Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...own_halls.html

Carville gets owned. So many people on the left HATE her but she could freaking out-argue anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't think she landed any blows, she kind of just deflected his hits. More like a split decision, I've seen Ann do much better than that. I guess if you consider that she didn't say "Jews should be perfected", "woman shouldn't be allowed to vote" or something else ridiculous you can call that a win.
    I guess we're going to argue over their argument.

Carville was asked about healthcare and the only thing he could do was scream about "birthers" and the stimulus.

Coulter, on the other hand, seemed to make a lot of sense. But then again, she's the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coulter is the better man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if you consider that she didn't say "Jews should be perfected",
    Out of context;

She was talking about Christianity being 'perfected" Judaism; and was actually being self-deprecatory.

Jews have to follow all these laws, rules, traditions, etc....to get to heaven. (Old Covenant) Christians got the same God, but all they have to do is "believe" in his son - much easier; fast track to heaven (New Covenant): Judaism "perfected"

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Out of context;

She was talking about Christianity being 'perfected" Judaism; and was actually being self-deprecatory.

Jews have to follow all these laws, rules, traditions, etc....to get to heaven. (Old Covenant) Christians got the same God, but all they have to do is "believe" in his son - much easier; fast track to heaven (New Covenant): Judaism "perfected"
    That's why Judaism is so much more coherent on its face, I find. The idea of a God with a chosen people, and a contract worked out with those people, makes far more sense to me than a three-in-one God who's willing to absolve all as long as they believe in him, but doom forever those who won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread never had a chance.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a straw man if I ever saw one. Since Ann went to Cornell and I would like to presume she obtained better vocabulary than what she said. Perfected is a real ambiguous term to use in that situation and it has more often been used in prejudiced social situations...mainly the eugenics movement. I would expect someone supposedly highly intellectual to have better wording for all the criticizing she does for others comments (and wording)
    In that same interview she cited a Seinfeld episode as evidence of inter-racial couples having a chip on their shoulder. Her intelligence is vastly overrated.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Other hilarious Ann Coulter quips:

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.
    While the form of treachery varies slightly from case to case, liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.
    Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant.
    "If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"
    "If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."
    "We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."
    "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."
    "Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."
    "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much." -on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Whichever way you slice it, Coulter either is or portrays a bombastic, bloodthirsty, phobic, racist persona.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She addressed the issue head-on. He went off about birthers, lost elections, and the stimulus.

Coulter - 1
    Carville - 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She addressed the issue head-on. He went off about birthers, lost elections, and the stimulus.

Coulter - 1
    Carville - 0
    I didn't realize we were keeping score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those statements were directly relevant to the question. He was asked about the effect of those people in townhall forums to Obama's influence. That was his response. If the question was about the direct issue, rather than the townhall forum influence his response would be different.

The le of the video is "Ann Coulter and James Carville dissect the protests over Obama's plan."

Is that why the host had to guide him off of his tangent and back to the subject at hand?

For the record, I don't even like Coulter, but she can wipe the floor with that skeleton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoring this a "win" for Coulter because Carville talked about other issues is like disqualifying a 4 year old from a coloring tournament for going outside the lines.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoring this a "win" for Coulter because Carville talked about other issues is like disqualifying a 4 year old from a coloring tournament for going outside the lines.
    You can put a rattlesnake on a rollercoaster . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a straw man if I ever saw one. Since Ann went to Cornell and I would like to presume she obtained better vocabulary than what she said. Perfected is a real ambiguous term to use in that situation and it has more often been used in prejudiced social situations...mainly the eugenics movement. I would expect someone supposedly highly intellectual to have better wording for all the criticizing she does for others comments (and wording)
    Here is the transcript

I think my recollection of that episode is pretty accurate; but, I guess the word "perfected" is too heated to get beyond; obviously the host stopped listening at that point - most people did, apparently.

Also, I'm not a Coulter fan; that's really the only thing she's ever done I paid attention to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I used to love Carville when I was a kid. That accent is the bomb.

As I grow older I see him for what he is though.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Some people are really stretching here. Carville wanted to just read his talking points about how AWESOME the democrats are and how stupid the protestors are.

Coulter talked about the issue at hand and the host seemed to agree that she was making sense. Then Carville got PISSED!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I used to love Carville when I was a kid. That accent is the bomb.

As I grow older I see him for what he is though.
    I saw Carville and Matalin last year giving a joint lecture; they were both very good, humorous, etc....

What was most striking was during the question and answer, the "questioners" including professors and especially students were WAY out of their league in the micro debates with either professional on stage. Either of the Politicos simply undressed the amateurs; wish I could remember specifics; it was fun.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I hate it when people just quote something without source material. Because of that, I sourced some of these quotes, for context. LnGrrrR, are you proud to post what amounts to propaganda when you fail to source it and in context?
    While the form of treachery varies slightly from case to case, liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.

---and---

Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant.
    Aren't the two above here a fact? Liberals always protect the enemy!
    "If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"
    I've seen a good explaination on this. I really wish you would source the Coulter quotes. Without context, you can make anyone look bad. I believe this is out of one of her books I have. Wish the material you quote had root sources, but then again, propaganda doesn't work when you make access the truth.
    "If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."
    Out of context:
    Ann Coulter: “But about the same time, you know, Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack. So, I’ve learned my lesson. If I’m gonna’ say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.” (ABC, Good Morning America, June 25.)
    She was joking that not to be criticized by the media, she had to make statements like liberals do.
    "We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."
    I agree with executing him.
    "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."
    How about a bit more of it:
    Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now.

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.
    The above makes more sense if you read the entire article:

This Is War
    "Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."
    Let's look at the paragraph before and after that remark:
    On the op-ed page of The New York Times, Maureen Dowd openly lied about the press pass, saying: "I was rejected for a White House press pass at the start of the Bush administration, but someone with an alias, a tax evasion problem and Internet pictures where he posed like the 'Barberini Faun' is credentialed?"

Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the president. Still, it would be su ious if Dowd were denied a press pass while someone from "Talon News" got one, even if he is a better reporter.

But Dowd was talking about two different passes without telling her readers (a process now known in journalism schools as "Dowdification"). Gannon didn't have a permanent pass; he had only a daily pass. Almost anyone can get a daily pass — even famed Times fantasist Maureen Dowd could have gotten one of those. A daily pass and a permanent pass are altogether different animals. The entire linchpin of Dowd's column was a lie. (And I'm sure the Times' public editor will get right on Dowd's deception.)

Source: [URL=http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/printer_friendly.cgi?article=43]REPUBLICANS, BLOGGERS AND GAYS, OH MY!
    by Ann Coulter
    February 23, 2005
    "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much." -on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration
    On this above example, she is talking about only the specific women she dubbed "The Jersey Girls." Here's a partial transcript of an interview after that:
    Coulter: This is the left's doctrine of infallibility. If they have a point to make about the 9/11 Commission, about how to fight the war on terrorism, how about sending in somebody we are allowed to respond to. No. No. No. We have to respond to someone who had a family member die. Because then if we respond, oh you are questioning their authenticity.

Lauer: So grieve but grieve quietly?

Coulter: No, the story is an attack on the nation. That requires a foreign policy response.

Lauer: By the way, they also criticized the Clinton administration.

Coulter: Not the ones I am talking about. No, no, no.

Lauer: Yeah they have.

Coulter: Oh no, no, no, no, no. They were cutting commercials for Kerry. They were using their grief to make a political point while preventing anyone from responding.

Lauer: So if you lose a husband, you no longer have the right to have a political point of view?

Coulter: No, but don't use the fact that you lost a husband as the basis for being able to talk about, while preventing people from responding. Let Matt Lauer make the point. Let Bill Clinton make the point. Don't put up someone I am not allowed to respond to without questioning the authenticity of their grief.

Lauer: Well apparently you are allowed to respond to them.

Coulter: Yeah, I did.

Lauer: So, in other words.

Coulter: That is the point of liberal infallibility. Of putting up Cindy Sheehan, of putting out these widows, of putting out Joe Wilson. No, no, no. You can't respond. It's their doctrine of infallibility. Have someone else make the argument then.

Lauer: What I'm saying is, I don't think they have ever told you, you can't respond.

Coulter: Look, you are getting testy with me.

Lauer: No. I think it's a dramatic statement. "These broads are millionaires stalked by grief-parrazies"? "I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much."

Coulter: Yes, they are all over the news.

So too, unfortunately, is Ann Coulter.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You have to give it up to Coulter. She may be a nut but she's confident in her beliefs and opinions. She never backs down from them. It's always funny to see the sexual tension between her and Bill Maher when he has her on his show.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to give it up to Coulter. She may be a nut but she's confident in her beliefs and opinions. She never backs down from them. It's always funny to see the sexual tension between her and Bill Maher when he has her on his show.
    ha. coulter is more of a man then maher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw Carville and Matalin last year giving a joint lecture; they were both very good, humorous, etc....

What was most striking was during the question and answer, the "questioners" including professors and especially students were WAY out of their league in the micro debates with either professional on stage. Either of the Politicos simply undressed the amateurs; wish I could remember specifics; it was fun.
    Yeah, when I first saw Carville he was always joking around and having fun with it.

This past year he always appears angry and is nothing more than a broken record democratic billboard.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I hate it when people just quote something without source material. Because of that, I sourced some of these quotes, for context.
    Even with the source material, these quotes stand on their face as being obviously designed to be divisive. Do you really think it's true that all liberals try to bring down America? If so, then don't expect any quarter when liberals paint conservatives as knuckledragging racist inbred hicks.

The point of the 'old Arab' remark is not about press passes for Maureen Dowd. The fact is that she was using racism to make a point. Even an ARAB person can get a press pass (arab being code for terrorist/undesirable person.)

My point about the 'war' quote is that MOST people will disagree that America should carpet-bomb enemies, as it goes against most of the rules of war (force only as much as needed, avoiding innocent casualties, etc etc). However, she is happy to kill millions of innocents, without even so much as a seeming second thought. This is even worse when we are not at war with a COUNTRY, but with a group of individuals within the country. Tell me, if a rogue terrorist cell in America attacked France, would you be ok with France carpetbombing us? I doubt it.

I don't see how you can add any context to the idea that women=stupid voters.

Saying you agree with an execution for a valid reason is not the same as saying you agree with an execution in order to intimidate a group of people that weren't tangibly involved.

Oh, and the final bit you posted? That pretty much sums up my point. Matt Lauer owns her thoughout the whole thing. She plays hard and loose with the facts, and it burns her. What about the whole Canadian brouhaha? Yet another episode where she made a fool of herself, and self-righteously stuck to her guns, compounding the issue.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah, when I first saw Carville he was always joking around and having fun with it.

This past year he always appears angry and is nothing more than a broken record democratic billboard.
    Carville sucks too. He's ok at certain tactics, but his strategy is old and outdated.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I thought that was weak. Carville bull made it really weak. Meaning avoiding the subject and attempting to get people to talk about birthers and trying to tell us all republicans are dumb...again. This political message is ing OLD. Talk policies and let the Americans decide.

Thread Information