Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm no fan of Man Coulter but she owned Carville in that debate.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Eh, you obviously can marshal more facts than I abot Coulter. it doesn't concern me enough to do a cursory search.
    It helps that I have some of her books at hand and understand what she's saying, rather than repeating other people's propaganda.
    As we both noted, she'll use divisive rhetoric on purpose, as well as saying things that are bound to inflame passion (like, ya know, carpetbomb and convert them to Christianity). That was my major point.
    It's something that gets her in the news enough that she sells her books more. It makes her money to be controversial.
    And even when she gets something wrong, you're willing to apologize for her (oh, she probably didn't know that existed...)
    I was actually surprised at that find. She is seldom wrong about something she says. Still, the group that exists does not have the attributes she was claiming in a group of lawyers that didn't exist. She meant there was no charitable group of "Trial Lawyers" that gets guilty people off. She probaly just made the name up for illustrative purposes, and by coincidence, a group with that name existed. The group with that name has good intent. The example she portrayed does not exist. Call her wrong on that account if you wish. That's an insignificant detail to what she clearly meant.
    As well, you still won't answer why you think the sources that Ann Coulter uses are relevant. Tell me, what's your DEFINITE proof that a source is correct? How far down the rabbit hole do you go?
    As a matter of history, people have repeatedly tried to discredit her work. Nobody to date has been able to discredit the facts and sources she uses, to any relevant degree. You can easily giver her a better than 99% record on her facts. You can search for hours and fins a thing or two that has some merit, but they are trivial like the naming of footnote vs. endnote. Everything I have seen people say she was wrong about had to be skewed in some way to make that assessment. What you found on the naming of "Lawyers Without Borders" is about as far off the facts as I've ever seen anyone come up with on her writings. It was nothing more than a unlucky coincidence she was wrong, in that, she was still right in the point she was making.

How far am I willing to go? In written text alone, without context, not far. That's only because you have to parse her sense of humor too. When something she states as fact is given though, I believe it. She has that good of a record.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Coulter is just a chatterbox. It's annoying how she slips in and out of that fake English accent. It just makes her look like even more of a scatterbrained elitist.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ItThat's an insignificant detail to what she clearly meant.
    What of the implication that Canada helped more in Vietnam than Iraq? As you said, she may have been right about the fact that some Canadians helped in the war, but her overall contention was that Canada was more loyal during Vietnam.

However, as shown, Canada has not only sent troops to Iraq, but ships and other combat items.

Wouldn't this imply her overall contention is wrong?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why doesn't anyone ever talk about Carville's thick hillbilly accent? I've never understood that. People gave Bush about his accent and how that Bush was a horrible speaker. What about hillbilly Carville? Does he get a pass because he's a liberal and Democrat?

Believe.
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Why doesn't anyone ever talk about Carville's thick hillbilly accent? I've never understood that. People gave Bush about his accent and how that Bush was a horrible speaker. What about hillbilly Carville? Does he get a pass because he's a liberal and Democrat?
    Probably because he isn't the President of the United States. Not to mention that he is pretty much a nobody.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Diss!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    For some reason, it does seem that specific bayou/cajun accent is not looked down upon as 'stupid' while most of the other southern accents are. It's kinda odd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it may be because Bayou/Cajun is so unique it is almost foreign, while deep woods Southern is just poor use of the English language

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf? Do you even know what fascism means?

You're so re ed, that even if I DID support terrorists, that would just go to show I was AGAINST fascism... how many facscist forms of government are there in which terrorists are permitted? Go ahead, try to actually THINK before answering with some trite stupidity.
    Iran

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf? Do you even know what fascism means?

You're so re ed, that even if I DID support terrorists, that would just go to show I was AGAINST fascism... how many facscist forms of government are there in which terrorists are permitted? Go ahead, try to actually THINK before answering with some trite stupidity.
    You know you're doing everything you can to play down, or deny the outrages of this regime, outrages that are getting millions active, and paint a legitamite face on a collection of some of the worst scoundrels this or any other nation has had to contend with, and guess what this hound just won't hunt.
    People are not being lulled into a complacanet sleep or, silenced by threats of state power. To try and defend this, is to stand with it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh really? Iran is a fascist regime? One that supports terrorism within their country?

Try again.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You know you're doing everything you can to play down, or deny the outrages of this regime, outrages that are getting millions active, and paint a legitamite face on a collection of some of the worst scoundrels this or any other nation has had to contend with, and guess what this hound just won't hunt.
    People are not being lulled into a complacanet sleep or, silenced by threats of state power. To try and defend this, is to stand with it.
    Wtf are you talking about? Honestly? Tell me where I've defended terrorism, anywhere, please.

Are you aware there is a difference between saying that turban=terrorists may be offensive to some and a poor choice of words, and actually supporting terrorism?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coulter is the better man
    good one.
    Actually are either one of them human?

Thread Information