Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not equating the two as a means to say one cause is as bad/equal to the other.

What I'm saying is that using a visual image of an Arab (a turban) in a derogatory manner is offensive.

Obviously, not all people who wear turbans are terrorists, and not all terrorists wear turbans. But it's a stereotype, and it puts across the fear that all Arabs are to be distrusted. It'd be like putting "taco-loving" in front of the name of someone who supported illegal immigration amnesty.
    Or it would be like calling people that think that our immigration laws should be enforced.....racist,and extremists.
    or it would be like calling someone who is pro-life an extremist.
    Or it would be like calling someone who believes the 2nd admendment is a personal right, a right this nation has recognized for over two hundred years as a personal right... it would be like calling them an extremist
    It would be like calling returning vetrans potentail terrorists.
    It would be like calling cornerend citizens "crazed mobs" or shills for the insurance companies .Or shwaztika totting nazis
    It would be like calling cops doing their jobs stupid
    You can see how ridiculous it looks when you or other liberals try to peddle your apoligist nosense off, and people doubt your motives, or your sensitive little hearts.
    You call coulter divissive, are you serious.....we have a president who suckled at the of a hate mongering racist and anti semite like the Rev. Wright for 20 years, and your concerned about "turban Durban".
    We have a president who nominates bettle browed racist thugs to the supreme court and Coulter's divisivness and sterotypes bother you?
    We have a president who asks citizens to turn in the names of political dissenters, something no head of any republic to my knowledge has ever done, and is most likely illegal to boot. and you see Ann Coulter as a threat.

I don't think Ann Coulter gives a about what the left think of her.I think that she may have come to the conclusion that her political views are "verboten" and have made her and millions of others like minded people Persona Non grata and they are more intersested in educating and organizing each other and action than apology.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Hopes4Dopes, you completely misunderstood. Read it again, and try to comprehend.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or it would be like calling people that think that our immigration laws should be enforced.....racist,and extremists.
    or it would be like calling someone who is pro-life an extremist.
    Or it would be like calling someone who believes the 2nd admendment is a personal right, a right this nation has recognized for over two hundred years as a personal right... it would be like calling them an extremist
    It would be like calling returning vetrans potentail terrorists.
    It would be like calling cornerend citizens "crazed mobs" or shills for the insurance companies .Or shwaztika totting nazis
    It would be like calling cops doing their jobs stupid
    You can see how ridiculous it looks when you or other liberals try to peddle your apoligist nosense off, and people doubt your motives, or your sensitive little hearts.
    You call coulter divissive, are you serious.....we have a president who suckled at the of a hate mongering racist and anti semite like the Rev. Wright for 20 years, and your concerned about "turban Durban".
    We have a president who nominates bettle browed racist thugs to the supreme court and Coulter's divisivness and sterotypes bother you?
    We have a president who asks citizens to turn in the names of political dissenters, something no head of any republic to my knowledge has ever done, and is most likely illegal to boot. and you see Ann Coulter as a threat.

I don't think Ann Coulter gives a about what the left think of her.I think that she may have come to the conclusion that her political views are "verboten" and have made her and millions of others like minded people Persona Non grata and they are more intersested in educating and organizing each other and action than apology.
    she's smart enough to know there are enough dupes out there to sell liberal bashing books..she has got a nice niche. all she has to do write a coloring book that bashes libs and the dead enders rush out to buy it...

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    SO MUCH FOR WISE LATINAS; July 1, 2009
    Obama's Justice-designate Sotomayor threw out their lawsuit in a sneaky, unsigned opinion -- the judicial equivalent of "talk to the hand." She upheld the city's race discrimination against white and Hispanic firemen on the grounds that the test had a "disparate impact" on blacks, meaning that it failed to promote some magical percentage of blacks
    Sneaky, because no extensive opinion writing was made. Unsigned, because it was the proper term.

IS THERE A TRIAL LAWYER IN THE HOUSE? September 19, 2007. In this piece, she is talking about Trial Lawyers. Read the parts of the article before she states:
    In college, my roommate was in the chemistry lab Friday and Saturday nights while I was dancing on tables at the Chapter House. A few years later, she was working 20-hour days as a resident at Mount Sinai doing liver transplants while I was frequenting popular Upper East Side drinking establishments. She was going to Johns Hopkins for yet more medical training while I was skiing and following the Grateful Dead. Now she vacations in places like Rwanda and Darfur with Doctors Without Borders while I'm going to Paris.

(Has anyone else noticed the nonexistence of a charitable organization known as "Lawyers Without Borders"?)

She makes $380 for an emergency appendectomy, or one-ten-thousandth of what John Edwards made suing doctors like her, and one-fourth of what John Edwards' hairdresser makes for a single shag cut.
    Lawyers without Borders is a new group since 2000 that she likely wasn't aware of when she was making a satirical point. Besides, they are not type to fit the context of what she was saying.

GOODBYE, AMERICA! IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED; February 11, 2009

Read this article and compare the two articles different facts. Coulter was addressing welfare cases. The article you link includes all mothers. This last decade, couples think nothing of it not to get married and plan for children. They are not the people Coulter is talking about. Also, I remember the changes in 1996. Although not directly discourages, there were changes in the law that reduced unwanted pregnancies.

As for the Vote Fraud, she was cleared. Why? Because she didn't do anything intentionally wrong. One allegation is that you cannot be registered in two places. I don't recall ever revoking a registration one place when moving. The system is suppose to remove the other one, right? When she bought the place in Florida, she used her Realtors address for some reason on her application. She probably got the addresses mixed up. Then of course, she voted in precinct by listed address even though it was the wrong precinct. She voted using the absentee ballot given to her while in NY. There was no intent to commit any type of fraud, and was a mistake anyone could make when moving.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You're intellectually dishonest, like a good lefty...
    Watch it spin that way... Ann Coulter style...
    Hey, you just asked for times where she was wrong.

Tell me WC, do you HONESTLY fact check every book you read, and then fact check the other sources? What about those sources? Can you trust those sources as well?

I can keep gain-saying each of your sources as much as I want as well. Who does Coulter rely on for sources? Do you trust the sources SHE'S using as well?
    I see you two were busy in other stuff while I did LnGrrrR's homework.

As for checking all facts, of course not. At least I don't continue to make posts without an acceptable level of fact checking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopes4Dopes, you completely misunderstood. Read it again, and try to comprehend.
    I'll take that as .....oops was my facisim showing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's always showing..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she's smart enough to know there are enough dupes out there to sell liberal bashing books..she has got a nice niche. all she has to do write a coloring book that bashes libs and the dead enders rush out to buy it...

George have you been trying to chew gum and walk at he same time again? You know what the doctor told you about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George have you been trying to chew gum and walk at he same time again? You know what the doctor told you about that.
    how about admitting you are praising a plagiarist?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about admitting you are praising a plagerist?

yes.....yes...oh god I admit it, but have some sympathy not everyone has an intellect like yours.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, how can a fossil record support evolution? I think she probably made a safe statement. It is theory, nothing more.

Godless page 215-216:

I think I'll leave it at the two pages. Copyright reasons. But the book for more. She makes compelling articles and references several people and works.

Just looking up evolution in the index, it covers several pages:

Wait, why should we base things on something so inherently flawed as the fossil record when talking about Evolution? Does she mention the Central Dogma at all in her book(s)? If not (and it wouldn't shock me) she's just being intellectually dishonest. We don't need fossils to see that Evolution is a pretty solid theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes.....yes...oh god I admit it, but have some sympathy not everyone has an intellect like yours.
    I figured you'd duck it. Go back to praising your plagiarism buddy...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured you'd duck it. Go back to praising your plagiarism buddy...
    Whoa .... missed that bullet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa .... missed that bullet.
    No defense.... figures.Nice playing with you..a dishonest person praising a dishonest person.. you conservatives are to much..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Wait, why should we base things on something so inherently flawed as the fossil record when talking about Evolution? Does she mention the Central Dogma at all in her book(s)? If not (and it wouldn't shock me) she's just being intellectually dishonest. We don't need fossils to see that Evolution is a pretty solid theory.
    First off, she does not make any statement saying evolution isn't true. In fact, on page 199, she says:
    Even if evolution were true, it wouldn't disprove God. God has performed more spectacular feats than evolution. It's not even a daunting challenge to a belief in God. If you want something that complicates a belief in God, try coming to terms with Michael Moore being one of God's special creatures.

Although Go believers don't need evolution to be false, atheists need evolution to be true. William Provine, an evolutionary biologist at Cornell University, calls Darwinism the greatest engine of atheism devised by man. His fellow Darwin disciple, Oxford zoologist Richard Dawkins, famously said, "Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist." This is why there is mass panic of the left whenever someone mentions the vast and ac ulating evidence against evolution.
    Now no one I have ever heard completely disregards evolution. Just that it cannot account for all but a few of the changes we see in nature.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off, she does not make any statement saying evolution isn't true. In fact, on page 199, she says:Now no one I have ever heard completely disregards evolution. Just that it cannot account for all but a few of the changes we see in nature.
    It's funny how ridiculous that quote is. On what is she basing, "God has performed more spectacular feats than evolution"? A book? Instead of actual science like we base our theories on Evolution. God believers don't need ANYTHING to be false because they'll just claim God did it.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It's funny how ridiculous that quote is. On what is she basing, "God has performed more spectacular feats than evolution"? A book? Instead of actual science like we base our theories on Evolution. God believers don't need ANYTHING to be false because they'll just claim God did it.
    Careful, you'll fall into one of her traps. We acknowledge that believing in God is a "faith." As a faith, it is common to talk about as fact, however, we all know it's faith. One thing she points out is the liberals "faith in government." I could go on, but you should read what she says yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off, she does not make any statement saying evolution isn't true. In fact, on page 199, she says:Now no one I have ever heard completely disregards evolution. Just that it cannot account for all but a few of the changes we see in nature.

Evolution?

Evolution is true; it happens; it IS verifiable. It is non debatable fact.

The part of Darwinism that is "theory" is "Natural Selection"; that is; WHY and HOW evolution occurs, not WHETHER evolution occurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and non believer have to make just as extreme, or even more extreme, leaps of faith.

but that has been hashed and rehashed a billion times here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and non believer have to make just as extreme, or even more extreme, leaps of faith.

Not really. We all know Obama is the antichrist.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Evolution?

Evolution is true; it happens; it IS verifiable. It is non debatable fact.

The part of Darwinism that is "theory" is "Natural Selection"; that is; WHY and HOW evolution occurs, not WHETHER evolution occurs.
    You know, I should be more careful on the wording. It is "Darwinism" that is being attacked by Coulter, more than evolution. Specifically, that aspect of evolution.

Thanx.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No defense.... figures.Nice playing with you..a dishonest person praising a dishonest person.. you conservatives are to much..
    Wow G it's amazing just how stupid you really are. I'm sure during lulls at the jack in the box you work at you give insightfull political analyzes through jack's head.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I see you two were busy in other stuff while I did LnGrrrR's homework.

As for checking all facts, of course not. At least I don't continue to make posts without an acceptable level of fact checking.
    Eh, you obviously can marshal more facts than I abot Coulter. it doesn't concern me enough to do a cursory search. As we both noted, she'll use divisive rhetoric on purpose, as well as saying things that are bound to inflame passion (like, ya know, carpetbomb and convert them to Christianity). That was my major point. And even when she gets something wrong, you're willing to apologize for her (oh, she probably didn't know that existed...)

As well, you still won't answer why you think the sources that Ann Coulter uses are relevant. Tell me, what's your DEFINITE proof that a source is correct? How far down the rabbit hole do you go?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Wtf? Do you even know what fascism means?

You're so re ed, that even if I DID support terrorists, that would just go to show I was AGAINST fascism... how many facscist forms of government are there in which terrorists are permitted? Go ahead, try to actually THINK before answering with some trite stupidity.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Eh, either non-believers make one less leap of faith, or one of a much lesser degree, no matter how you view it.

Putting "God" in for the mathematical complexity it would take to create the universe does not mean the problem's solved.

Thread Information