Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gomes would in fact be a player, who would bring some nice additional qualities and who is enough of the typical role player, that he would fit well in the role of a 7th or 8th man.
    but why would the Wolves hand him over? (I assume we don't offer the Splitter rights)
    he is good, he is young, the price is low, he is smart, he works hard, he's a team guy and leader. and I don't think they will sacrifice him to get cap space in 2010, when no major FA will ever go there anyhow. well, on the other hand, it's the Wolves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always thought of Gomes and Keith Bogans as future Spurs players for some reason. Both decent players, always liked them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, Finley+Williams for Gomes works.

Not only would they save 2.75M from Gomes in 2011, but they could cut Williams to save an additional amount next year. How much is Williams guaranteed and by when, it does not say in shamsports.
    Williams contract is likely fully non-guaranteed.

Gomes can play both SF and PF.
    To create enough playing time for him and to save some tax money, the perfect scenario would be a trade where both Finley and Bonner were traded for him.

A trade like Bonner + Finley + 1st round pick for Gomes + Bobby Brown would be quite nice for Spurs. Spurs could salary dump Bobby Brown after that.
    Players like Bonner and Finley have no value for a rebuilding team like Minny. However, they have some value for pretenders looking for shooting and/or vet experience so you can imagine some 3 way trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think the Sessions signing will have an impact on anything? I cannot imagine they are signing him to be a back up, at least not right away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think the Sessions signing will have an impact on anything? I cannot imagine they are signing him to be a back up, at least not right away.
    Mostly as insurance if Johnny Flinn is not ready to compete on the court with starter minutes (34-38mpg).

4yr/16 million dollar deal is a great valued deal for the Wolves. I assume him and Flinn will split time at the PG at 24-26 mpg each. That would make the label of a "starter" irrelevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who plays in the crunch time is what matters. I was speaking more to the availability of a player like Gomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gomes is a tweener whose minutes will be reduced because of Kevin Love's development next season. However, the Wolves need a SG but we can't give them any. That is where the problem lies. I am also against giving out our 1st round pick unless another early second comes back. The Wolves have too many picks as well, so unless we find a third party, Gomes is not going to be in San Antonio any time soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always thought of Gomes and Keith Bogans as future Spurs players for some reason. Both decent players, always liked them.
    1 more left

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I liked Ryan Gomes out of college. Wanted the Pistons to take him instead of Jason Maxiell. But, I don't know if he's solved the issue teams had back then. What position does he play? He has good shooting skills and some perimeter skills to play the small forward position but absolutely does not have the lateral quickness to stay with most small forwards. And while he has extraordinarily long arms, he's still quite undersized to play the 4. If he could lose maybe 15 lbs or convert it to lean muscle that would enable him to move better laterally, he could be a very good small forward. Until then, I wonder if he could be a difference maker on a good team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, Finley+Williams for Gomes works.

Not only would they save 2.75M from Gomes in 2011, but they could cut Williams to save an additional amount next year. How much is Williams guaranteed and by when, it does not say in shamsports.
    No way! We can't lose Bruno. Finley and Williams, ok.....there are many other spurstalk members we could include in this trade besides Bruno. We need his French connections and cap savvy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well you were half right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like gomes. reminds me a lot of shawn marion without so much of the annoying flick shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs make a trade for Gomes by giving up Mason + Mahinmi before the deadline?

NBAChamp..to be Continued SpurNation's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs had Dalembert and Iguodala at the risk of not resigning Manu next year would you be in favor of this trade?

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5434006

A complete change of the team for the rest of this season to see if it could gel and be a legit contender for next season.

Thread Information