Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2...trop-vite.html

i'm going to translate. at least now it's clear coming from TP's mouth.

Tony, how did you live this forced trip to SA ?

I went to the US very angry about this obligation. To see the french NT win against Italy helped me to calm down a little bit. In SA, the Spurs staff saw my ankle was fine.

Do you think you went back in SA for nothing ?

This story will help the french NT in his relationship with the NBA teams. I went to SA with the osteopath, Fabrice Gauthier, who kept on treating me on the plane. In SA, the spurs medical staff let Gauthier work and checked his method. The spurs were convinced about the quality of the french medical staff. After an examination, they asked me to train normally. I said them that i won't come back. If it's to hear that everything is OK, what's the point of all this ? If i kept on treating in France instead of going to SA, i could have played in Italy.

After that, he talks about the french NT and says he has to fit in this team who was good against Italy.

Will you play against Finland, saturday in Pau ?

It's a big game, but there is a very big one against Italy in height days too. and if we suceed, there will be the finals (2 games end of august) and the nine games of the Euro in Poland. I have to think about a progressive come back. i'm tired from the 30 hours of flight in five days. I'll try friday night with an intensive training. If my ankle isn't swelled, i'll play against Finland. The spurs would like me to miss this game too. we'll see. what is sure is that i won't play 40 minutes. I still feel a discomfort which is logical after an ankle sprain.
    Last edited by kace; 08-07-2009 at 02:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2...trop-vite.html

i'm going to translate. at least now it's clear coming from TP's mouth.

Tony, how did you live this forced trip to SA ?

I went to the US very angry about this obligation. To see the french NT win against Italy helped me to calm down a little bit. In SA, the Spurs staff saw my ankle was fine.

Estimez-vous y être allé pour rien ?
    Cet épisode va aider l'équipe de France dans ses relations avec les clubs NBA. Je suis parti à San Antonio avec l'ostéopathe Fabrice Gauthier, qui a poursuivi les soins dans l'avion. Arrivé là-bas, le staff médical des Spurs a laissé Gauthier travailler et a observé sa méthode. Comme il est le seul à m'avoir manipulé, il a pu expliquer les soins prodigués. Les Spurs ont été convaincus de la grande qualité du staff médical de l'équipe de France. Après un examen de contrôle, ils m'ont donc demandé de m'entraîner normalement. Je leur ai dit que je ne reviendrai pas. Si c'est pour m'entendre dire que tout va bien, à quoi bon ? Si j'avais poursuivi les soins au lieu de voyager, j'aurais pu jouer en Italie.

Avez-vous suivi la victoire de l'équipe de France en Italie ?
    Quand je suis arrivé à San Antonio, j'ai appris les forfaits de (Joseph) Gomis et (Mamoutou) Diarra, l'incer ude qui pesait sur la participation de (Ronny) Turiaf. Heureusement tout s'est bien passé, la jeune génération a bien aidé les anciens. Je suivais l'évolution du score sur l'ordinateur. Et puis, dans la nuit de jeudi à vendredi, j'en ai profité pour voir le match à la vidéo. L'équipe a réalisé un très bon match. Il se joue à rien, quand l'Italie mène de quatre points avec la balle de +7 en mains. Mais la roue tourne. On a mis des shoots qu'on ne réussit pas tous les jours.

«C'est à moi de me fondre dans ce groupe»

Comment voyez-vous votre retour dans cette équipe de France qui a su gagner sans vous ?
    C'est à moi de me fondre dans ce groupe qui vient de réaliser une grosse performance. L'objectif n'a pas changé: on doit arriver à tous bien jouer en même temps. Le jour où Batum, Flo Pietrus, Diaw, moi, enfin tous, nous parviendrons à mettre beaucoup d'agressivité, on pourra prétendre à quelque chose de grand. Mais on connaît nos difficultés à enchaîner les gros matches. La Finlande et l'Italie à Pau nous offrent l'occasion d'y parvenir. Pour ma part, je dois juste penser à m'insérer dans le collectif, à me remettre en forme. Je suis serein mais je ne veux pas aller trop vite.

Serez-vous sur le terrain contre la Finlande, samedi à Pau ?
    Il s'agit d'un gros match, mais il y en a un très gros dans huit jours contre l'Italie (le 14 août à Pau). Et si nous nous qualifions, il y aura la finale du repêchage (les 27 et 30 août) et les neuf rencontres de l'Euro en Pologne. Je dois penser à un retour progressif. Je suis rentré fatigué par les 30 heures de voyage en cinq jours. Je vais me tester vendredi soir lors d'un entraînement intensif. Si ma cheville ne gonfle pas, je pourrai jouer contre la Finlande. Les Spurs aimeraient que je ne participe pas à ce match, on verra. Je ne jouerai pas 40 minutes, c'est sûr. Je ressens encore une gêne normale après une entorse.»

I have no idea what this article says, but if he's "angry" or ing he needs to STFU.

And remember who signs your damn checks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not good, Tony.

Bob Kelso is an awful man Dr Cox's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love the national pride for players but you need to do what the team who pays you says, its fine to play on your own, but without an nba career, hes nuthing compared to what he is now,

i know people are going ot argue that, but

spurs and being healthy in your last years to play with the greatist powerforward ever is no 1 priority !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have always thought tony parker was y, imagine if we never had ginobili or timmy i think he would be a different person, and who knows what kind of personality have after timmy leaves! if you pay attention to some of the older comments as well he comes off kinda penisy haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have always thought tony parker was y, imagine if we never had ginobili or timmy i think he would be a different person, and who knows what kind of personality have after timmy leaves! if you pay attention to some of the older comments as well he comes off kinda penisy haha
    cool story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know im going to get all sorts of for this, but i was watching the 09 allstar weekeknd last night, and god tony sucked at that pg, challenge! if he keeps talking it would be nice to package him up w, someone and get derrick rose! hahaha i know i know its not gonna happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your point?
    My point ?

we had to hear from the great Timvp and his groupies that all of this was french medias BS and that Tony was OK with spurs position. FALSE. we heared he couldn't have played against Italy. FALSE again.

and now, i'm sure i will see some TP bashing for him saying what he really feels (you know, the same ones who praises him for his true speaking usually).

the fact is that TP, even if he disagreed clearly, went back to SA.
    for me, not only that shows his strong character and his dedication to the french NT (his anger), but also clearly his professional behaviour, respect and dedication too to the Spurs organisation (he still went back as asked).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, so much for the "maturity" Tony supposedly exercised during the whole incident.. just because he can give an interview doesn't mean he has to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know im going to get all sorts of for this, but i was watching the 09 allstar weekeknd last night, and god tony sucked at that pg, challenge! if he keeps talking it would be nice to package him up w, someone and get derrick rose! hahaha i know i know its not gonna happen
    Oh yeah, that would be great! This way we finally would have someone to perform great in a meaningless ASW event!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im sorry did you miss the bulls playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love the national pride for players but you need to do what the team who pays you says, its fine to play on your own, but without an nba career, hes nuthing compared to what he is now,
    obviously, TP agreed with you since he came back to SA as asked. that doesn't mean he was pleased, and i think we could understand that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, that would be great! This way we finally would have someone to perform great in a meaningless ASW event!
    lol owned ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for me, not only that shows his strong character and his dedication to the french NT (his anger), but also clearly his professional behaviour, respect and dedication too to the Spurs organisation (he still went back as asked).
    Then he would have said- I was disappointed at having to fly back to SA and miss the game with Italy, but I understood the Spurs' concerns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker-bashing and a trade call in less than 10 replies. Cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, to be fair, Manu bashing was at all time high when he went down playing for Argentina and he did it without the spoiled, overprivileged at ude of Parker. Dude is a chump for not expecting an overzealous medical staff after what happened to Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker-bashing and a trade call in less than 10 replies. Cool.
    maybe i shouldn't have put the "i was angry" thing in the le, knowing what kind of blind reaction that could bring against TP. but since it was a hot discussion topic for days, i'm happy everything is clear now.

the worst thing is that for being too cautious, the spurs could have put even more tiredness and pressure on TP, preventing him to heal quietly, as he obviously thinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu vs tony thread

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obviously, TP agreed with you since he came back to SA as asked. that doesn't mean he was pleased, and i think we could understand that.
    What was there to be mad about though? He saw first hand what happens when a teammmate plays when not fully healed. The Spurs did not want another situation like last year with Gino.

He came back, that is true. But he needs to understand why he had to come back instead of being angry about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu vs tony thread

manu and tony are on the same side here. The NT's one. even if their situation, in many regards, isn't the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like tony is turning into a . that's what s om & media attention do I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu and tony are on the same side here. The NT's one. even if their situation, in many regards, isn't the same.
    i was just saying that because of Death In June post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I still think this is all overblown anyway.

Did it suck that he got hurt? Sure.

Were the Spurs justified in wanting to ensure he was OK? Yup.

Is it natural for Parker to be frustrated over missing a potentially crucial game? I'd say so.

Did he go against the Spurs' wishes when they asked him to return? No.

And I'm not touching the 'NT vs Spurs' argument with a 10-foot pole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was just saying that because of Death In June post
    oh sorry. i knew this kind of remarks would come here, since for many members, the NBA and the Spurs can't be wrong.

still, i'm happy with Tony's behaviour. He came back, showing his respect for the spurs, but made it clear that it was useless and he didn't agree.

Manu didn't follow the spurs' will, being in a very worse medical situation than tony (age, previous injury...). but the behaviour is comparable between them. and that's great for me.

Thread Information