept on treating in France instead of going to SA, i could have played in Italy.

i would say hes aggressively questioning the f.o wouldnt you?, if he wasnt would this thread be here? no and i dont think people are over reacting, if your a spurs fan this lifts your eyebrow a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... "i could have played in Italy."

Will you play against Finland, saturday in Pau ?
    .... "I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain."
    Great news. The guy several days later still feeels discomfort from the sprain but still would have played several days earlier when the ankle was probably significatly worse and more swollen. He's so anxious to play for France he'll do stupid things. Spurs know this and need to step in to keep the child from scrweing up himself and the Spurs $80 million dollar season.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony you soft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not seeing where he actually bashed the FO. All I see is him not being happy with that particular decision.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news. The guy several days later still feeels discomfort from the sprain but still would have played several days earlier when the ankle was probably significatly worse and more swollen. He's so anxious to play for France he'll do stupid things. Spurs know this and need to step in to keep the child from scrweing up himself and the Spurs $80 million dollar season.
    Players play through discomfort and little injuries all the year. ALL THE YEAR.

but yeah, the NBA teams are paying them, so it's not the same thing. that's where we disagree.

the great thing about it is that now, the over cautious spurs staff has given tony the green light. and if, very unfortunately, he reinjured himself (same or other injury), the french staff couldn't be criticized since the spurs one had the same opinion. though, it wouldn't prevent the spurs to probably stop any green light for manu or tony to play with their NT in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what this article says, but if he's "angry" or ing he needs to STFU.

And remember who signs your damn checks.
    Ideally generosity should be repaid with generosity.

In this case I'm sure the Spurs would settle for Tony humoring them while they take a closer look at their 66 million dollar investment.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is perfectly justified in being upset, just as the Spurs' concerns were justified. I think there should have been a better contingency plan that could have kept him in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video of Parker press conference (for french speaking posters):
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa3...7-parker_sport

You can also find other interviews and a video of this morning's practice here:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/pau-orthez_com

TP also said that Pop will be in France to watch the game against Italy in one week.

Thread Information