Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and remember the amount of hype that was heaped on President-elect Barack Obama.

Obama baby boom: Predicted surge in births goes bust.

“On Nov. 4, the hope and happiness seemed boundless for supporters of President-elect Barack Obama, leading some to speculate, with a wink and a nod, that in nine months there would be a virtual Obama baby boom — a celebratory uptick in the national birthrate. But now, 40 weeks later — the average human gestation period — MSNBC is reporting the prediction has largely been nothing more than, well, false hope.”
    And not the last such, I suspect.

It was this kind of nonsense that gave rise to the derisive "Obamessiah" jokes.

How foolish many of these people must feel, today.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I never heard that rumor... but of course there's still a chance, if there's a slight boom of kids 40 weeks after Jan. 20th... when will that be?

October 27th... my wife's bday... and 6 days before my first kid is due...

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the first african american president in the u.s. is elected and you immediately think "honey, let's bone"? geez. and it's probably people that can't afford to take care of a kid, so go figure.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the first african american president in the u.s. is elected and you immediately think "honey, let's bone"? geez. and it's probably people that can't afford to take care of a kid, so go figure.
    Well to tell the truth it was the pecs, and the pulsating thrills running up legs.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    First kid on the way?

And no, mine had nothing to do with Obama... more to do with a friend's going away on Bourbon Street.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is huge news. I mean it seemed likely that the election of President Obama would not only encourage rampant copulation but also alter ovulation cycles and solve many infertility problems immediately to ensure conception among those couples having celebratory intercourse and assuring a correlated e in births 40 weeks later. That it didn't happen is proof positive that Americans actually were unhappy with Obama's election - so unhappy that they continued to be physically bound by the biological and biochemical laws of procreation. Really, had America been as joyous as the Obama-friendly media supposes, nothing could have stopped a correlative increase in the birth rate! That it didn't happen just goes to show you how superficial Obama supporters really are.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, since all Obama supporters are gays and abortionists, I don't see how this should come as a surprise.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is seriously what you guys think about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yoni and Whott are famous for "enculer la mouche"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried to talk Boutons into it, but he did not feel it was the right time to take on the responsibilities of expanding the family.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Man..I hate the French...they have phrases for just about every situation. Besides, you shouldn't speak French, that's unpatriotic.
    The best French phrase I've ever heard...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'esprit_de_l'escalier

Thread Information